U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2009, 05:27 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Sure, that is the viewpoint of most pro-illegals. Another one they like to use is that if we as Americans ever had a speeding ticket that means we shouldn't be opposed to illegal immigration based on our laws because getting a speeding ticket also breaks the law. Unbelievable, isn't it?
If you ask me, it just show how ignorant some people can be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 06:48 PM

6,571 posts, read 17,958,369 times
Some do not see the meaning of "a hand out".

I was referring to those that are looking for a "buck" as the hand out...whereas the hispanic is NOT standing at a intersection looking for a free "buck". Sure they may be getting a "hand out" in regards to free medical at a clinic etc...don't really know for sure...only what I read in the newspaper.

Geeez...maybe I should draw a picture for those who do not read or understand words.

Maybe next time they see a person asking for some cigs or beer money...ask in Spanish if they are in need of a job or just a free buck.

Steve

Old 11-08-2009, 07:32 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,036,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Some do not see the meaning of "a hand out".

I was referring to those that are looking for a "buck" as the hand out...whereas the hispanic is NOT standing at a intersection looking for a free "buck". Sure they may be getting a "hand out" in regards to free medical at a clinic etc...don't really know for sure...only what I read in the newspaper.

Geeez...maybe I should draw a picture for those who do not read or understand words.

Maybe next time they see a person asking for some cigs or beer money...ask in Spanish if they are in need of a job or just a free buck.

Steve

I think the problem here is that you are having a problem realizing that an illegal immigrant is different then a mentally ill/addict. Or do you think they are the same? Way to lower the bar there, amigo...

At anyrate, the problem of illegal immigration is the sheer volume. When you have millions of people willing to work for peanuts that will adversely effect the blue collar worker -- who is now referred to as 'the working poor'. That is the problem. Do you still need me to draw a picture for you?

Old 11-08-2009, 07:54 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I think the problem here is that you are having a problem realizing that an illegal immigrant is different then a mentally ill/addict. Or do you think they are the same? Way to lower the bar there, amigo...

At anyrate, the problem of illegal immigration is the sheer volume. When you have millions of people willing to work for peanuts that will adversely effect the blue collar worker -- who is now referred to as 'the working poor'. That is the problem. Do you still need me to draw a picture for you?
Uh; Steve is not exactly pro illegal immigration.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Uh; Steve is not exactly pro illegal immigration.
AB, I understand that Steve isn't pro-illegal.. but the point here is: what illegal immigrants do -vs- what legal citizens do, is completely irrelevant.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:07 AM

257 posts, read 302,584 times
How do criminals who are running around illegally in this country make anything better? The only thing they need is the police, FBI, army and border patrol on their ass.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:02 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
AB, I understand that Steve isn't pro-illegal.. but the point here is: what illegal immigrants do -vs- what legal citizens do, is completely irrelevant.
Absolutely! Likewise, the inability to comprehend that a “free handout” need not be given on street corners to beggars. The mode and venue of distribution is irrelevant.

Furthermore, many of those “beggars” are veterans whom have fought for this country, and have earned the right to ask for a helping hand. It saddens me to hear citizens defending illegal aliens, while berating their fellow Americans experiencing hardships. Moreover, as camping mentioned, many of these poor souls are mentally ill, and have been dumped on the streets due to deinstitutionalization. It’s a national disgrace.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZKay1 View Post
How do criminals who are running around illegally in this country make anything better? The only thing they need is the police, FBI, army and border patrol on their ass.
When the law DOES try and do their job, their accused of profiling!... so it's a catch 22!

Old 11-10-2009, 02:24 PM

2,625 posts, read 10,052,456 times
Criminals ha!, i suppose we are bigger threats to america, than all the extremist in Michigan that hate America, or all the muslims, with all their inner hate and anti american sentiment. How many time have you heard, about a mexican/hispanic go on a shooting spree,.

Old 11-10-2009, 02:43 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Criminals ha!, i suppose we are bigger threats to america, than all the extremist in Michigan that hate America, or all the muslims, with all their inner hate and anti american sentiment. How many time have you heard, about a mexican/hispanic go on a shooting spree,.
Do drive by shootings count? seems like LA has more than a few happen there every year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or