Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2007, 06:52 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,666,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
A fact of little importance, resulting in bias view points and ignorant thinking depending on how the user has used the statement.
Of little importance, I was stating the case, but I guess I shouldnt talk about the person that shot an officer in case they were of another ethnic background other than white, that might be construde as racist. Give me a brake, I said it was reported they were hispanic, sorry but that is important, it is part of the case. And of all that you are worried about how people would view hispanics even though all were not involved, only 6? Gee I was more concerned for the fallen police officers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2007, 09:59 AM

5 posts, read 7,276 times
Why must we answer this so "PC"? The Illegal immigrants came here illegally. What isn't crystal clear in that statement? The notion that we americans will not do the work is ridiculous! No, we will not do the work for minimum wage when we were paid 2 and 3 times that just a few years back. The employers hiring illegals and paying under the table or occasionally minimum wage is outrageous. I live in Illinois! I am no where near either border, yet, a city near me is running rampant with illegal mexican people. I am not immigration, so No,I have not checked them all for I.D. But I can figure out they can't be legal when they have 12+people living in a home. They are notorious for not having insurance, so if they hit your vehicle, they drive away. If by chance you do get the police there, nothing happens. In Illinois, there are 2 (TWO) immigration officers for the whole state! So calling in INS is not feasible. Its amazing that they broke into the country and we, as Americans, are going to sit and wring our hands stating hmm, what do we do? I wish there was a solution, hmm. Here's the solution, send them Back!! If they want to come back, do it LEGALLY!!!

Old 02-20-2007, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaIllinois60096 View Post
Why must we answer this so "PC"? The Illegal immigrants came here illegally. What isn't crystal clear in that statement? The notion that we americans will not do the work is ridiculous! No, we will not do the work for minimum wage when we were paid 2 and 3 times that just a few years back. The employers hiring illegals and paying under the table or occasionally minimum wage is outrageous. I live in Illinois! I am no where near either border, yet, a city near me is running rampant with illegal mexican people. I am not immigration, so No,I have not checked them all for I.D. But I can figure out they can't be legal when they have 12+people living in a home. They are notorious for not having insurance, so if they hit your vehicle, they drive away. If by chance you do get the police there, nothing happens. In Illinois, there are 2 (TWO) immigration officers for the whole state! So calling in INS is not feasible. Its amazing that they broke into the country and we, as Americans, are going to sit and wring our hands stating hmm, what do we do? I wish there was a solution, hmm. Here's the solution, send them Back!! If they want to come back, do it LEGALLY!!!

Alot of people here feel we should give them what they want because they were poor. Well they are not poor now, I see them with wads of cash and trucks and clothes and jewlery, if they insist that they be here then they need to pay up like the rest of this. Always being PC is putting a halt to freedom of speech thats for sure.

Old 02-20-2007, 10:20 AM

I agree 100% with you, Nea1! With the building of the nafta super highway, trying to stop the flooding of them will be similar to putting a bandaid on Niagara Falls. It will not stop it, it will only make it easier for them. I read that you are in Az and to an extent I would expect your area to be overloaded with illegals, seeing your proximity to the border. I'm 1300+miles from the tex/mex area but you surely can't tell it. With 2 INS agents, there is absolutely no way that the illegals will be raided from employments, apartments or anywhere else.
Lisa

Old 02-20-2007, 10:35 AM

Quote:
I agree 100% with you, Nea1! With the building of the nafta super highway, trying to stop the flooding of them will be similar to putting a bandaid on Niagara Falls. It will not stop it, it will only make it easier for them. I read that you are in Az and to an extent I would expect your area to be overloaded with illegals, seeing your proximity to the border. I'm 1300+miles from the tex/mex area but you surely can't tell it. With 2 INS agents, there is absolutely no way that the illegals will be raided from employments, apartments or anywhere else.
Lisa
Yep I am in PHX AZ!!!! 3000 illegals cross the bordera day into AZ. Fun huh? I talk to people that have been here 30 years adn they say they dont even recognize it anymore, and the crime is really bad as well as the schools. Too bad too. It is pretty country. I remember watching the marches the illegals had, I couldnt believe how many were in Illinois!!!

Old 02-20-2007, 11:13 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,466,186 times
Quote:
I agree 100% with you, Nea1! With the building of the nafta super highway, trying to stop the flooding of them will be similar to putting a bandaid on Niagara Falls.
If you don't understand how the highway works and how illegal immigration will not be worse from it, you may just be from Clueless Falls.

Old 02-20-2007, 11:15 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,466,186 times
Quote:
Why must we answer this so "PC"?
Your a little late to the table, but that's ok. If you are not politically correct, your intelligence level is low and your ignorance level is high.

Old 02-20-2007, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Your a little late to the table, but that's ok. If you are not politically correct, your intelligence level is low and your ignorance level is high.
I cannot be polite when answering this so someone else will have too.

Old 02-20-2007, 11:20 AM

When the march went on in May, many of the employees of restaurants went and marched. Locally 3 restuarants closed for the day as most of the workers were undocumented, illegals. Between Illinois and Milwaukee Wisconsin, These 2 areas alone had many marching. It was unbelievable. I have no problem paying my fair share for anything. I do not depend on the government for a thing, either. I do refuse to provide and support any of the businesses who lost business and had to close for the day. They should have taken another day and explained work ethics, You don't show up,you have lost your employment! They want jobs, but when it's convienient. Imagine that. Break in illegally and then demand how to be treated. Gotta love it!

Old 02-20-2007, 11:27 AM

Had you taken notice, I stated I agree 100% with you Nea1. Now how the letters transposed themselves from Nea1 into Dusesean is odd. As for my being politically correct, seeing that your from CA says enough! I refuse to have the open arms idea for people who broke the law getting into the country then expect "rights" that are not for Illegals. What exactly do you not understand about the word ILLEGAL???? Maybe your used to it and are OK with the idea of turning the country over to undesirables who intend to change everything about it that makes it great. I hope that idea stays in the land of fruits n nuts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration