U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2009, 07:57 PM

2,625 posts, read 10,051,215 times

Advertisements

its like the late eddie guerrero used to say, we lie! we cheat!! we steal!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 08:26 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
its like the late eddie guerrero used to say, we lie! we cheat!! we steal!
And Americans are slow to anger: once provoked--------------look out!

Old 11-17-2009, 09:09 AM

2,625 posts, read 10,051,215 times
very very slow

Old 11-17-2009, 10:05 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
very very slow
We took down Mexico (1848)
We took down Spain (1898).
We took down Germany twice (1918, 1945).

Don't antagonize us too much: we will bite back. Does Mexico want to lose more land? The reality is that PC is dying out quite rapidly.

Old 11-17-2009, 12:07 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
We took down Mexico (1848)
We took down Spain (1898).
We took down Germany twice (1918, 1945).

Don't antagonize us too much: we will bite back. Does Mexico want to lose more land? The reality is that PC is dying out quite rapidly.
AB, do you think there was any comprehention or comprende' on these facts?..

Old 08-18-2010, 03:11 PM

233 posts, read 389,752 times
Default Same here

Same here, the guy who does our small lawn and has been doing it for a few years now has seen his business falling off thanks to these people. They have followed him around and after he has finished his cutting have gone and knocked on the doors of those homes and undercut his prices by a few dollars and many of his customers have now dropped him. He charges us 45 bucks and when they came and knocked on our door they offered to do the job for 35, I sent them packing. Our guy does a fantastic job, is dependable and is an American citizen, born and raised in town, he is African American. Times are tough for us all right now but that extra 10 bucks isn't going to do much for us other than maybe get us a meal at Mickey D's, however it does keep an American working and that makes us feel great. When I got sick a few months ago his wife showed up at our door asking if there was anything she could help me with, I didn't even know the lady but he had told her I was under the weather and she went out of her way to offer to help me, thats what real people do. He stops and cleans trash off my lawn that seems to be getting thrown there since I refused their "lawn service" whenever he sees it while riding by, never charges me for that, just does it because he appreciates us sticking with him. As long as we can afford to have anyone cut the lawn it will be him, unless he decides to not cut anymore.

He likes cheap landscapers?

As for me, I'd rather give an American $50 than give an illegal $5.[/quote]

Old 08-18-2010, 03:15 PM

307 posts, read 326,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollies mom View Post
Same here, the guy who does our small lawn and has been doing it for a few years now has seen his business falling off thanks to these people. They have followed him around and after he has finished his cutting have gone and knocked on the doors of those homes and undercut his prices by a few dollars and many of his customers have now dropped him. He charges us 45 bucks and when they came and knocked on our door they offered to do the job for 35, I sent them packing. Our guy does a fantastic job, is dependable and is an American citizen, born and raised in town, he is African American. Times are tough for us all right now but that extra 10 bucks isn't going to do much for us other than maybe get us a meal at Mickey D's, however it does keep an American working and that makes us feel great. When I got sick a few months ago his wife showed up at our door asking if there was anything she could help me with, I didn't even know the lady but he had told her I was under the weather and she went out of her way to offer to help me, thats what real people do. He stops and cleans trash off my lawn that seems to be getting thrown there since I refused their "lawn service" whenever he sees it while riding by, never charges me for that, just does it because he appreciates us sticking with him. As long as we can afford to have anyone cut the lawn it will be him, unless he decides to not cut anymore.
If only there were more Americans like you.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:57 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,016,557 times
woooow...............2007..................

Can some one explain or am I just imagining that two and three year old, hashed to death threads are coming to the fore front.

is this a diversion .............reintroducing old issues to take our minds away from the current status of the illegal migration...................

Am I just loosing my mind,,,,,,,,,,,,not that that is a bad idea........

Old 08-18-2010, 04:17 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times
I think sometimes the poster is reading some other forum thread and at the bottom up pops a "related" thread - and they read and post without even looking to see if it's relevant to 3 years later (or whatever time frame).

I really wish CD would institute archived threads, they'd still be accessible but not able to accept new postings.

Old 08-03-2018, 10:45 AM

1,909 posts, read 1,888,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Excuse me while I barf.

They do the jobs you don't want to do? I am so sick of hearing that they do the jobs that we Americans don't want to do! That's not true. Since when do Americans not want to do construction jobs??? Landscaping jobs??? Give me a break. They take jobs that Americans most certainly WOULD do, it's just that they do them for below minimum wage and the cheap owner of the company chooses to go that route.

The truth is that Americans will do ANY job if the pay is right. When construction paid good, landscaping paid good - Americans did the work. These immigrants brought wages down!!!

They help make citizens more vibrant??? What city is that? The city I lived in that was filled with them was not vibrant because of them. Instead they spread around their mess with gangs, graffitti, etc.

They help divert attention from AA's? What on earth does that mean? They are making things worse for you guys. They are helping to keep wages low. And from what I've seen, the blacks and hispanics fight each other!!!

You can love latin women all you want but that doesn't have anything to do with illegals directly. You can love LEGAL latin women.

And their food? I love mexican food as well. No doubt! But when I walk into the restaurants that I love their food at it's usually white people working there and cooking and serving it up. It doesn't take a mexican to make a taco anymore than it takes an American to make a hot dog!

I noticed you didn't mention picking strawberries or working the fields, I have never seen a white guy working the strawberry fields alongside us Mexicans!! And as a youth I picked strawberries, my mom made me so that I know that never want to work in the fields again. It worked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or