Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2009, 12:17 PM

706 posts, read 940,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Because they live 30 to one three bedroom house...and 10 supports the other 20. Just a guess...
maybe because they already receive so many of the handouts already?
jmo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 12:23 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Wonder how many people have noticed.....

Many Hispanic persons looking for employment at Home Depot...construction sites etc

Many White persons standing at intersections (islands) with signs looking for a free handout (money).

Have never seen a Hispanic asking for a Free handout...wonder why?.
Are you trying to make a point here?

Old 11-08-2009, 12:36 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:

Many Hispanic persons looking for employment at Home Depot...construction sites etc

Many White persons standing at intersections (islands) with signs looking for a free handout (money).

They come here and give birth, and the taxpayers foot the bill for their prenatal, postnatal, WIC, welfare, and subsidized housing. They use our ERs without paying a dime. They receive tax-funded organ transplants. They attend our schools and receive a tax-funded K-12 education -- including ESL classes, and free breakfast/lunch. These are only a few of the “Free Handouts” they receive.

Old 11-08-2009, 12:43 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:

The white people standing on the side of the road with signs are beggars -- they are drug addicts and/or alcoholics. Many of them are mentally ill and due to the collapse of mental institutions back in the 1970s they are now homeless and unmedicated...well, lawful medication.

The guys standing at Home Depot are scabs. Thats it - they bring down the wages for blue collar workers and have certainly helped the decline of the working man/woman. Hardly something to brag about or attempt to elevate into saintliness.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:36 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:

Oh yes I have, as a matter of fact the majority of my Churches direct aid goes to Hispanics. I'm ok with donations, not with money being ripped out of my pocket.

BTW I see Hispanic poor as much as any other with the signs looking for money. There's one a block over from Convoy and CL mesa bl right now for whatever reason that would change anything.

Old 11-08-2009, 02:07 PM

807 posts, read 1,302,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Oh yes I have, as a matter of fact the majority of my Churches direct aid goes to Hispanics. I'm ok with donations, not with money being ripped out of my pocket.

BTW I see Hispanic poor as much as any other with the signs looking for money. There's one a block over from Convoy and CL mesa bl right now for whatever reason that would change anything.
Agreed.. and locally all one has to do is drive by the local Human Services agency or anywhere Government funded things are being handed out for free (WIC, etc...) and there is a LONG LONG line of Hispanic folks speaking Spanish..

That said, Citizenship status SHOULD be checked before ANYTHING is distributed to these folks and their anchor babies.. PERIOD!

Old 11-08-2009, 02:40 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times
My initial inference was in regards to those who are standing around places like Home Depot that are looking for a labor job of sort. They do not have their hands out for free money. It is Possible they are getting FREE clinic care and maybe other freebees...don't know.

Re San Diego area...seems that some white Americans are always standing on Palm Ave near I-5 fwy looking for a free handout (money). Meanwhile half a dozen hispanics are 1 block away looking for work. Have seen one individual at the other Home Depot on Palm Ave by 805 Fwy. He is working both stores at different days.

Have also seen a hispanic (talked to him) selling oranges next to a off/on ramp of I-5 fwy. He was trying to make a buck...not sure of the legality of his being there...still with NO hand out.

Just trying to get across that some are willing to work while others are just looking for some free cigs or beer money. Being and Alky or a Drugee is NO excuse in my book. NO one twisted their arm or forced them to indulge in any particular vice of their choosing.

When it comes to Drugs...I've had personal family problems in that respect.

My step daughter died at 24 from a overdose of drugs...no one twisted her arms...she did it on her own for that high feeling.

What does that have to do re iilegals...absolutly nothing.

As one person asked "my point"...I was refering to the off ramp people only and NOT about any other social services that may be involved...that again would be another thread.

Steve

Old 11-08-2009, 03:19 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
My initial inference was in regards to those who are standing around places like Home Depot that are looking for a labor job of sort. They do not have their hands out for free money. It is Possible they are getting FREE clinic care and maybe other freebees...don't know.

Re San Diego area...seems that some white Americans are always standing on Palm Ave near I-5 fwy looking for a free handout (money). Meanwhile half a dozen hispanics are 1 block away looking for work. Have seen one individual at the other Home Depot on Palm Ave by 805 Fwy. He is working both stores at different days.

Have also seen a hispanic (talked to him) selling oranges next to a off/on ramp of I-5 fwy. He was trying to make a buck...not sure of the legality of his being there...still with NO hand out.

Just trying to get across that some are willing to work while others are just looking for some free cigs or beer money. Being and Alky or a Drugee is NO excuse in my book. NO one twisted their arm or forced them to indulge in any particular vice of their choosing.

My step daughter died at 24 from a overdose of drugs...no one twisted her arms...she did it on her own for that high feeling.

As one person asked "my point"...I was refering to the off ramp people only and NOT about any other social services that may be involved...that again would be another thread.

Steve
With all due respect, it has as much to do with illegals then the homeless panhandling for money does.

The point I was making is that those that are panhandling are usually mentally ill or they are drug addicts or they are alcoholics and most likely they are some combination of the three. Thus the whole pandhandling schtick.

An illegal is an able bodied person coming into a country illegally and working for scab wages thus bringing entire industries to sub par wages. Jobs that used to be able to feed a family are no longer there. The wages have been driven down to the point of extinction by an illegal labor class who will and have under cut legal laborers out of the market. For every guy standing outside Home Depot willing to work for peanuts is an American standing in an unemployment line because he has been driven out of his field.

I'm sorry for your step daughter -- I also have family members who have p**sed away their lives on drugs. It is an ugly thing....

Old 11-08-2009, 03:21 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:

Steve
So your saying that because Citizen are asking for hand outs, it justifies what ever Illegals do in this country?

Old 11-08-2009, 05:24 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
So your saying that because Citizen are asking for hand outs, it justifies what ever Illegals do in this country?
Sure, that is the viewpoint of most pro-illegals. Another one they like to use is that if we as Americans ever had a speeding ticket that means we shouldn't be opposed to illegal immigration based on our laws because getting a speeding ticket also breaks the law. Unbelievable, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration