U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2007, 12:52 PM

1,701 posts, read 5,848,477 times

Advertisements

Nea, did I say illegal immigrants are more worthy than Americans?! I never said that, and no offense but were back to the poor American shield.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2007, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by la quinta family View Post
Too true. but honestly....
I think you'd have more luck selling dental floss at a Willie Nelson
concert than that idea to this group.
LOL. La Quinta that is tooooo funny!!! BTW, I love La Quinta California, last time I checked their are hard working illegal immigrants who don't create havic or chaos. What a funny statement!

Old 02-06-2007, 01:03 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,694,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Nea, no one comes to a country looking to be secured in health care, or any other benefits. The payment of a job is why people come here, people desiring a better life based on economic reasons is why people come here.
You dont think they let their families know what is offered here. I have talked directly to them, they hold nothing back. And if they dont know before hand, they sure do use it once they find out!!!!!

Quote:
Nea, did I say illegal immigrants are more worthy than Americans?! I never said that, and no offense but were back to the poor American shield.
it isnt a shield, that is your reasoning for hiring them they were once poor. There are alot of americans that are still poor and not getting the services and help the illegals are. And yes by saying you would hire and illegal over a poor amercian that is exactly what you are saying!!

Last edited by Yac; 02-07-2007 at 07:47 AM..

Old 02-06-2007, 01:07 PM

165 posts, read 281,097 times
Let's be perfectly honest here, Nea. The government has the means to relieve poverty and resolve the issue of illegal immigration. It simply chooses not to.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:08 PM

A well paying job, beats incredible health insurance and other benefits by a mile. For example, from my last website I recalled from, some Mexicans make $1.40 a day, in California you make $7.50 as minimum wage as of January first...This is a toughy....8X$7.50 or $1.40 a day, someone with a middle school education could figure this one.

1,459 posts, read 4,041,549 times
Quote:
The illegal immigrants are not receiving a fair shake, they are looked down upon because they've broken the law, but many people can't see their despair and therefore cannot treat illegal immigrants rationally and design a compromising solution to the problem.

Are you by chance on some type of hallucenogenic medication? I'm curios where illusions like this come from. Illegal Aliens in this country get a better shake than American Citizens do. Do you think american criminals could stage a protest and make demands and get away with it?... The answer is NO, they would be thrown in jail. Do you think Americans could sneak into another country and get all the freebies that illegal aliens get here?

People that uphold for for these illegals are as bad for this country as the illegals themselves. These people no doubt live a very sheltered life and have no idea what's going on in their own back yard. Do some traveling and pick towns around the country at random, ask people there how things have changed in their town because of illegals.

Last edited by Yac; 02-07-2007 at 07:50 AM..

178 posts, read 680,478 times
Quote:
LOL. La Quinta that is tooooo funny!!! BTW, I love La Quinta California, last time I checked their are hard working illegal immigrants who don't create havic or chaos. What a funny statement!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, I stole that joke.. haha! Yes, La Quinta is full
of hard working illegals, respectful ones who cause
no problems, and fill the Walmart on the weekends
spending back the little they have earned. They
are always dressed nice in their inexpensive but
always ironed and clean clothes. After Church on
Sundays... when they go to Walmart their kids
are all dressed up.. again, obviously in inexpensive clothes
but always nice and clean. I have
never seen a more hard working people. Sorry..
I know that will rile a few of you up, but it's true.
The Big contractors come and give their estimates
in their big fancy trucks, and then later here come
the illegals in their beat up cars, working their asses
off in 120 degree weather. Meanwhile the big boss,
goes off and gets another contract written up ( they
are almost always white) and then sends out a bunch
more illegals to do the job. They are all around me,
everywhere I go. I don't condone them crossing the border
but I have respect for anyone who works that hard. I don't care
who or where they come from.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:10 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,694,959 times
some people live in a very small world.

Quote:
A well paying job, beats incredible health insurance and other benefits by a mile. For example, from my last website I recalled from, some Mexicans make $1.40 a day, in California you make $7.50 as minimum wage as of January first...This is a toughy....8X$7.50 or $1.40 a day, someone with a middle school education could figure this one.
beats incredible health insurance? have you ever had a baby, it can cost almost 20000 expecially if you need a c-section. Ever had surgery. Well my sons cost 75,000.00 , yep $7.50 an hour and no insurance will cover that!

Last edited by Yac; 02-07-2007 at 07:51 AM..

Old 02-06-2007, 01:12 PM

178 posts, read 680,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
some people live in a very small world.
Or maybe they are just small minded.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:12 PM

Nea, I don't know how things roll in AZ, but the tables don't turn much anywhere with this issue. Every American has the perfect ability to get a decent job, receive as much health care as an illegal immigrant, and receive as many benefits as an illegal immigrant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or