U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2009, 06:20 PM

2,625 posts, read 10,066,638 times

Advertisements

At 25 dollars a week, a mexican living in mexico, would have to work 3 1/2 months to raise that 350.00, not taking into acc, that they have families to feed, IN OTHER words, theyre not welcoming anybody to come to america, their just making it harder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 06:29 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,172,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
At 25 dollars a week, a mexican living in mexico, would have to work 3 1/2 months to raise that 350.00, not taking into acc, that they have families to feed, IN OTHER words, theyre not welcoming anybody to come to america, their just making it harder.
I don't know the reasons for increasing the fees but I am sure they are valid and not because America wishes to no longer to be welcoming. Our quotas haven't been lowered to my knowledge.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:36 PM

6,572 posts, read 18,014,175 times
The $25.00 a week is WRONG....for a 6 hr work day maybe at some jobs.

My maid gets $15.00 for 4 hrs or $30.00 for 8 hrs. ( the going rate here)

The person who said the low week rate needs to visit Mexico for updated info before posting misinformation on C-D.

Do know what construction pay was at one point here in Baja but that has been affected by the slow economy in the US so may be lower with no work.

Do see a slowdown in spending by the locals at the weekend open mkt. This is related to me by a couple people I know who sell there...besides the foot traffic is way down...tell tale sign.

Many Mexicans travell across the border Legally into Calif to work during the week. Traffic has diminished quite a bit lately...a sign of the times.

Steve

Old 11-10-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
The person who said the low week rate needs to visit Mexico for updated info before posting misinformation on C-D.
Hello! i live in el paso, thats 5 min from juarez, i know the rates of the people that work over there, i have family over there! Im talkign about people that work in mexico, not that work in the u.s.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:56 PM

Just new I would get a rebuttal of some nature.

Look at my location and Profile. I was 3 yrs in Mexico City (mexican wife) and now in Baja 13 ys plus so do know what the wages are here (not starving wages by any means).

Your family must be making more then 200 Pesos a day (with all respect to educational background).

With what you quoted they would not be able to buy a Tamale or shop at Commercial Mexicana or Calimex.

Tortillas here are about 6 pesos at Calimex to 10 pesos at the Tortilla place.

Steve

Old 11-10-2009, 08:02 PM

Im talking about, mexican workers who work in the maquilas or are bus drivers,laborers, blue collar people, those are the ones that are trying to come to america to get more money to support their fams. Ofcourse doctors or educated mexican people make more and their not in any rush to leave Mexico, alot of these people have 2 or 3 houses over there.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:35 PM

You and I are obviously on a different educational background so will reply with courtesy.

Part of your last statement is a little wrong.

In Mexico City my friends consisted of a Abogados, Abogada, Dentist, DR Cardiologist who either lived in a two story house or in a Apt...nothing fancy.

Yes...some people do have a small vacation house...we had a small weekend place in Cuernavaca that was 20 ft by 20 ft square.

But do remember this...people are of their doing or undoing via the education they never tried to learn in school. No one can blame those who are educated and make more money then a majority of the population that try to make it across the border to make higher US wages that are paid according to the US economy. In addition to the higher wages the costs of goods/Rent etc are also higher.

I always remember a woman in DF thinking I was RICH being from Calif. with our big money etc untill I explained the costs of living in Calif that took all the money.

Like I said ...we are of a different social and economic background.

Buenas Suerte...Stefen

Old 11-10-2009, 08:50 PM

You and I are obviously on a different educational background so will reply with courtesy.

LOL OK! SORRY DR BAGU, im obviously out of my element, my deepest apologys go to you and your infinite knowlege and educational experience!

Old 11-10-2009, 09:02 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,923,670 times
Quote:
Yes they do, but they killing other gangmembers, america doesnt go on an uproar about that right! America could care less about one latino killing another latino! Look all the mass murderers in the last few years and none of them have been Latino/hispanic/illegals!
None the less they do in fact go on shooting sprees and often the victims are folks who are not gang members. Simply walking on the wrong side of the street at the wrong time.
Mass murder is not limited to the midnight stalker killing hookers. It would include gunning down a family in the effort to kill a rival.
Mass murder might include the drug deaths by over dose and tainted drugs. Drugs muled accross the border by illegals.
needless to say your argument that hispanics are all good guys is flawed. As we all know by prison stats they certainly hold their own when it comes to crime.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:10 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,923,670 times
Quote:
Funny thing is ever since the :influx: of illegals [mostly mexicans] in the last 10 years, the fee to take the citizenship test has gone up from 75.00$ to 350.00$ knowing that most mexicans in mexico make about 25 dollars a week! They made the citizenship test harder, theirs questions on there, that alot of gun ho americans couldn't answer!
ROFL first of all before they can take the test they need to be permanent residents for at least 3 years.
Second. many of these illegals pay a lot more than that to the coyotes.
Third. We don't owe anyone an easy free or cheap path to citizenship.
What we do need as a nation is to be very selective about who we allow to enter.
Criteria should be set and needs to be meet.
1. Do we have a need for those skills?
2. Do they bring something that we are in short supply of. Example Nurses.
3.Are they able to support themselves, set themselves up? Or do they pose a risk of being a burden?
4. If they do not meet these guide lines do they have a citizen willing to sponsor them? We need to limit how many any single citizen is allowed to sponsor.
5. We should limit what percentage come from any given country
6. Will an influx cause a hardship upon legal citizens. If so curtail it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or