Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2007, 09:14 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanleaholvera View Post
* They do what need to to do to support their family as well. What would you do is your family was starving? Would you walk across a desert? Of course you would. My husband is from the mountains next to Mexico City. His father worked in a factory, he rode his bicycle 10 miles one way to get there. His mother worked in a store. They had bed bugs like crazy in their house. They used a bucket to bathe in. No one was a drug addict or an alcoholic. No one was in a gang. It's also hard to fight back when the police are the predators. An illegal immigrant making $7.50 an hour here and sending maybe half of it back would not be rich in Mexico, trust me. Most illegal immigrants pay their own bills. Some take the medical card for their children. I have no problem with that. Who am I to deny a *child* the right to be healthy. I have a problem with *anyone* using the system. Trust me, far more Americans use it than illegal immigrants. *

I am so tired of people, most likely Christians getting bent out of shape about illegal immigrants. Why do most people lump all illegal immigrants into one group? Most people will not admit it, but they're racist. Plain and simple. My husband asked me the other day why America, the greatest country in the world could have a problem that is so primitive. I did not have an answer for him. I do know that no one seems to complain about the billion of dollars in Social Security surplus we have or the children of illegal immigrants that die fighting in Iraq. Or the inexpensive fruits and vegetables or housing that is available because of the hard work of immigrants. Or of the *hundreds* of people that die trying to cross the border each year. Or the children in shelters on boarder towns because their parents paid a coyote to send them first and the parents never made it across. No, most of us will do nothing. We've all become cold on the inside. We don't like to be bothered with the pain the goes on in the world. As long as it doesn't affect our family, we'll be fine. One thing we are quick to offer is our opinions. Our biased, racist opinions. Many of use have never taken the time to get to know an immigrant. We believe whatever we see on television. Or we see latino gangs or violence and think they're all the same. If we made that comment about black people, would we not be called racist? Why is it any different with latinos? We have truly forgotten to be grateful for what we have. We've become spoiled children that scream "Mine!" when we're told we should share.

You really need to go back and read all my posts before you question me. We already lost everything, and no wouldnt crosss the border illegally to let another countries people feed my children. Most coming across are not starving, they just want more. We deal with illegals everyday here with our work, and frankly we are sick of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2007, 09:18 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,159,885 times
I don't think fruits or veggies are inexpensive. I went to the store yesterday and wow, ridiculus prices for such items.

I'm sick of it as well. Enough is enough.

I don't think Americans are spoiled as you stated. People are getting fed up. How can you blame us? I mean it's been posted over and over, that many of us cannot afford health care - these folks get it free.

Who's forcing them to cross the borders? I'm not. I can't help their "dying" to cross over. There are legal steps they can take, but they refuse. They just want to invade and get everything handed to them on a silver platter.

Old 02-18-2007, 11:44 AM

1,082 posts, read 3,779,140 times
I love them because my DH is an Immigration Officer, if it was not for them having total disregard for our laws and our boarders, he would not have a job.

MBG

Old 02-18-2007, 01:30 PM

989 posts, read 5,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightbirdgirl View Post
I love them because my DH is an Immigration Officer, if it was not for them having total disregard for our laws and our boarders, he would not have a job.

MBG
Tell him thanks and let him know that we appreciate him. He is a hero to all U.S. citizens.

Old 02-18-2007, 01:38 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,779,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post
Tell him thanks and let him know that we appreciate him. He is a hero to all U.S. citizens.
I will gladly let him know...THANK YOU!!! Immigration Officers get so much hate, it is insane!!
MBG

Old 02-19-2007, 05:51 AM

39 posts, read 74,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
I don't think fruits or veggies are inexpensive. I went to the store yesterday and wow, ridiculus prices for such items.

I'm sick of it as well. Enough is enough.

I don't think Americans are spoiled as you stated. People are getting fed up. How can you blame us? I mean it's been posted over and over, that many of us cannot afford health care - these folks get it free.

Who's forcing them to cross the borders? I'm not. I can't help their "dying" to cross over. ****There are legal steps they can take, but they refuse. They just want to invade and get everything handed to them on a silver platter.****
There are several fruits that are expensive due to Hurricane Katrina. "These folks get it for free" ????? Are you referring to every illegal immigrant? Or just the ones who abuse the system?

The legal steps? Do you have any idea how difficuly and expensive it is to get a visa if you're not sponsored by a company?? The H2B visa currently allows about 66,000 foreign workers into the US for 10 months. These workers come from all over the world. There's also some serious discussion about doing away with it.

You comment about having everything handed to them on a silver platter is not even worth a reply. It frankly makes me sick to my stomach.

Old 02-19-2007, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
Have you seen the websites that have the latino gangs and how they want to wipe out the white people and hate the gringos, some of the writings around some cities implying the take back of Mexico. The Mexican gang population as grow greatly since Mexican immigrants have come in.
People are worried about the KKK but, ANYTIME they have a rally it's all over the news and the numbers of KKK are not near the size and numbers of Asian & Latino gangs so the worries of the KKK are blown out of prespective.
You're right, there's a big problem with Latino gangs. Alot of those Latinos ar citizens, BTW.

I'm not worried about the KKK. I'm only drawing a comparison between some of the KKK's ideas and soem of the comment posted here. Some of the people here ( not all ) need to take a very hard look at themselves when they say they're not racist/

Old 02-19-2007, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightbirdgirl View Post
I will gladly let him know...THANK YOU!!! Immigration Officers get so much hate, it is insane!!
MBG
Some of them are also paid off my the illegal immigrants.

Old 02-19-2007, 09:31 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,465,842 times
Susan,

You make perfect sense in regards to personal experience. Once you are able to meet a few illegal or legal immigrants, your heart sees their desperation.

Old 02-19-2007, 09:34 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Susan,

You make perfect sense in regards to personal experience. Once you are able to meet a few illegal or legal immigrants, your heart sees their desperation.
Yet you completely discount those with their own not so nice personal experiences with them, why is that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration