U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-07-2007, 06:20 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Reputation: 2086

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyApple View Post
There's graffiti in Calgary, AB, Canada, too. From what I saw, it was mostly white folk in that city, maybe a few non-whites here and there for flavor.
How bad is your illegal situation there in Alaska?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-07-2007, 11:07 AM
 
178 posts, read 680,383 times
Reputation: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
1. I don't think a fence will really do all that much in slowing the traffic down, unless there's enough Agents/ National Guard patroling it with authority to use what ever force is necessary. They can't fence all 2000 miles of it anyway. Border Patrol stations would have to be built X number of miles apart with night vision cameras and Air Craft with night vision, ground sensors and enough man power... it would take a great deal of money to seal the border.

2. All the free care they get is costing us $billions a year, and yet we have our own who need help but can't get any. As for the "anchor baby" solution, if the parents are not legal citizens then the child is not legal either. After mother and child are able to travel... deport them back where they came from. Birth for illegals alone are in the $billions a year.

3.Our government should be checking more closely on business owners they suspect of hiring illegals, and they know what type of business is most likely hiring illegals. If caught working illegals the penalty should be severe, let business owners know we will not tolerate this.

4. People in this country illegal should not have access to any public assistance programs, those were creatated for american citizens... even though some abuse the system.


5. I don't think our government, police depts. etc should be allowed to run wild with profiling, but I feel in certain cases they should have the authority in checking citizenship papers and a finger print check when necessary. As we all know a lot of citizenship papers are forgeries.


6. Something you didn't mention is free education, I could really get on a roll about this.
Do you mean free education for the so called anchor babies?
I mean fairly right now.. they are citizen under the law if
they are born here, and as so they have a right to it.

But all other points I agree with. It's just a shame we are
right next door to an impoverished country. The temptation
to cross would be overwhelming I believe. There is
a post on here somewhere asking if you are proud to be
an American to which someone replied.. No, I'm not.
Their reason.... they didn't feel they did anything to deserve
being proud of their citizenship. They felt they very just
lucky, you know ..luck of the draw they were born here and
not somewhere else. They said however they felt very
fortunate that they are American's. I agree with that.
We're all lucky we were born on this side of the border and
will never be faced with the decision on whether to cross illegaly or
not. I will always be proud though... it's a feeling of pride to
be part of this Country whether I actually did anything to
deserve it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2007, 01:24 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
1,459 posts, read 4,040,936 times
Reputation: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by la quinta family View Post
Do you mean free education for the so called anchor babies?
I mean fairly right now.. they are citizen under the law if
they are born here, and as so they have a right to it.

But all other points I agree with. It's just a shame we are
right next door to an impoverished country. The temptation
to cross would be overwhelming I believe. There is
a post on here somewhere asking if you are proud to be
an American to which someone replied.. No, I'm not.
Their reason.... they didn't feel they did anything to deserve
being proud of their citizenship. They felt they very just
lucky, you know ..luck of the draw they were born here and
not somewhere else. They said however they felt very
fortunate that they are American's. I agree with that.
We're all lucky we were born on this side of the border and
will never be faced with the decision on whether to cross illegaly or
not. I will always be proud though... it's a feeling of pride to
be part of this Country whether I actually did anything to
deserve it or not.

It's not just the anchor babies, children born in other countries that are here illegally are getting free education on our tax dollars. Also adults from other countries who come here legal on a visa or whatever get free education as well. A few years ago my went back to school, she worked 5 days a week and took night classes and we payed a lot of money for that.


There were lots of students taking classes from foreign countries and didn't pay anything plus they had free housing while they were here in school. One example was a Japanese couple and two children, Mom and Dad already had two degrees in the medical field (at no charge of course) and working on a third, both kids were working on medical degrees. Their plans were that when they finished school they were moving back to Japan, what's wrong with this picture? We also payed through the nose to get both our kids through college, they didn't use a student loan or grants. They both worked part time jobs, we didn't want them starting out life in debt paying back loans. My problem with this is, how can so many people that are not citizens of this country get freebies when our people pay out the a$$ for everything they get?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2007, 02:15 PM
 
178 posts, read 680,383 times
Reputation: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
It's not just the anchor babies, children born in other countries that are here illegally are getting free education on our tax dollars. Also adults from other countries who come here legal on a visa or whatever get free education as well. A few years ago my went back to school, she worked 5 days a week and took night classes and we payed a lot of money for that.


