Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2007, 01:02 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times

Advertisements

I think we just came up with a new thread!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2007, 01:04 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,467,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;331816
There cost of living in Mexico were they plan to retire is not like our cost of living and they are using more resources then, we can supply when they come my the millions. We need regulations and time in between where U.S. doesn't take immigrants.
They still are paid way less than the average American, regardless of taxes and social security benefits. I'm glad you can forecast where they will retire, how do you know they retire in Mexico?! They will have less in their retirement accounts regardless of possible retirement in Mexico. BTW, Mexico isn't cheap, I know someone who was born there and yes they are legal. Next time you complain about illegal immigrants not paying taxes or receiving social security, just remember your bank account is far fatter than theirs.

Old 02-03-2007, 01:06 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,395,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
I think we just came up with a new thread!!!
Oh, I wouldn't worry too much. I bet someones post will get quoted. Then a flame war will start up.

Old 02-03-2007, 01:53 PM

83 posts, read 326,224 times
Default Immigrants are only latins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Excuse me while I barf.

They do the jobs you don't want to do? I am so sick of hearing that they do the jobs that we Americans don't want to do! That's not true. Since when do Americans not want to do construction jobs??? Landscaping jobs??? Give me a break. They take jobs that Americans most certainly WOULD do, it's just that they do them for below minimum wage and the cheap owner of the company chooses to go that route.

The truth is that Americans will do ANY job if the pay is right. When construction paid good, landscaping paid good - Americans did the work. These immigrants brought wages down!!!

They help make citizens more vibrant??? What city is that? The city I lived in that was filled with them was not vibrant because of them. Instead they spread around their mess with gangs, graffitti, etc.

They help divert attention from AA's? What on earth does that mean? They are making things worse for you guys. They are helping to keep wages low. And from what I've seen, the blacks and hispanics fight each other!!!

You can love latin women all you want but that doesn't have anything to do with illegals directly. You can love LEGAL latin women.

And their food? I love mexican food as well. No doubt! But when I walk into the restaurants that I love their food at it's usually white people working there and cooking and serving it up. It doesn't take a mexican to make a taco anymore than it takes an American to make a hot dog!
You just said that they work for minimum wages, but you also stated that in the Mexican restaurants there is usually white people working there. So does that mean that the Mexican owners pay white people better?

Also, you said Immigrants are helping to keep the wages low? Who are the owners of these business? White Americans?

And than you said the hispanics and blacks are fighting each other? Not in this part of town.

Did you know that immigrants are not just of latin descent.
OMG it's so funny how someone starts a thread and no one can see the positive in anything anymore.

With the opportunities that us white americans have for a better education from the start, why would we choose to serve tables for $10.00 when we can make $50.00 an hour? There is still more whites than latins or african americans. The immigrants can not take over, not latins, Iraq, Chinese, Germans, Russians whatever. You did mention all white hockey games (from your prior post) and this world of white people only......

Don't worry, us whites as long as we get an education and go to collage we do not have to worry about the immigrants taking the carpentry, landscape job, etc.... Bottom line, the immigrants who are into gangs and graffitti are no worse than the KKK who burn crosses and hate all that are not like them.

I repsect your opinion, as everyone has an opinion.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:01 PM

Default I am Really Sorry That People Do Not Grow Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroquoispliskin View Post
I disgrace my Irish blood! I don't drink that much... Actually at all!

Oh wait I mean...

Oh my goodness! Did everyone see how I just got stereotyped? Thinking all Irish persons get drunk! I am so offended!

:P I know what sarcasm is too.
Sorry about people's comments here. Not everyone feels this way about the Irish. Besides there a drunks in any race. Who the heck cares about race anymore. So sick of people thinking that their race is better. I can't even beleive how folks think anymore. I thought this was a thing of the past, but it keeps comeing up.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:12 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
American money goes a looooooooong way in Mexico spent some time there, so they send theri money back home, that is where they plan to retire, they have NO interest of staying here even with their low wages, saving it up for retirement there will benefit them greatly. I have asked many workers what their plans are, they have NO problem telling me they are here for the money and will retire well in Mexico. yes I understand some spanish.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:13 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellyg View Post
Sorry about people's comments here. Not everyone feels this way about the Irish. Besides there a drunks in any race. Who the heck cares about race anymore. So sick of people thinking that their race is better. I can't even beleive how folks think anymore. I thought this was a thing of the past, but it keeps comeing up.
I am 1/2 Irish and 1/2 german, best of the drinkers!!!!!!!!!!! And it is very hard for me to get drunk! benefit of both backgrounds?!!

Old 02-03-2007, 02:17 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellyg View Post
I was thinking that folks were kidding. I was. When my mixed-race grand daughter was born I said that she should call me grammy because I was her cracker granny- I think that poking fun- but not in a mean way- sometimes makes people see how foolish stereotypes are.

This thread was started in good humor and I will be the first to poke fun at myself and my family's multiple heritages. I guess it all boils down to the intent of the person making the statement.

But that is sensitive of you to have written that. We need more of that, too- being sensitive to others' feelings.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
I was thinking that folks were kidding. I was. When my mixed-race grand daughter was born I said that she should call me grammy because I was her cracker granny- I think that poking fun- but not in a mean way- sometimes makes people see how foolish stereotypes are.

This thread was started in good humor and I will be the first to poke fun at myself and my family's multiple heritages. I guess it all boils down to the intent of the person making the statement.

But that is sensitive of you to have written that. We need more of that, too- being sensitive to others' feelings.
I thought the original post was cute . But then you see the hate come out of people...OMG it's scary to know that there are more out there like them..

We need more people like you too grammy

Old 02-03-2007, 02:51 PM

569 posts, read 1,229,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroquoispliskin View Post
Well now spank my butt and call me Charlie.....
OMG Now you're bringing in the gay Vietnamese community into this thread!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration