U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 01:10 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, and believe me, the racism is rampant. It's the height of hypocrisy for them to accuse others of racism, given their utter disdain for blacks in general. I had paid for my items in a 7-11 and the Mexican clerk gave me the wrong change. I politely mentioned that I had been shorted my change. The clerk refused to resolve the issue and insisted he had given me the correct amount. I told him I was not leaving the store without my money, and he had the audacity to say, "We don't want your kind in our store."

It took all of my strength not to take my purse and hit him in his head. I demanded to speak with the manager. The manager made him reconcile his drawer, and the error was confirmed. A couple of guys (white) waiting in line asked me if I wanted them to "take care of him." Of course, I declined.

My brother, who understands Spanish, was in McDonald's one day when a couple of Mexicans got in line and proceeded to talk about all of the "N's" working and waiting in line. My brother ignored it as long as he could, and then confronted the guys. When the other black guys in line realized what the two Mexicans had said, one of the guys punched one of them in his face, and quickly left the restaurant. The Mexican guy called the police, but no one in McDonald's would substantiate his story; not even the employees (Americans). Consequently, there was nothing the police could do.

I'm not implying that ALL Mexicans dislike blacks, but clearly they are in no position to cry racism.
Interesting how 'race relation' fault lines are shifting as we speak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 01:20 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,657,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Further proof that the line of BS about them doing the jobs Americans won't do is just that.
Good post, as usual, JDubsMom.

Any group of unskilled workers, regardless of color or location, should benefit from the elimination of the Illegals.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:24 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Interesting how 'race relation' fault lines are shifting as we speak.
Absolutely! If anything positive can be attributed to this illegal invasion, it is the mending of fences between black and white. We must all fight this together as Americans. Of course, the diehard racists will never change.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:38 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
Quote:
Absolutely! If anything positive can be attributed to this illegal invasion, it is the mending of fences between black and white. We must all fight this together as Americans. Of course, the diehard racists will never change.
I agree with both Benicar and AzBear-absolutely.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:43 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Ditto all of the above...well, three of you at least!

Old 09-01-2008, 01:56 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,658,155 times
Prior to mass illegal immigration from sob relations between Hispanics, whites, and AF's were very good. The animosity is getting ugly.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Prior to mass illegal immigration from sob relations between Hispanics, whites, and AF's were very good. The animosity is getting ugly.
Yes, it's unfortunate that legal Hispanics have to suffer because of illegal aliens. Every legal Hispanic I know is soooooo upset with illegals.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:56 PM

638 posts, read 1,637,959 times
Quote:
Yes, it's unfortunate that legal Hispanics have to suffer because of illegal aliens. Every legal Hispanic I know is soooooo upset with illegals.
I want to change my opinion about Hispanics, but I don't hear them speaking out against illegal aliens, so as much as I want to believe you, that comment is hearsay. Can they shout louder? If they exist, they are being drowned out by the Hispanics waiving Mexican flags.

Thanks.

Old 09-01-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
I want to change my opinion about Hispanics, but I don't hear them speaking out against illegal aliens, so as much as I want to believe you, that comment is hearsay. Can they shout louder? If they exist, they are being drowned out by the Hispanics waiving Mexican flags.

Thanks.
Unfortunately, pro-illegal organizations such as La Raza have very deep pockets, and are quite vocal. The legal Hispanics opposing illegal immigration are sadly the silent majority. There are anti-illegal Hispanic groups, such as "You Don't Speak for Me" who are drowned out by the ethnocentric La Raza types. Unlike La Raza, they aren’t being funded by major corporations and our taxes.

Old 09-01-2008, 03:13 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post

Thanks.
Actually the MSM would rather not cover them. There are many Americans of hispanic descent and legal immigrants who are hispanic who are against the illegal invasion. I personally know some myself. There are others that I know via phone and internet through my activism. Just like the MSM seldom covers black Americans against illegal aliens either. How often are black Americans who are against the illegal invasion covered in the MSM? When was the last time Ted Hayes was covered on ABC,CBS, etc? Never-you need to go to YouTube, blogs, etc. There are plenty of Americans of all colors against this invasion.

My point is-and this is my my opinion-the MSM choses to show mostly whites against illegals because it helps the pro-illegals by feeding into their argument that if you are for enforcing our borders then you must be a racist. The MSM for the most part panders to ethnocentric open border groups. Gosh a lot of times the MSM won't even report stories about illegals or even call them illegals.

And as Benicar stated-it comes down to $$. LaRaza and other groups have much deeper pockets than "You Don't Speak for Me". LaRaza also gets millions of dollars of US taxpayer money.

Please don't make this about race or color. There are Americans and legal immigrants of all colors who are against this invasion. Some of the most devoted activists that I personally have met are black and hispanic.

If we are going to make this about race and accuse one group of people about not stepping up to the plate-just remember-two of the biggest traitors to this country-John McCain and Ted Kennedy-are white guys who introduced an amnesty bill. Lindsey Grahm is the one who called anyone who wanted our borders enforced bigots. These white guys are traitors and do nothing as American's quality of life is diminished by people who have no right to be here.

Last edited by nicolem; 09-01-2008 at 03:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or