There were lots of students taking classes from foreign countries and didn't pay anything plus they had free housing while they were here in school. One example was a Japanese couple and two children, Mom and Dad already had two degrees in the medical field (at no charge of course) and working on a third, both kids were working on medical degrees. Their plans were that when they finished school they were moving back to Japan, what's wrong with this picture? We also payed through the nose to get both our kids through college, they didn't use a student loan or grants. They both worked part time jobs, we didn't want them starting out life in debt paying back loans. My problem with this is, how can so many people that are not citizens of this country get freebies when our people pay out the a$$ for everything they get?
Well, I didn't realize you could come over on a visa and go to school for
free.. does for example Japan do this for us? I knew a lot of people
were here going to school but I just figured they had to pay like
we all do. For an example... if my kids were to go to school in
Oregon intead of California.... (which I wouldn't let them since
I keep hearing how much Oregon people hate us.. maybe I should
start a forum on that... after all I'm a United States citizen and have
the actual RIGHT to move there if I so choose which I don't because
I don't want to live around a bunch a people like that) Hope you are
not from Oregon.. no offense if you are.
But anyway...well we would have to pay more.
Housing is free also for people of other countries.. I mean are they
taking a loan out or is it completely free no strings attached?

Last edited by la quinta family; 02-07-2007 at 02:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2007, 04:45 PM
 
Location: CA Coast
1,900 posts, read 1,706,920 times
Reputation: 350
Strange, I see hard working taxpaying men and women giving their children all the advantages of living in America. At the school I work at, the Mexican families are on their way up, it is the Whites that are on their way down the economic ladder. I see elementary school kids whose parents snuck over the border getting a light in their eyes when they talk about going to college, being the first in their family to ever go to college.

The graffiti in our area is done mostly by whites.

Curious, how many of you have checked out what is required to enter the US legally to work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2007, 05:39 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by la quinta family View Post
Well, I didn't realize you could come over on a visa and go to school for
free.. does for example Japan do this for us? I knew a lot of people
were here going to school but I just figured they had to pay like
we all do. For an example... if my kids were to go to school in
Oregon intead of California.... (which I wouldn't let them since
I keep hearing how much Oregon people hate us.. maybe I should
start a forum on that... after all I'm a United States citizen and have
the actual RIGHT to move there if I so choose which I don't because
I don't want to live around a bunch a people like that) Hope you are
not from Oregon.. no offense if you are.
But anyway...well we would have to pay more.
Housing is free also for people of other countries.. I mean are they
taking a loan out or is it completely free no strings attached?


I actually am from Oregon, if you want the scoop on why just ask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2007, 06:48 PM
 
178 posts, read 680,383 times
Reputation: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I actually am from Oregon, if you want the scoop on why just ask.
I do.. tell me. But if it's because your prices have gone up...
well sorry, ours have too. If it's because your beautiful small
towns are now crowded.. well, welcome to the crowd.
No one likes to see their towns and cities explode with growth
and some don't. The ones that don't... well, no one wants to live there!
if it's something else.. or more to it than that.. well, bring it on.
I really do want to know. I would like to toot our horn for Californians...
we welcome anyone from any state. I wasn't born here but I've lived
here for 46 years. I moved with my parents when I was three. That's
a pretty long time and I consider myself a native but I don't think I own
California. California is up for grabs for anyone who wants to move here.
What makes Oregon any different?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2007, 08:32 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by la quinta family View Post
I do.. tell me. But if it's because your prices have gone up...
well sorry, ours have too. If it's because your beautiful small
towns are now crowded.. well, welcome to the crowd.
No one likes to see their towns and cities explode with growth
and some don't. The ones that don't... well, no one wants to live there!
if it's something else.. or more to it than that.. well, bring it on.
I really do want to know. I would like to toot our horn for Californians...
we welcome anyone from any state. I wasn't born here but I've lived
here for 46 years. I moved with my parents when I was three. That's
a pretty long time and I consider myself a native but I don't think I own
California. California is up for grabs for anyone who wants to move here.
What makes Oregon any different?
What prompted your family to move here from Mexico?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2007, 08:48 PM
 
178 posts, read 680,383 times
Reputation: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
What prompted your family to move here from Mexico?
Sorry to disapoint you Senora Andreabeth... my family moved here
from Texas. Or is it a young Senorita? Bitterness does not become you.
Besides.. don't you say all the illegals can't speak english let alone type
it? And how could I afford a computer on a lower than minimum wage job...
that YOU wanted but I got. Oh yeah, I stole you ss# number and charged up
a bunch of stuff. Thanks senora andreabeth... you are the greatest! Hector..
pass me another beer essay! I speak english... but sarcasm is my second language.

Last edited by la quinta family; 02-07-2007 at 08:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2007, 08:59 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by la quinta family View Post
Sorry to disapoint you Senora Andreabeth... my family moved here
from Texas. Or is it a young Senorita? Bitterness does not become you.
Besides.. don't you say all the illegals can't speak english let alone type
it? And how could I afford a computer on a lower than minimum wage job...
that YOU wanted but I got. Oh yeah, I stole you ss# number and charged up
a bunch of stuff. Thanks senora andreabeth... you are the greatest! Hector..
pass me another beer essay! see this sarcasm is fun for me too!
Have fun with the credit cards, should be a while before you run out of money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top