Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2007, 12:26 PM

39 posts, read 74,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsShorty23 View Post
Sweeping generalities are a dangerous mindset.

Does it occur to anyone that if these people could come here legally they would? It is "the tired, the poor, the huddled masses longing to breathe free" that are scaling those fences because they don't have the requisite bribe money to get a legal pass out of the country.

Guests with an invitation always seem to behave better than those that crash the party, don't you agree?
Thank you. I agree with 100%.

My husband received his Visa yesterday in Charlott NC. He entered legally but overstayed his Visa. So, he was in illegal status for a while. When the immigration officer told him he was approved yesterday he started crying right in front of her. She has an awesome job, I think. To celebrate we went to a hole in the wall mexican restaurant probably run by illegal immigrants. I would rather give my money to them than a giant chain any day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2007, 04:53 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanleaholvera View Post
Andreabeth,

Thanks for assuming, but my husband is NOT an illegal immigrant. He entered the country legally with a work visa.

Quote:
My husband received his Visa yesterday in Charlott NC. He entered legally but overstayed his Visa. So, he was in illegal status for a while. When the immigration officer told him he was approved yesterday he started crying right in front of her. She has an awesome job, I think. To celebrate we went to a hole in the wall mexican restaurant probably run by illegal immigrants. I would rather give my money to them than a giant chain any day.
Looks like I was right on the money.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Looks like I was right on the money.

Uhhhhhhh.....no you weren't. He entered here legally, and overstayed his visa by a minimal amount of time. When I posted that he had received work authorization two weeks prior to that.

Kuddos for assuming though, you did good.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:32 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
Uhhhhhhh.....no you weren't. He entered here legally, and overstayed his visa by a minimal amount of time. When I posted that he had received work authorization two weeks prior to that.

So he just happened to be legal on the day of my message. What a coincidence.
Quote:
Thanks for assuming, but my husband is NOT an illegal immigrant. He entered the country legally with a work visa.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
So he just happened to be legal on the day of my message. What a coincidence.
Yes, he was. We hired the lawyer in July 2006 and filed all our paperwork December 7, 2006. He was fingerprinted in January at the Charlotte immigration office and received his work authorization identification card shortly thereafter. Our lawyer's name is Thomas Fulghum of the Fulghum Law Firm, his website is www.fulghumlawfirm.com (broken link).

Again, thanks for assuming. When I posted he was here *legally*, but that's not really my point. My point is that someone like *you* who knows nothing about us thinks you can tell me who I can love or marry, all based on your racist pointless opinions of illegal aliens. It reminds me strangely of how blacks were treated about 50 years ago.

And the sad thing is, you don't see it.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:59 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,496,150 times
Quote:
Thank you. I agree with 100%.

Yes, Iam sure you would!

Old 03-15-2007, 07:56 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,467,611 times
Quote:

And he's a criminal right, ya' know because he was here illegally, trespassing our borders?!

Old 03-16-2007, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
And he's a criminal right, ya' know because he was here illegally, trespassing our borders?!
Yes he was a big bad scary criminal, trying to support his ailing mother and father.

Of course, alot of the people here think because he was here illegaly he must be trafficking drugs, be a member of a gang, have multiple sex partners, love the art of graffiti, drive without a license or insurance, and since I am American and he married me I must be morbidly obese, ugly and have a low self-esteem.

LOL

Old 03-16-2007, 12:44 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,673 times
Quote:
Yes he was a big bad scary criminal, trying to support his ailing mother and father.

Of course, alot of the people here think because he was here illegaly he must be trafficking drugs, be a member of a gang, have multiple sex partners, love the art of graffiti, drive without a license or insurance, and since I am American and he married me I must be morbidly obese, ugly and have a low self-esteem.

LOL

I don't think a lot of people here think the above. I know I don't. I really do know how wonderful it feels to have that legal status in hand. You feel like you belong.

Old 03-16-2007, 12:46 PM

22 posts, read 154,161 times
and now they are getting credit cards BECAUSE WE ARE NOT IN ENOUGH DEBT AS A NATION....... and free health care....WELCOME TO OUT TAX DOLLARS AT WORK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration