U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2009, 08:55 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
I would add; great family values and traditions, great dancers and basaball players, more recently basketball and football players, etc, best beer, rum , and tequila, etc.....
Those traits could be applied to most all ethnic groups and their cultures not just Mexicans. Also there are negative things within most cultures also. Why would someone mention illegals when speaking of cultural practices? Don't the legal ones have the same traits? What has status to do with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 09:02 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,035,044 times
There is no reason to 'love' illegal immigrants.

One can empathsize with them and their dillemma, but 'love' them? No.

Now, I do have utmost respect for legal immigrants who have actually filled out the paperwork, waited in the back of the line, and came here lawfully.

Old 11-07-2009, 10:31 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
I'd rather shop at Wal-Mart than many small businesses AS many small "community oriented" businesses hire NOTHING but Illegal Aliens.. At least at WAL-MART one may see a bit more diversity..
Not in Oklahoma where HR1804 is fairly well enforce....except for maybe in Tulsa.

The Walmart here in my town hire's Americans with disablities.

Sure , there illegals in OK, but there all in hidding.I haven't seen 1 illegal working any job, (including landscaping) since I've been here.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 11-07-2009 at 10:46 PM..

Old 11-07-2009, 10:52 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,658,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Not in Oklahoma where HR1804 is fairly well enforce....except for maybe in Tulsa.

Sure , there illegals in OK, but there all in hidding.I haven't seen 1 illegal working any job, (including landscaping) since I've been here.
Same where I live in Fl. Amazing how we get things done without a illegal work force.

Old 11-07-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Same where I live in Fl. Amazing how we get things done without a illegal work force.

Old 11-07-2009, 10:59 PM

22 posts, read 14,082 times
Quote:

Have you seen any Latinos working those jobs?

Old 11-07-2009, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by energizerrabbit View Post
Have you seen any Latinos working those jobs?
Legitimate Latinos yes...Why do you ask?
The topic here is about "Illegal immigrants" not Latinos, Hispanics or Mexicans.
So don't go trying to pull the race card.

Old 11-07-2009, 11:13 PM

22 posts, read 14,082 times
Quote:
Legitimate Latinos yes...Why do you ask?
The topic here is about "Illegal immigrants" not Latinos, Hispanics or Mexicans.
So don't go trying to pull the race card.
Well, I'm just saying. You're saying you havent see one illegal working those jobs. How did you come to that conclusion?

Old 11-08-2009, 09:34 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Well, I'm just saying. You're saying you havent see one illegal working those jobs. How did you come to that conclusion?
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess they were speaking English. That would filter about 90%. No one can be absolute but we can sure narrow the parameters. Legal workers can go to a temp agency, most Illegals can be seen loitering in parking lots. Sure you'll find a few Americans going this route but not the majority.

Or we can just play with the semantics of being 100% certain. We can always ask them and they would surely tell a stranger their status

Old 11-08-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
(one)...after living in So, California for 36 yrs. where illegals have taken over a good portion of the manual labor jobs and small businesses.and you hear just as much if not more spanish being spoken than Engish.
The difference is VERY noticable.

(two)....I've been a Small Engine Repair mechanic for 19 years and I had my own repair shop for most of those years in California. I repair landscape equipment. In California very few, if any, Lawn/Landscape services were run by english speaking US citizens and if the didn't have a green card.... I refused to repair their equipment.
In Oklahoma, 1/4-1/2 of our customers are Landscape services. There's been no need to ask to see a green card from any of them.

Does that satisfied your question? Or do you need more proof? Because I have it.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 11-08-2009 at 10:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or