U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2007, 11:50 PM

122 posts, read 347,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Instead they spread around their mess with gangs, graffitti, etc.
There's graffiti in Calgary, AB, Canada, too. From what I saw, it was mostly white folk in that city, maybe a few non-whites here and there for flavor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2007, 12:10 AM

Quote:
They had a rally in my town last year. They were waving their MEXICAN flag.
Does it anger you to know that the American flag is commonly seen in Canada? It's Canada, there should only be Canadian flags there, right? But they even have a little American flag emblazoned with the Canadian flag in the public buses... owned by the Canadian government! Yet I never heard any outcry there about "those damn Americans" or "all those American flags".
Quote:
They have 10 or more people living in one dwelling.
Americans do that, too. They're called "college students".
Quote:
I can't even sit outside my home because they drive down the streets blaring thier stomping music that just thumps and thumps.
I've seen white folk do that in Anchorage. Yes, it's annoying behavior, but geeze, you hear it for like three seconds, and then they're gone.
Quote:
Unfortunately, the police dept where I am, does nothing. They just slap em on the wrist and let them go.
I wouldn't think the police would or should do much of anything about flag waving, painting houses obnoxious colors, or having their car stereos turned up.
Quote:
Let's not even get into the fact they are illegal, drive vehicles here, with no insurance, no license.
You know for a fact whether a particular individual is illegal? Unless you have some evidence, I don't think the police will investigate someone just because they "look illegal". I believe that's called "profiling", which is very frowned upon, if not illegal. And I'd imagine that would be the jurisdiction of the INS rather than the police anyway, though I could be wrong. You could always call INS, if it bugs you that much.

Aren't Mexican driver's licenses valid in America? American licenses are valid in Canada. I think you have to get a license where you live after a certain period of time, but an out of state/out of country license is valid for awhile. And if all these illegals are getting SSNs, how hard do you think it would be for them to get a license?

No insurance? Has there been studies done on this comparing the rate of uninsured illegal immigrants to the rate of uninsured legal immigrants/Americans? Has it been a news item? Or are you simply assuming that they can't afford/don't bother with insurance?
-------------
Quote:
Just out of curiosity, how old are you? Do you have a job? Pay taxes?
Don't know about him, but I've paid taxes even as a kid. It's called sales tax. Isn't it horrendous that children should be forced to pay taxes?!

Last edited by CandyApple; 02-07-2007 at 12:46 AM..

Old 02-07-2007, 01:05 AM
KSA

6 posts, read 9,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
Top 5 Reasons Why I love Illegal Immigrants:

1) They do jobs I don't want to do.
2) Help make cities more vibrant.
3) I love Latin women.
4) They help divert attention from us African Americans.
5) I love Mexican and Central American food.
Why does it take illegal immigrants to create those things? Those things can be found in other places around the world with legal and controlled immigration.

The reasons that I do not support illegal immigration is because it only takes the minority to break the law for it to be a problem. Even if it's only one person. How can a murderer be caught if there isn't any record of them? How can a drug trafficer or car thief be caught as well if there isn't any record of them? It only takes one serious illegal criminal for it to be a problem.

Other than that, I am very liberal thinking with the rest of my political views. However, there isn't a country in the civilised world that would put up with the amount of illegal immigration that occurs in the US.

Old 02-07-2007, 01:08 AM

Quote:
...The LAPD estimates there are now 22,000 Latino gang members in the city of Los Angeles alone. That’s not only more than all the Crips and the Bloods; it’s more than all black, Asian, and white gang members combined.
From: http://www.city-data.com/city/Los-An...alifornia.html
Quote:
Races in Los Angeles:
* Hispanic (46.5%)
* White Non-Hispanic (29.7%)
* Other race (25.7%)
* Black (11.2%)
* Two or more races (5.2%)
* Filipino (2.7%)
* Korean (2.5%)
* Chinese (1.7%)
* American Indian (1.4%)
* Japanese (1.0%)
* Other Asian (0.9%)
* Asian Indian (0.7%)
* Vietnamese (0.5%)

(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Considering Hispanics account for nearly half of the population (possibly more than half, as "Hispanics could be counted in other races", it's not much of a surprise for them to account for more gang members than blacks, whites, and Asians combined. If Hispanics didn't account for such a large percentage of the population I might be impressed by them having more members than "blacks, whites and Asians combined".

Gangsters are gangsters, racists are racists, regardless or their nationality or race.

Old 02-07-2007, 01:25 AM
KSA

6 posts, read 9,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by la quinta family View Post
I live in a tourist place with lot's of immigrants and I was just thinking the other day that, that's why they have moved to the United States. To improve their lives.
It's not America's responsibility to support and pay the cost because a lot of Mexico is a hole, and the Mexican government is corrupt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by la quinta family View Post
The ones that are here in the desert work hard and are law abiding. I mean there are bad apples everywhere
.... what about the white trash meth users that are "ruining" everywhere. Yes, there are some bad elements of the immigrants from Mexico but I would bet they are a very small percent compared as a whole.
This is a big problem. If legal and documented people break the law, then at least there is a record of that person. If an illegal and undocumented person breaks the law, then they are invisible and free to commit more crimes. This is the reason that illegal immigration is a problem, and the reason that anybody in the US that does not have legal documentation should be returned to the country that they are from, even if the person has lived in the US for years.

Just because an illegal immigrant has lived in the US for years does not mean that they should receive automatic residency either because it is unknown if that person committed a crime in the past or not as there isn't any record of them. Unfortunately, the minority of undocumented immigrants that do commit a crime make it impossible to allow residency to any of the undocumented immigrants in my opinion.

Old 02-07-2007, 01:31 AM

Quote:
You go to sell and nobody wants to live in your Hispanic overrun neighborhood and all that you have invested into your home is worth NOTHING.
Then why are homes in California so expensive?

Old 02-07-2007, 01:40 AM

Quote:
It's far easier to attack individuals than to address the root causes of why illegals risk their lives to reach a land where they not only have to live on less than minimum wage (and pay taxes too) but have to face the racism as displayed by far too many on this forum.
Excellent point. Couldn't agree more.

Old 02-07-2007, 02:24 AM

1,459 posts, read 4,040,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyApple View Post
Does it anger you to know that the American flag is commonly seen in Canada? It's Canada, there should only be Canadian flags there, right? But they even have a little American flag emblazoned with the Canadian flag in the public buses... owned by the Canadian government! Yet I never heard any outcry there about "those damn Americans" or "all those American flags".

You don't see American people crossing the Canadian border illegally and holding protest marches in Canada either do you, with the Canadian flag turned upside down. If we did that they would throw our ass in jail.

Last edited by Yac; 02-07-2007 at 07:55 AM..

Old 02-07-2007, 03:50 AM

28,166 posts, read 43,452,271 times
Quote:
There's graffiti in Calgary, AB, Canada, too. From what I saw, it was mostly white folk in that city, maybe a few non-whites here and there for flavor.
Tons of graffiti in East Oakland too, and anyone familiar with the Bay Area knows the demographics of that town.

Old 02-07-2007, 03:57 AM

28,166 posts, read 43,452,271 times
Quote:
Then why are homes in California so expensive?
LOL... good question! As mentioned before, my town is almost 70% (possibly more) Latino, and they're selling a CONDO next-door for $500K. It's a 2bdr/1ba, I think, and doesn't look very big... so if half a million is cheap, I'd like to know what their idea of expensive is. Of course the Bay Area has condos that are pricier than that, but it's still not cheap even by our standards!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or