U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 10:42 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I lost two within the last year in Iraq. When I see that flag upside down, well I can't even write what I would like to do to the vermin hoisting it or they would ban me.
Please accept my condolences. It saddens me that there are so-called "Americans" who have no regard for the sacrifices of our brave men and women in our military. That "piece of cloth" represents those sacrifices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 10:50 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Please accept my condolences. It saddens me that there are so-called "Americans" who have no regard for the sacrifices of our brave men and women in our military. That "piece of cloth" represents those sacrifices.

Seeing it upside down is the same to me as seeing those videos of people burning and stomping on it.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:55 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I was never in the service but; I have tremendous respect for our men and women in our Armed Forces

RIP Benicar's, Kele's, and everyone else's relatives who did not 'come back to the world'.
Thank you AZ. The world is a better place because of America's veterans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I lost two within the last year in Iraq. When I see that flag upside down, well I can't even write what I would like to do to the vermin hoisting it or they would ban me.
My heart goes out to you. My condolences on your loss.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:22 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,693,104 times
Quote:
True. They are in the U.S. ONLY for the freebies; and anchors are indoctrinated to love Mexico and hate America. Anyone born after 1986 to an illegal alien should not be considered a U.S. citizen. It’s bad enough we are forced to accept anchors born prior to the “final” amnesty.
---------------

"and anchors are indoctrinated to love (Latin America) and hate America"

That is my biggest problem with this place (Doral in South Florida) sick and tired of hearing how bad USA is and how great some sewer we fled from is.
Not to mention fleeing corrupt sewer's only to than want the same corrupt sewer politician's in power here.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:26 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
---------------

That is my biggest problem with this place (Doral in South Florida) sick and tired of hearing how bad USA is and how great some sewer we fled from is.
Not to mention fleeing corrupt sewer's only to than want the same corrupt sewer politician's in power here.
I can only imagine what you are going through. There are still a few places in the US where you can escape the madness. This may sound like any oxymoron but as the economy tanks and the majority of them leave or are deported, things will get better. Hang in there.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I can only imagine what you are going through. There are still a few places in the US where you can escape the madness. This may sound like any oxymoron but as the economy tanks and the majority of them leave or are deported, things will get better. Hang in there.

South Florida won't change the ultimate objective was reached which is corrupt Hispanic politician's running it.

I am heading back to PA in year or 2 anyway .

People here are fiercly loyal to ethnicity and most want to unify Latin America with South Florida build giant bridges if they could lol.

I came legally from Cuba decades ago am 29 .
There is a scene in the movie "Shaka Zulu" when the British officer did not want to return to UK he was British but had in reality become a Zulu after living with them for so long.

Actually that is what happened in real life .

I am a PA'er lol and didn't belong here . Great place to vacation but not live.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:43 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
South Florida won't change the ultimate objective was reached which is corrupt Hispanic politician's running it.

I am heading back to PA in year or 2 anyway .

People here are fiercly loyal to ethnicity and most want to unify Latin America with South Florida build giant bridges if they could lol.

I came legally from Cuba decades ago am 29 .
There is a scene in the movie "Shaka Zulu" when the British officer did not want to return to UK he was British but had in reality become a Zulu after living with them for so long.

Actually that is what happened in real life .

I am a PA'er lol and didn't belong here . Great place to vacation but not live.
Good for you. I know exactly what you mean. I know I could never live in an area where the majority of the population has a treasonous, ungrateful attitude towards the US.

O/T, when I was a child one of my grandma's closest friends and coworkers was a handome Cuban man named Paul. I was 4 years old but I had a major crush on him. We often attended baseball games at Wrigley field and his nickname for me was Ms. Cub. All these years later I still think of him and miss him dearly.

Life is too short to be miserable. Good luck with your relocation!

Old 09-01-2008, 05:48 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
---------------

It's pathological. They come here according to the mantra to "seek a better life." Yet, they feel nothing but disdain for this country and the legal citizens.

Their sense of entitlement prevents them from feeling any appreciation for the freebies and opportunities this country provides. They certainly couldn't receive this treatment from any other country. All they do is whine, and make more demands.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:55 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Quote:
You can understand how a “veteran” would feel; yet, you ridicule the feelings of other Americans who are offended by the desecration of our flag, and tell us to “get over it.” I’m afraid I don’t quite understand your logic.

I may not be a veteran, but I have family members who fought and died in wars protecting this country. I have a 79 y/o uncle who has suffered for over 50 years due to being severely injured by a hand grenade while fighting in Korea. My great-uncle is one of the few surviving Tuskegee Airmen who courageously fought during WWII. Ever heard of them? I lost two cousins in the Vietnam War. In addition, my dad also served this country in the Korean War. I think I have every right to be outraged. Even if I had no veteran family members, as an American, I would still have every right to consider it an affront to disrespect our flag. Sorry it has such little meaning to you.

As long as my posts are deemed “civil” by the Mods on this forum, I really don’t care what you think. You certainly have no problem dishing it out, but you whine like a hungry baby when you receive it.
You guys arent alone in having relatives that fought and served for this country. Your family's experiences dont outweight my family's experience, and your opinion definitely doesnt outweight mine.
As much as you call me an illegal, my family has contributed much to this country as well.

And its actually yourself who is whining.
I dont know why you always have to whip out the "I dont care what you think about me!" response every time.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:55 PM

Quote:
It's pathological. They come here according to the mantra to "seek a better life." Yet, they feel nothing but disdain for this country and the legal citizens.

Their sense of entitlement prevents them from feeling any appreciation for the freebies and opportunities this country provides. They certainly couldn't receive this treatment from any other country. All they do is whine, and make more demands.
---------------------
"All they do is whine, and make more demands"

and I can't think of a single Hispanic politician who doesn't agree with them . Which is a fright.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or