U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 06:30 AM

28,185 posts, read 43,461,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroquoispliskin View Post
Oh snap! I'm Irish!
I don't want your type invading my neighborhood, getting all drunk & driving into my kids... where can I go to escape the Irish??!!

Yes, I'm being sarcastic, in case anyone missed it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2007, 07:18 AM

1,393 posts, read 869,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Does ten people in a home bother you and Mexican flags hanging outside their houses? I could honestly say I care more about my toilet than this issue.
Thsi statement makes one wonder how much you care about AMERICA!! I see you are part of our PROBLEM. Because, you don't care what they do, as long as they do the jobs YOU don't want to do!!

Old 02-03-2007, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Well, I won't shy away from questions. I'm 20 years old, i worked in an office for six months until last October, and I pay taxes. I'm currently about to take a job as a pizza delievery man. The reason why California has slid in the past few years, traffic congestion/commute time, overpriced homes, run down neighborhoods and poor schools. These are not produced by illegal immigrants. except for children having the inability to speak strong English in public schools. Most homes were built in the 40's and 50's, they need remodeling. The high populations consists of job opportunities. The congestion caused by 36 million people who reside in the state, fourteen million more than any other state. The overpriced homes from willing buyers who desire the weather, a proffesional job, and an upscale community. Their are blacks, whites, latinos, and asians in Los Angeles County who have members involved in gangs and are in prison, and degrade the community around them. Their are illegal immigrants who are involved in gang activities and degrade communities, but their the only ones taking cheap shots. Where might you live? If I post immigrant statistics, you folks will show a confirmation bias towards your own opinions.
Wait until you own a home and people move into the neighborhood and throw trash around and play music lound all hours of the day. Your yard is the only one on the block that is clean. You go to sell and nobody wants to live in your Hispanic overrun neighborhood and all that you have invested into your home is worth NOTHING.

So, you sell just to leave the neighborhood with nothing to afford the next home.. What kind of America do you invision when your 50?

Good luck and you can thank yourself and people like you for feeling sorry for people that really could care less about your old age and they are retired in Mexico living off your Social Security.

Old 02-03-2007, 07:43 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
And therein lies the root of my argument... you only care about their waving of flags when the wavers have brown skin, right? And you all claim it's just an "immigration issue" - riiiiiight.
Want to play the race card? OK. If there were 12 million illegal aliens from Japan, South Korea, Singapore and Hong Kong here in the US I doubt that this illegal immigration forum would even exist. How about people from India? I don't see them lined up to collect govt handouts.

Old 02-03-2007, 07:50 AM

1,701 posts, read 5,848,477 times
AndreaBeth, two up above lies the answer of why I won't bother with statistics. The typical rant and an instigated flame war. Besides, my stats would be from websites you would discount.

Old 02-03-2007, 08:37 AM

178 posts, read 680,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Want to play the race card? OK. If there were 12 million illegal aliens from Japan, South Korea, Singapore and Hong Kong here in the US I doubt that this illegal immigration forum would even exist. How about people from India? I don't see them lined up to collect govt handouts.
Exactly! You know this country was based on accepting everyone
..... maybe we should remove the Statue of Liberty??? As far
as the orignal poster... It obviously was tongue in cheek but
he knew he was opening a can of worms and is probably sitting
back amused.

Old 02-03-2007, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
Thsi statement makes one wonder how much you care about AMERICA!! I see you are part of our PROBLEM. Because, you don't care what they do, as long as they do the jobs YOU don't want to do!!
I can care about America and not be concerned about 10 people to a household and Mexican Flags hanging from homes. You can't do Menial Jobs in California, your chances are very slim of living in a positive community.

Old 02-03-2007, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
Good luck and you can thank yourself and people like you for feeling sorry for people that really could care less about your old age and they are retired in Mexico living off your Social Security.
Why do you care so much if they pay taxes or receive Social Security Benefits, they probably don't even earn a fifth of your income, and they are paid very low wages. They make much less than you when it's all said and done.

Old 02-03-2007, 09:41 AM

1,398 posts, read 6,019,301 times
Because I pay for the entirety of their social services which other citizens and I do not receive ourselves, taxing us middle class Los Angeles residents deeper and deeper into the working poor category. All illegals' lifestyle choices here are predicated on a criminal mindset, that of deliberately breaking an important Federal law, and to think that there are those who must be pro-criminality themselves who want to reward them!

You can't rationalize perpetual lawless behavior, which is what "getting away" with breaking U.S. laws fosters. ALL other peoples from other countries have gone the legal route to become U.S. citizens: it is mind-blowing to think that you excuse our present day illegals from just the one part of the world.

Old 02-03-2007, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Why do you care so much if they pay taxes or receive Social Security Benefits, they probably don't even earn a fifth of your income, and they are paid very low wages. They make much less than you when it's all said and done.
There cost of living in Mexico were they plan to retire is not like our cost of living and they are using more resources then, we can supply when they come my the millions. We need regulations and time in between where U.S. doesn't take immigrants.

A lot don't even respect what we are doing for them. When ordering food in an all white establishment they very will know white people don't speak Spanish for the most and they are now expecting people to speak there language. My son watched 5 construction workers sit down and order in Spanish, the 20 year old kid had no idea what they wanted and they were getting mad because, he couldn't speak Spanish.
These are not the only cultures that will not assimilate the Asian have done the same and we also, have Muslim communities.
Whats wrong with coming here speaking English and flying the American Flag?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or