U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-07-2008, 12:27 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,923,670 times
Reputation: 6517

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinolala View Post
I love them because as a business owner, I have a huge pool of people to employ that will work very hard and not expect competitive wages. This allows me and my family to live very well. I take home a very generous salary. I then have money to spend on tangible items as well as entertainment and travel. The money that I spend on those things, goes back into the economy and benefits all economic classes. Trickle down economics, if you will. If I had to pay someone $15.00 an hour and benefits, I would not have as much disposable cash. If I can pay someone $8.00 an hour and not provide benefits, I have more profit after expenses and a good portion of that will go into my investments and back into the economy as I buy things. American will do the labor and semi skilled jobs that I provide, but they want nearly double as much in pay.

In real life, I don't own a business and I don't employ people. This was sarcastic and is my feeling as to why illegals are employed. It benefits someone; our fellow legal Americans who focus on the bottom line - period.
It was an accurate portrayal of the greedy illegal hiring scumbags mind set.
Well done ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-07-2008, 12:29 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinolala View Post
I love them because as a business owner, I have a huge pool of people to employ that will work very hard and not expect competitive wages. This allows me and my family to live very well. I take home a very generous salary. I then have money to spend on tangible items as well as entertainment and travel. The money that I spend on those things, goes back into the economy and benefits all economic classes. Trickle down economics, if you will. If I had to pay someone $15.00 an hour and benefits, I would not have as much disposable cash. If I can pay someone $8.00 an hour and not provide benefits, I have more profit after expenses and a good portion of that will go into my investments and back into the economy as I buy things. American will do the labor and semi skilled jobs that I provide, but they want nearly double as much in pay.

In real life, I don't own a business and I don't employ people. This was sarcastic and is my feeling as to why illegals are employed. It benefits someone; our fellow legal Americans who focus on the bottom line - period.
This is also the excuse plantation owners used to justify ‘employing’ slaves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2008, 02:12 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,702,057 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
Do you honestly see a college educated citizen going to a low tier job as a construction grunt? or can you see a person with a phd choosing to go crop the fields for 7grand a season? .... Serously???

Mod cut-derogatory
As of 2007 the United States Census Bureau reports that 27% of the U.S. population had attained a bachelor's degree or higher. Additionally, 6.9% of the American population has completed a graduate degree or higher.

That leaves 67.1% of the U.S. population without a higher education degree.

What are they supposed to do for employment....seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2008, 02:23 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,685,038 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
As of 2007 the United States Census Bureau reports that 27% of the U.S. population had attained a bachelor's degree or higher. Additionally, 6.9% of the American population has completed a graduate degree or higher.

That leaves 67.1% of the U.S. population without a higher education degree.

What are they supposed to do for employment....seriously.
Add in those college grads who do not have specific job skills to your list as well.

Subtracting engineers, attorneys, MD's, dentists, and a few others...........a 4+ year degree is no guarantee of a high paying career anymore. 50 years ago yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2008, 05:40 PM
 
2,141 posts, read 7,050,132 times
Reputation: 1249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
As of 2007 the United States Census Bureau reports that 27% of the U.S. population had attained a bachelor's degree or higher. Additionally, 6.9% of the American population has completed a graduate degree or higher.

That leaves 67.1% of the U.S. population without a higher education degree.

What are they supposed to do for employment....seriously.
Business to business sales - I've done this for years (college drop out) and make a good living. So many people are fearful of sales which is a shame because it's a great profession and there are always jobs. If you do well you're secure because you generate money for your employer, whereas everyone else in the organization costs money.

Apprenticeships for the trades i.e. plumbing, electrical, welding, HVAC, etc.

Small business ownership - half of the people that I know that run successful businesses did not go to college and graduated from high school with average grades at best

Customer service, Accounting Clerks, Administrative Assistants, dog/cat groomers, transcriptionists, car detailing, tow truck driver, police officer (some municipalities don't require college), fire fighter, day care provider, web page designer and some IT jobs like a MCSE, LPN or home health provider, UPS, TSA, baggage handler, flight attendant, Fed Ex, truck driving, US Postal Service jobs, copier repair, house painter, carpet installer, wait staff jobs, casino jobs, bartending, dog walker, landscaper, etc. There are still many jobs that don't require a 4 year degree. Some like hairstylist will require completion of a beauty school program. Loans are available. Community colleges are a bargain.

A 4 year college degree is something that is good because it does provide one with more employment options, but it's not the golden key to success all of the time and there are plenty of professions that don't require one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2008, 06:56 PM
 
78 posts, read 121,592 times
Reputation: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
Top 5 Reasons Why I love Illegal Immigrants:

1) They do jobs I don't want to do.
2) Help make cities more vibrant.
3) I love Latin women.
4) They help divert attention from us African Americans.
5) I love Mexican and Central American food.

Completely agree with the post, I would however recommend other than mexican/Central american food, traditional puerto-rican food, it's in a league of its own...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2008, 07:14 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,923,670 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuquiyu View Post
Completely agree with the post, I would however recommend other than mexican/Central american food, traditional puerto-rican food, it's in a league of its own...
I'll ask you the same questions I normally ask those who agree with the OP .
1. Why not just hire a legal citizen to do the work you don't like to do?
2. How do Illegal immigrants make a city more vibrant than legal immigrants of the same ethnic background?
3. Personal choice but what makes an illegal latino woman more attractive than a legal latino woman?
4. Why do you feel african americans need a distraction from themselves?
5. What do Illegals have to do with good Mexican food?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2008, 07:14 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,240,329 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuquiyu View Post
Completely agree with the post, I would however recommend other than mexican/Central american food, traditional puerto-rican food,
Quote:
it's in a league of its own
...
As are you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2008, 07:19 PM
 
78 posts, read 121,592 times
Reputation: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Must be a slow slow day in bed rock that a 2 year old thread resurfaces.......................

5 reasons why I love Illegals......................? I dont.

Now legal immigrants I welcome with open arms..............There, problem solved

A few years ago, I lived near a community of Bosnian refugees brought by our government, they had been here for over 10 years, they were all, legal immigrants. None of them worked or wanted to work, living off of welfare, I knew about someone that was suing the goverment because he fell on government property, a lot of them building up disability cases, these are the people that praise so much, , on the other side of the coin, ironically, a bunch of mexican immigrants, some illegal, worked their butts off, so that these welcomed immigrants had a good life,, what a joke
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2008, 07:22 PM
 
78 posts, read 121,592 times
Reputation: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
As are you.
I guess a thank-you is in order!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top