U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-07-2008, 06:24 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,890,891 times
Reputation: 6517

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuquiyu View Post
A few years ago, I lived near a community of Bosnian refugees brought by our government, they had been here for over 10 years, they were all, legal immigrants. None of them worked or wanted to work, living off of welfare, I knew about someone that was suing the goverment because he fell on government property, a lot of them building up disability cases, these are the people that praise so much, , on the other side of the coin, ironically, a bunch of mexican immigrants, some illegal, worked their butts off, so that these welcomed immigrants had a good life,, what a joke
There is no denying it if what you say is true that some legals are less than productive. How many of those Bosnian immigrants entered the country and imeadiatly began committing crimes? Rape, murder, ID theft drug dealing, robbery? Quite a few illegals have committed the mentioned crimes and there is no denying that either. Add to that theft of social services. No denying that either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-07-2008, 06:51 PM
 
78 posts, read 121,391 times
Reputation: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
Top 5 Reasons Why I love Illegal Immigrants:

1) They do jobs I don't want to do.
2) Help make cities more vibrant.
3) I love Latin women.
4) They help divert attention from us African Americans.
5) I love Mexican and Central American food.
It looks like the anti immigration radicals are desperate, this thread is an obvious troll, yet is the longest one in the forum. These radicals portray
this workers from sob, as more of a threat than Al Quieda, when the reality is that the group with the lowest incidence of crime in US are the immigrants (legal or illegal), some people are just blind-folded by hate and would never accept the facts. Now that we have a multi-cultural government that in fact, better represents our multi-cultural society, I see very little chance for extremism against the immigrants as part of an official position, instead of blaming others for our own blunders, we should
work hard for our country to prevail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2008, 07:04 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,890,891 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuquiyu View Post
It looks like the anti immigration radicals are desperate, this thread is an obvious troll, yet is the longest one in the forum. These radicals portray
this workers from sob, as more of a threat than Al Quieda, when the reality is that the group with the lowest incidence of crime in US are the immigrants (legal or illegal), some people are just blind-folded by hate and would never accept the facts. Now that we have a multi-cultural government that in fact, better represents our multi-cultural society, I see very little chance for extremism against the immigrants as part of an official position, instead of blaming others for our own blunders, we should
work hard for our country to prevail.
Not sure what your rant is all about. ????
By our country I assume you mean the United States of America. I also assume you mean by extremism against immigrants you mean legal immigrants. As all illegals are in fact criminals and are not citizens of the USA. They in fact are not even legal residents of the USA. I don't recall a post comparing illegals to Al Qaeda nor stating that illegals are the greater threat. That said you never answered the questions I posed to you. No threat, no judgment intended. I was just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2008, 07:10 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,633,862 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Not sure what your rant is all about. ????
By our country I assume you mean the United States of America. I also assume you mean by extremism against immigrants you mean legal immigrants. As all illegals are in fact criminals and are not citizens of the USA. They in fact are not even legal residents of the USA. I don't recall a post comparing illegals to Al Qaeda nor stating that illegals are the greater threat. That said you never answered the questions I posed to you. No threat, no judgment intended. I was just curious.
As a wise Moderator said: Don't feed the Trolls
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2008, 08:56 AM
 
421 posts, read 985,690 times
Reputation: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuquiyu View Post
It looks like the anti immigration radicals are desperate, this thread is an obvious troll, yet is the longest one in the forum. These radicals portray
this workers from sob, as more of a threat than Al Quieda, when the reality is that the group with the lowest incidence of crime in US are the immigrants (legal or illegal), some people are just blind-folded by hate and would never accept the facts. Now that we have a multi-cultural government that in fact, better represents our multi-cultural society, I see very little chance for extremism against the immigrants as part of an official position, instead of blaming others for our own blunders, we should
work hard for our country to prevail.
You were right about one thing: if not trolling, it had to have been made in jest.

But you brought up Al Qaeda, and that is serious. I get riled up about posts that promote tinhatting and fear mongering, especially towards one segment of society. I've had a lot of flaming arrows sent my way over it. But if it's so easy to cross the border, it's only a matter of time before the real enemies of this country use that weakness against us. Maybe not Al Qaeda specifically, but any extremist group. The State Department lists 44 foreign terrorist organizations. The border security should be a huge priority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2008, 09:04 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,209,773 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie C. View Post
You were right about one thing: if not trolling, it had to have been made in jest.

But you brought up Al Qaeda, and that is serious. I get riled up about posts that promote tinhatting and fear mongering,
Quote:
especially towards one segment of society
. I've had a lot of flaming arrows sent my way over it. But if it's so easy to cross the border, it's only a matter of time before the real enemies of this country use that weakness against us. Maybe not Al Qaeda specifically, but any extremist group. The State Department lists 44 foreign terrorist organizations. The border security should be a huge priority.
Speaking of racists.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2008, 09:10 AM
 
421 posts, read 985,690 times
Reputation: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Speaking of racists.......
Read it again. It'll sink in eventually...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2008, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,819,795 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie C. View Post
You were right about one thing: if not trolling, it had to have been made in jest.

But you brought up Al Qaeda, and that is serious. I get riled up about posts that promote tinhatting and fear mongering, especially towards one segment of society. I've had a lot of flaming arrows sent my way over it. But if it's so easy to cross the border, it's only a matter of time before the real enemies of this country use that weakness against us. Maybe not Al Qaeda specifically, but any extremist group. The State Department lists 44 foreign terrorist organizations. The border security should be a huge priority.
News Flash: They are already here. As stated, it's very easy to enter this country, as evidenced by the millions of foreigners illegally “seeking a better life.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2008, 09:54 AM
 
421 posts, read 985,690 times
Reputation: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
News Flash: They are already here. As stated, it's very easy to enter this country, as evidenced by the millions of foreigners illegally “seeking a better life.”
No, Benicar. I was referring to people who hijack planes and blow up buildings. That would be my definition of a terrorist. Not an orange picker.

And it is too easy to cross, I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2008, 11:40 AM
 
Location: Oxygen Ln. AZ
9,321 posts, read 16,140,804 times
Reputation: 5685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
Top 5 Reasons Why I love Illegal Immigrants:

1) They do jobs I don't want to do.
2) Help make cities more vibrant.
3) I love Latin women.
4) They help divert attention from us African Americans.
5) I love Mexican and Central American food.
They not only do the jobs you don't want to do they also take away jobs that some might want or need to do in this economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top