U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2007, 03:10 PM

6,739 posts, read 8,539,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
It's far easier to attack individuals than to address the root causes of why illegals risk their lives to reach a land where they not only have to live on less than minimum wage (and pay taxes too) but have to face the racism as displayed by far too many on this forum
Their not paying taxes if they're getting paid off the books.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2007, 03:44 PM

83 posts, read 304,556 times
Default What happened to the Indians?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
Illegal immigration undermines sovereignty and legal rights of citizens!

Please tell me one time in history where illegal immigration benefitted a nation, tribe or people?!

Just ask the "indians" about whether that statement is true.
What happened to the Indians?
I don't think many people helped the Indians, do you?
But this is probably another thread...another day.

Old 02-03-2007, 04:01 PM

2,218 posts, read 4,885,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellyg View Post
Sorry about people's comments here. Not everyone feels this way about the Irish. Besides there a drunks in any race. Who the heck cares about race anymore. So sick of people thinking that their race is better. I can't even beleive how folks think anymore. I thought this was a thing of the past, but it keeps comeing up.
No harm no foul.

It was all a bit of fun!

I'm not offended in the least.

Old 02-03-2007, 04:05 PM

2,218 posts, read 4,885,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
I was thinking that folks were kidding. I was. When my mixed-race grand daughter was born I said that she should call me grammy because I was her cracker granny- I think that poking fun- but not in a mean way- sometimes makes people see how foolish stereotypes are.

This thread was started in good humor and I will be the first to poke fun at myself and my family's multiple heritages. I guess it all boils down to the intent of the person making the statement.

But that is sensitive of you to have written that. We need more of that, too- being sensitive to others' feelings.
Oh I was kidding!

It's all good!

I don't really care if people stereotype me. If they do, they do, there isn't really any point at getting mad. I'm more mad that my insurance keeps going up every summer, than people calling me names.

Old 02-03-2007, 07:00 PM

178 posts, read 680,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
WOW! Where to start...

Illegal aliens who have taxes and social security taken from their wages will not be the recipients of tax refunds or social security benefits, will they? Where is your anger at the Americans who are hiring all of these people?

A criminal mindset?! I'd be a criminal, too, if it meant the difference in feeding my family or not.

I don't support illegal aliens, but think we should lean on American employers and Mexico as much or more than the individuals coming here.

ALL people from other countries are legal?

I have to go back and reread this thread- I AM Irish, so maybe I am not understanding....

Exactly!! It's the American's fault if you want to put blame on someone. If American's
didn't hire them they wouldn't be coming here.... risking their lives to
work those jobs. As consumers it would be interesting to see if all the people against illegal aliens
would pay more when buying their products and services from American's who didn't use aliens verses
the the lower prices that were offered by American's who did. Kind of like buying American cars verses
import. My guess is a lot of the people complaining would chose the cheaper product. If you feel so
strongly maybe you should start picketing the American's who hire them instead of blaming the illegals
for just trying to work jobs.

Old 02-03-2007, 07:33 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,708,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by la quinta family View Post
Exactly!! It's the American's fault if you want to put blame on someone. If American's
didn't hire them they wouldn't be coming here.... risking their lives to
work those jobs. As consumers it would be interesting to see if all the people against illegal aliens
would pay more when buying their products and services from American's who didn't use aliens verses
the the lower prices that were offered by American's who did. Kind of like buying American cars verses
import. My guess is a lot of the people complaining would chose the cheaper product. If you feel so
strongly maybe you should start picketing the American's who hire them instead of blaming the illegals
for just trying to work jobs.
If THE reason they come here is to 'work jobs', then why is it so many of them have anchor babies as soon as they get here?

Old 02-03-2007, 07:40 PM

178 posts, read 680,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Their not paying taxes if they're getting paid off the books.
Then I guess they won't be retiring and taking their social security money
to mexico

Old 02-03-2007, 08:13 PM

1,393 posts, read 869,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by la quinta family View Post
Then I guess they won't be retiring and taking their social security money
to mexico
No, they will probably have babies them selves and living on welfare!!!

Old 02-03-2007, 08:21 PM

1,701 posts, read 5,846,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;333199
No, they will probably have babies them selves and living on welfare!!!
Well, if you had knowledge of their culture, you would realize welfare is looked poorly upon.

Old 02-03-2007, 08:53 PM

1,393 posts, read 869,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Well, if you had knowledge of their culture, you would realize welfare is looked poorly upon.
So, is there another reason they stand in line with food stamps is this for someone else? It's written in Spanish at the Health and Welfare "Need Food Stamps ask us How" and I don't think it's in Spanish for any other culture to read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or