U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-01-2008, 06:13 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
You guys arent alone in having relatives that fought and served for this country. Your family's experiences dont outweight my family's experience, and your opinion definitely doesnt outweight mine.
As much as you call me an illegal, my family has contributed much to this country as well.

And its actually yourself who is whining.
I dont know why you always have to whip out the "I dont care what you think about me!" response every time.
When have I EVER stated that my family's contributions outweigh yours or anyone else? I merely mentioned a few examples of my family’s military contributions. I have a brother, grandfather, other cousins, and uncles who also served in our military. Did I mention anything about them? No!

When have I EVER stated that my opinion is Gospel, and your opinion is irrelevant? If anything, I have always commented that we are ALL entitled to our opinion.

Furthermore, my comment "I don't care what you think," was in response to your comment in which you told me in no uncertain terms that my opinion of you means absolutely nothing. My comment was merely a "likewise" response. Again, don't dish it out, if you can't take it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-01-2008, 06:18 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
When have I EVER stated that my family's contributions outweigh yours or anyone else? I merely mentioned a few examples of my family’s military contributions. I have a brother, grandfather, other cousins, and uncles who also served in our military. Did I mention anything about them? No!

When have I EVER stated that my opinion is Gospel, and your opinion is irrelevant? If anything, I have always commented that we are ALL entitled to our opinion.

Furthermore, my comment "I don't care what you think," was in response to your comment in which you told me in no uncertain terms that my opinion of you means absolutely nothing. My comment was merely a "likewise" response. Again, don't dish it out, if you can't take it.
You are forever on the defensive, Benicar. Its not even funny anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2008, 06:28 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
You are forever on the defensive, Benicar. Its not even funny anymore.
Incredible, that's all I can say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2008, 09:19 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
---------------

"and anchors are indoctrinated to love (Latin America) and hate America"


That is my biggest problem with this place (Doral in South Florida) sick and tired of hearing how bad USA is and how great some sewer we fled from is.
Not to mention fleeing corrupt sewer's only to than want the same corrupt sewer politician's in power here.
I once worked with a German woman who would constantly go on and on about how much greater things were back in Germany, how much smarter they were there, better schools and hospitals, but you'd ask her why she didn't move back and she'd just say because her kids wouldn't go -- I guess they didn't see it being so much greater.

One time an Irish woman was bragging how beautiful it was in Ireland, how much nicer the people, what a better way of living, and I asked her why she didn't go back and she said she needed the Medicaid and Medicare here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2008, 09:21 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I once worked with a German woman who would constantly go on and on about how much greater things were back in Germany, how much smarter they were there, better schools and hospitals, but you'd ask her why she didn't move back and she'd just say because her kids wouldn't go -- I guess they didn't see it being so much greater.

One time an Irish woman was bragging how beautiful it was in Ireland, how much nicer the people, what a better way of living, and I asked her why she didn't go back and she said she needed the Medicaid and Medicare here.
You must spend all day going around asking immigrants why they don't go back to their country of origin. Must be a long day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2008, 09:46 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
You must spend all day going around asking immigrants why they don't go back to their country of origin. Must be a long day.

Nope, too many immigrants around here, only when they start yammering on how great the country they left is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2008, 10:50 PM
 
1,417 posts, read 851,725 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Nope, too many immigrants around here, only when they start yammering on how great the country they left is.
Which brings us to a good point. One, the family usually does not want to leave their host country and are forced into coming. Therefore leading a life of misery. Most of the illegals coming here for money-- thats understandable. Which is why a good guest worker program is all the necessary. These people come to the U.S, do their time, and go back home with their families. There is just so many positives including: The money they came here to start with, they don't neglect their small children back in their home country, they will be kept track of e.t.c
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2008, 10:44 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Which brings us to a good point. One, the family usually does not want to leave their host country and are forced into coming. Therefore leading a life of misery. Most of the illegals coming here for money-- thats understandable. Which is why a good guest worker program is all the necessary. These people come to the U.S, do their time, and go back home with their families. There is just so many positives including: The money they came here to start with, they don't neglect their small children back in their home country, they will be kept track of e.t.c
Does love for their country preclude showing respect for the country that has provided them a livelihood unattainable in their country of origin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2008, 02:20 PM
 
1,417 posts, read 851,725 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Does love for their country preclude showing respect for the country that has provided them a livelihood unattainable in their country of origin?
This statement can be used towards any immigrant from any country regardless if they are legal or illegal. If someone asked me "Why did you leave, don't you love your country" I would take that as an offense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2008, 02:30 PM
 
Location: Oxygen Ln. AZ
9,321 posts, read 16,133,484 times
Reputation: 5685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Does love for their country preclude showing respect for the country that has provided them a livelihood unattainable in their country of origin?
I think I would be far more understanding of the plight of illegals if they did show more respect. We do not want to fly the Mexican flag here, nor do we wish to adopt all their culture, just the good food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top