U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2007, 11:36 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,702,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
2) Help make cities more vibrant

I had to laugh at number 2.
I wish it was true!!!!!

IF Anyone agree with any of these, please come visit my town, then you might not agree.

Thanks for the laugh OP.
Oh yeah, come see how "vibrant" downtown Los Angeles is. It's so vibrant, it's become Northern Tijuana.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2007, 12:18 PM

1,393 posts, read 873,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanleaholvera View Post
Yes, he was. We hired the lawyer in July 2006 and filed all our paperwork December 7, 2006. He was fingerprinted in January at the Charlotte immigration office and received his work authorization identification card shortly thereafter. Our lawyer's name is Thomas Fulghum of the Fulghum Law Firm, his website is www.fulghumlawfirm.com.

Again, thanks for assuming. When I posted he was here *legally*, but that's not really my point. My point is that someone like *you* who knows nothing about us thinks you can tell me who I can love or marry, all based on your racist pointless opinions of illegal aliens. It reminds me strangely of how blacks were treated about 50 years ago.

And the sad thing is, you don't see it.
ILLEGAL IS ILLEGAL!! You can't even begin to compare Mexicans situation today as to the Blacks fifty years ago. Mexicans are getting away with being illegal and jobs to carry it through. Little sick of the sob stories that they give when caught here illegally like it's Americas fault.

My opinion....OUR GOVERNMENT is way to soft on the illegals of ANY RACE!!!!

Old 03-20-2007, 01:45 PM

1,393 posts, read 2,493,834 times
Quote:
Uhhhhhhh.....no you weren't. He entered here legally, and overstayed his visa by a minimal amount of time. When I posted that he had received work authorization two weeks prior to that.

Kuddos for assuming though, you did good.

Is minimal over staying a visa anything like minimal rape ? First I have heard of a minimal law breaker ! He should have been kicked out without any stinking work permit...

Old 03-20-2007, 01:52 PM

1,393 posts, read 2,493,834 times
Quote:
Yes he was a big bad scary criminal, trying to support his ailing mother and father.

Of course, alot of the people here think because he was here illegaly he must be trafficking drugs, be a member of a gang, have multiple sex partners, love the art of graffiti, drive without a license or insurance, and since I am American and he married me I must be morbidly obese, ugly and have a low self-esteem.

LOL

NO WE DON'T THINK THEY ARE ALL TRAFFICKING DRUGS, WE JUST THINK THEY ARE HERE ILLEGAL. I have a question, was this one of those marriages just to get papers ??????

Old 03-20-2007, 03:08 PM

451 posts, read 1,017,692 times
Quote:
dusesean1986
Why are some of you folks so focused on this issue?! They don't make as much money as you after its all said and done, regardless of necessary services. Your complaining about being jipped from someone who comes from a less fortunate nation and was born with less than you, and has less than you.
"They dont make as much money as I do"-NOT MY FAULT

"Less Fortunate Nation"- NOT MY FAULT...Tell them to CHANGE THEIR nation.

"born with less than you"- NOT MY FAULT...Their Mother and Father should have stood up to the corrupt government of Mexico before they were born.

"has less than you"- NOT MY FAULT

Anyone from anywhere can sit and do nothing or runaway and have everyone feel sorry for them. The Mexican people have a chose...They choose the easy way out. They choose to come to America Illegally and mooch off of every one of us. They should CHOOSE to change their corrupt government in Mexico. Why is it up to America and its citizens to help and feel compassion for every coward who chooses to stand by and live in poverty that is forced on them by corrupt governments?

Old 03-20-2007, 05:44 PM

1,210 posts, read 1,043,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Since pictures speak louder than words...

Oh my goodness, the Irish are taking over!! :

The Irsh wont fill up are jails and prisons and cost the U.S. tax payer millions of $$$$

Old 03-20-2007, 07:40 PM

451 posts, read 1,017,692 times
Quote:
junkman18
Quote:
gizmo980
I see that you left out the American Flag burning part, all the signs calling us racist pigs, the signs demanding citizenship and healthcare. We all see how slanted your opinion of illegal immigration is. Those people are faking those smiles for the camera.
(SARCASM)

Old 03-26-2007, 02:31 PM

39 posts, read 66,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
Is minimal over staying a visa anything like minimal rape ? First I have heard of a minimal law breaker ! He should have been kicked out without any stinking work permit...
I am not sure how you could compare a horrific violent crime that destroys thousands of people's lives every year to an illegal immigrant. And honestly, it offends me and I'm pretty sure it would offend many who have been raped.

If he had been detained he would not have been deported immediately because he did not cross illegaly. The United States Government gave him a green card, he went through a *legal process* to get it.

You are lumping him into a group of people who use the system and take our government for granted. I'm not saying these people don't exist. I want them gone too. But, I take offense that you somehow assume my husband is one of them.

Old 03-26-2007, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
NO WE DON'T THINK THEY ARE ALL TRAFFICKING DRUGS, WE JUST THINK THEY ARE HERE ILLEGAL. I have a question, was this one of those marriages just to get papers ??????
Nope. Those make me sick however. My husband is a beautiful person. When I had a tumor removed from my breast in January of 2006, I woke up at 1:30 in the morning,he had his arms around me whispering "Te Amo, Te Amo, Te Amo". That means "I love you" in Spanish.

Old 03-26-2007, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloedog View Post
NOT MY FAULT

NOT MY FAULT

NOT MY FAULT

NOT MY FAULT

Anyone from anywhere can sit and do nothing or runaway and have everyone feel sorry for them. The Mexican people have a chose...They choose the easy way out. They choose to come to America Illegally and mooch off of every one of us. They should CHOOSE to change their corrupt government in Mexico. Why is it up to America and its citizens to help and feel compassion for every coward who chooses to stand by and live in poverty that is forced on them by corrupt governments?

WOW. That speaks volumes. Good thing Jesus didn't say that when he came down on his chariot to save the world. Or we'd all be screwed.

Who said anything about them being Mexican? I know alot of illegal immigrants that aren't Mexican.

Their government is damn corrupt and many need to stay and fix it. However, I don't think they chose the easy way out. Leaving your family thousands of miles away and msising first steps and first words isn't what I would call easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or