U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-08-2007, 01:26 PM
 
Location: NC
39 posts, read 66,174 times
Reputation: 12

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsShorty23 View Post
Sweeping generalities are a dangerous mindset.


Does it occur to anyone that if these people could come here legally they would? It is "the tired, the poor, the huddled masses longing to breathe free" that are scaling those fences because they don't have the requisite bribe money to get a legal pass out of the country.

Guests with an invitation always seem to behave better than those that crash the party, don't you agree?
Thank you. I agree with 100%.

My husband received his Visa yesterday in Charlott NC. He entered legally but overstayed his Visa. So, he was in illegal status for a while. When the immigration officer told him he was approved yesterday he started crying right in front of her. She has an awesome job, I think. To celebrate we went to a hole in the wall mexican restaurant probably run by illegal immigrants. I would rather give my money to them than a giant chain any day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-08-2007, 05:53 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,719,093 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanleaholvera View Post
Andreabeth,

Thanks for assuming, but my husband is NOT an illegal immigrant. He entered the country legally with a work visa.

Quote:
My husband received his Visa yesterday in Charlott NC. He entered legally but overstayed his Visa. So, he was in illegal status for a while. When the immigration officer told him he was approved yesterday he started crying right in front of her. She has an awesome job, I think. To celebrate we went to a hole in the wall mexican restaurant probably run by illegal immigrants. I would rather give my money to them than a giant chain any day.
Looks like I was right on the money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2007, 10:18 AM
 
Location: NC
39 posts, read 66,174 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Looks like I was right on the money.

Uhhhhhhh.....no you weren't. He entered here legally, and overstayed his visa by a minimal amount of time. When I posted that he had received work authorization two weeks prior to that.

Kuddos for assuming though, you did good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2007, 10:32 AM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,719,093 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanleaholvera View Post
Uhhhhhhh.....no you weren't. He entered here legally, and overstayed his visa by a minimal amount of time. When I posted that he had received work authorization two weeks prior to that.

Kuddos for assuming though, you did good.
So he just happened to be legal on the day of my message. What a coincidence.
Quote:
Thanks for assuming, but my husband is NOT an illegal immigrant. He entered the country legally with a work visa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2007, 06:53 AM
 
Location: NC
39 posts, read 66,174 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
So he just happened to be legal on the day of my message. What a coincidence.
Yes, he was. We hired the lawyer in July 2006 and filed all our paperwork December 7, 2006. He was fingerprinted in January at the Charlotte immigration office and received his work authorization identification card shortly thereafter. Our lawyer's name is Thomas Fulghum of the Fulghum Law Firm, his website is www.fulghumlawfirm.com (broken link).

Again, thanks for assuming. When I posted he was here *legally*, but that's not really my point. My point is that someone like *you* who knows nothing about us thinks you can tell me who I can love or marry, all based on your racist pointless opinions of illegal aliens. It reminds me strangely of how blacks were treated about 50 years ago.

And the sad thing is, you don't see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2007, 06:59 AM
 
1,210 posts, read 1,043,106 times
Reputation: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanleaholvera View Post
Thank you. I agree with 100%.

My husband received his Visa yesterday in Charlott NC. He entered legally but overstayed his Visa. So, he was in illegal status for a while. When the immigration officer told him he was approved yesterday he started crying right in front of her. She has an awesome job, I think. To celebrate we went to a hole in the wall mexican restaurant probably run by illegal immigrants. I would rather give my money to them than a giant chain any day.
Yes, Iam sure you would!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2007, 08:56 AM
 
Location: South Bay, California
1,701 posts, read 5,858,230 times
Reputation: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanleaholvera View Post
Uhhhhhhh.....no you weren't. He entered here legally, and overstayed his visa by a minimal amount of time. When I posted that he had received work authorization two weeks prior to that.

Kuddos for assuming though, you did good.
And he's a criminal right, ya' know because he was here illegally, trespassing our borders?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2007, 01:38 PM
 
Location: NC
39 posts, read 66,174 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
And he's a criminal right, ya' know because he was here illegally, trespassing our borders?!
Yes he was a big bad scary criminal, trying to support his ailing mother and father.

Of course, alot of the people here think because he was here illegaly he must be trafficking drugs, be a member of a gang, have multiple sex partners, love the art of graffiti, drive without a license or insurance, and since I am American and he married me I must be morbidly obese, ugly and have a low self-esteem.

LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2007, 01:44 PM
 
Location: Where the real happy cows reside!
4,281 posts, read 9,293,770 times
Reputation: 10414
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanleaholvera View Post
Yes he was a big bad scary criminal, trying to support his ailing mother and father.

Of course, alot of the people here think because he was here illegaly he must be trafficking drugs, be a member of a gang, have multiple sex partners, love the art of graffiti, drive without a license or insurance, and since I am American and he married me I must be morbidly obese, ugly and have a low self-esteem.

LOL

I don't think a lot of people here think the above. I know I don't. I really do know how wonderful it feels to have that legal status in hand. You feel like you belong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2007, 01:46 PM
 
22 posts, read 143,952 times
Reputation: 26
and now they are getting credit cards BECAUSE WE ARE NOT IN ENOUGH DEBT AS A NATION....... and free health care....WELCOME TO OUT TAX DOLLARS AT WORK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top