U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-05-2009, 08:28 PM
 
2,625 posts, read 10,222,746 times
Reputation: 1858

Advertisements

4) They help divert attention from us African Americans.

lol ive always said this illegals are the new african americans of this country, everybody in america blame us for their shortfalls!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-06-2009, 04:20 AM
 
777 posts, read 1,120,818 times
Reputation: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
Top 5 Reasons Why I love Illegal Immigrants:

1) They do jobs I don't want to do.
5) I love Mexican and Central American food.
I agree with these. Who wouldn't?

I dunno about the other three. Neutral on them I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2009, 04:29 AM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,503,154 times
Reputation: 475
As far as I know, Mexican food is still among the top around the world. Dont know what this has to do with illegal immigrants. Though, I dont like buying food that says it is "Mexican authentic" but it is actually Americanized Mexican food. It's got to be authentic.

I couldnt agree more with the first one. As an American, I personally choose NOT to return to work in the fields. If there is someone else that wants to do it, fine but I doubt it will be another American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2009, 06:45 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,502,060 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
As far as I know, Mexican food is still among the top around the world. Dont know what this has to do with illegal immigrants. Though, I dont like buying food that says it is "Mexican authentic" but it is actually Americanized Mexican food. It's got to be authentic.

I couldnt agree more with the first one. As an American, I personally choose NOT to return to work in the fields. If there is someone else that wants to do it, fine but I doubt it will be another American.
It doesn't have to be an American. There are visas available for farmers to gain LEGAL foreign workers for those jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2009, 07:01 AM
 
Location: San Diego
34,965 posts, read 31,977,547 times
Reputation: 19440
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
As far as I know, Mexican food is still among the top around the world. Dont know what this has to do with illegal immigrants. Though, I dont like buying food that says it is "Mexican authentic" but it is actually Americanized Mexican food. It's got to be authentic.

I couldnt agree more with the first one. As an American, I personally choose NOT to return to work in the fields. If there is someone else that wants to do it, fine but I doubt it will be another American.
I believe the US and it's tax payers have the right to decide who works our fields and who doesn't not a bunch of people that can simply sneak across.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2009, 07:08 AM
 
Location: The Wine Country, CA
807 posts, read 1,141,634 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
4) They help divert attention from us African Americans.

lol ive always said this illegals are the new african americans of this country, everybody in america blame us for their shortfalls!
How insulting towards Black Americans!

Illegal Aliens and the struggle for the civil rights of blacks are COMPLETELY seperate issues.. Black folks were brought to the States from Africa AGAINST their will and sold into slavery (in many cases by their own people), while Illegal Aliens CHOOSE to cross the border into the U.S. illegally each and every year.. by comparing the two, you are trivializing the historic struggles of Black Americans..

Even more insulting is when the plight of Illegal Aliens is compared with the Holocaust..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2009, 05:53 PM
 
777 posts, read 1,120,818 times
Reputation: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I believe the US and it's tax payers have the right to decide who works our fields and who doesn't not a bunch of people that can simply sneak across.
You make the decision to support illegal alien labor every time you purchase fresh produce or meat at the grocery store. The odds are pretty good that most of your grocery store purchases have been picked or processed by illegal aliens.

If you want to practice what you preach you would probably need to buy locally from farmer’s markets—directly from the farmer. Do you do that for all of your food needs? I didn’t think so. It would cost too much to practice what you preach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2009, 03:09 PM
 
411 posts, read 412,394 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
Top 5 Reasons Why I love Illegal Immigrants:

1) They do jobs I don't want to do.
2) Help make cities more vibrant.
3) I love Latin women.
4) They help divert attention from us African Americans.
5) I love Mexican and Central American food.

I would add; great family values and traditions, great dancers and basaball players, more recently basketball and football players, etc, best beer, rum , and tequila, etc.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2009, 03:21 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,912,932 times
Reputation: 2989
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
You make the decision to support illegal alien labor every time you purchase fresh produce or meat at the grocery store. The odds are pretty good that most of your grocery store purchases have been picked or processed by illegal aliens.

If you want to practice what you preach you would probably need to buy locally from farmer’s markets—directly from the farmer. Do you do that for all of your food needs? I didn’t think so. It would cost too much to practice what you preach.
"Support illegal labor"? Baloney..I support good, honest, LEGAL labor, which pays fair wages. I shop at Wal-Mart.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2009, 04:01 PM
 
Location: The Wine Country, CA
807 posts, read 1,141,634 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
"Support illegal labor"? Baloney..I support good, honest, LEGAL labor, which pays fair wages. I shop at Wal-Mart.....

I'd rather shop at Wal-Mart than many small businesses AS many small "community oriented" businesses hire NOTHING but Illegal Aliens.. At least at WAL-MART one may see a bit more diversity..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top