U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2007, 01:37 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,058,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitenegro View Post
So, are you prejudiced now? Do you think it's right to climb to the top and then pull the ladder up so no one else can climb up.

Assimilation is easy - forcing your standards on others - is un-American.

Illegal is illegal. Why is it so had to comprehend? Immigrants that play by the rules and respected our laws are more likely to assimilate. I am prejudiced against criminal and those that believe we are not entitled to a sovereign nation, they can go back home.

You donít need a ladder when you knock on the front door and wait to be welcomed in. It's not my standards, it's the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2007, 01:58 PM

14 posts, read 40,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Illegal is illegal. Why is it so had to comprehend? Immigrants that play by the rules and respected our laws are more likely to assimilate. I am prejudiced against criminal and those that believe we are not entitled to a sovereign nation, they can go back home.

You donít need a ladder when you knock on the front door and wait to be welcomed in. It's not my standards, it's the law.

Wow - how absolute you are. Are you formally trained in these matters?

One would think that with all these experts on this forum - we would have a "more perfect union".

Old 06-08-2007, 02:05 PM

13,495 posts, read 33,488,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitenegro View Post
Wow - how absolute you are. Are you formally trained in these matters?

One would think that with all these experts on this forum - we would have a "more perfect union".
We would have a more "perfect union" if we didn't have to support the illegal aliens who slink across the borders.

Old 06-08-2007, 05:31 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,353,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post

Well said!

Old 06-09-2007, 12:01 PM

6,878 posts, read 17,851,145 times
DITTO CITIGIRL! Just a nice freakin' knock will do ya!

When I was 16, my idiot boyfriend decided to be "romantic" and climbed up to my second-story bedroom window with some flowers and a tape he had made for me. My dad busted in my bedroom with his pistol and said in a booming voice, "GET THE HE*L OUTTA MY HOUSE AND COME IN LIKE A REGULAR GENTLEMAN SHOULD, DURING THE DAY--AND THROUGH THE DOOR." (Needless to say, he broke up with me that weekend. )

Though I was mortified at the time, looking back now that I am 36, I am so glad my dad did that. It wasn't about him humiliating me or making me feel like crap, it was about him believing I deserved the utmost respect from any guy wanting my attention, and that if they truly cared about me, they wouldn't be creeping in my room at 2AM.

A lot like America!

Old 06-09-2007, 12:05 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,247,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
We would have a more "perfect union" if we didn't have to support the illegal aliens who slink across the borders.
THANK YOU JAMMIE!!!!!

Old 06-09-2007, 12:08 PM

6,739 posts, read 8,556,158 times
I can't even think of one reason - why I would love an illegal, let alone 5...haha.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:54 PM

7 posts, read 13,188 times
Jammie: "More Perfect Union" Firstly, perfect is perfect & you can not get any more perfect. Stop our greedy fellow American businesses from demanding the cheap labor illegal aliens provide. That would probably do it for you. You think?

Torn2pieces: Go back to where ever your people come from-England, Poland or where ever. Is that what you are saying? And although you have no reason(s) to love an illegal, the latest stats say that, in the not to distant future, 1 out of 4 American caucasion families will have a Latin marry one of their children. You think? Now what? This is not a "make-fun-of Torn2pieces" matter, it's a real issue & whether funny or not, it's going to happen, whether you or I like it or not. I don't think that's funny, do you?

Good Luck & God Bless

If American business would not be so greedy & demand & require their "cheap labor" maybe that would end the immigration problem, You think?

They seem to bring down "dollar value" everywhere they live, is this what you are saying? If this appears to be a / or the problem to you, it is simply because the illegal alien has "figured out", a long time ago, that he was being abused by his American counter-part. The illegal alien simply chose the following: What's good for the goose is good for the gender. Unless he also is buying his own home & simultaneously is having to deal with these type of remarks that come from these types of people; he functions under this particular mentality: "You pretend to pay me, I pretend to work" & is only looking for the opportunity to abuse the American system, no more or no less then the American system is abusing him. You think?

One other thing, have you ever seen poor white Americans & the way they live? Or is it something all of you just refuse to acknowledge until someone brings it to your attentions. Please, stop being ridiculous. Isn't it obvious that there are alot more of these (poor white Americans) then illegal aliens? Think about it.

If after reading this message you realize that the business of throwing rocks
back & forth will never bring an end to these types of problems, maybe, you'll also realize that American greed & interest was what started this problem, & although it may seem to late to do anything about it, one thing is certain, throwing rocks will NEVER take care of this problem. You think?

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 06-10-2007 at 01:35 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 06-10-2007, 02:06 AM

233 posts, read 390,466 times
Talking Patially agree

[quote=747air;859439]Jammie: "More Perfect Union" Firstly, perfect is perfect & you can not get any more perfect. Stop our greedy fellow American businesses from demanding the cheap labor illegal aliens provide. That would probably do it for you. You think?

Torn2pieces: Go back to where ever your people come from-England, Poland or where ever. Is that what you are saying? And although you have no reason(s) to love an illegal, the latest stats say that, in the not to distant future, 1 out of 4 American caucasion families will have a Latin marry one of their children. You think? Now what? This is not a "make-fun-of Torn2pieces" matter, it's a real issue & whether funny or not, it's going to happen, whether you or I like it or not. I don't think that's funny, do you?

Good Luck & God Bless

If American business would not be so greedy & demand & require their "cheap labor" maybe that would end the immigration problem, You think?

They seem to bring down "dollar value" everywhere they live, is this what you are saying? If this appears to be a / or the problem to you, it is simply because the illegal alien has "figured out", a long time ago, that he was being abused by his American counter-part. The illegal alien simply chose the following: What's good for the goose is good for the gender. Unless he also is buying his own home & simultaneously is having to deal with these type of remarks that come from these types of people; he functions under this particular mentality: "You pretend to pay me, I pretend to work" & is only looking for the opportunity to abuse the American system, no more or no less then the American system is abusing him. You think?

One other thing, have you ever seen poor white Americans & the way they live? Or is it something all of you just refuse to acknowledge until someone brings it to your attentions. Please, stop being ridiculous. Isn't it obvious that there are alot more of these (poor white Americans) then illegal aliens? Think about it.

If after reading this message you realize that the business of throwing rocks
back & forth will never bring an end to these types of problems, maybe, you'll also realize that American greed & interest was what started this problem, & although it may seem to late to do anything about it, one thing is certain, throwing rocks will NEVER take care of this problem. You think?[/QUOTE+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++

I partially agree with what you said, if employers didn't hire them they wouldn't be here...............no one is going to jump a border to a place that shuns them and doesn't let them earn a living. I think we have to go after those that do provide employment to them, whether it's our neighbor or a big corporation doing it, also those that allow them to live with so many in a dwelling, most localities have occupancy quotas on record so reporting dwellings that have more then the allotted numbers will usually result in a nice fine for the landlord, who in turn may stop renting to them when it starts to cost him more than he makes off that rent.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:08 PM

12 posts, read 33,184 times
well
i love illegal immigrants
and nothing will change that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or