U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 03:16 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Actually the MSM would rather not cover them. There are many Americans of hispanic descent and legal immigrants who are hispanic who are against the illegal invasion. I personally know some myself. There are others that I know via phone and internet through my activism. Just like the MSM seldom covers black Americans against illegal aliens either. How often are black Americans who are against the illegal invasion covered in the MSM? When was the last time Ted Hayes was covered on ABC,CBS, etc? Never-you need to go to YouTube, blogs, etc. There are plenty of Americans of all colors against this invasion.

My point is-and this is my my opinion-the MSM choses to show mostly whites against illegals because it helps the pro-illegals by feeding into their argument that if you are for enforcing our borders then you must be a racist. Gosh a lot of times the MSM won't even report stories about illegals or even call them illegals.

Please don't make this about race or color. There are Americans and legal immigrants of all colors who are against this invasion. Some of the most devoted activists that I personally have met are black and hispanic.

If we are going to make this about race and accuse one group of people about not stepping up to the plate-just remember-two of the biggest traitors to this country-John McCain and Ted Kennedy-are white guys who introduced an amnesty bill.
Very well stated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 03:23 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,690,528 times
Quote:
Actually the MSM would rather not cover them. There are many Americans of hispanic descent and legal immigrants who are hispanic who are against the illegal invasion. I personally know some myself. There are others that I know via phone and internet through my activism. Just like the MSM seldom covers black Americans against illegal aliens either. How often are black Americans who are against the illegal invasion covered in the MSM? When was the last time Ted Hayes was covered on ABC,CBS, etc? Never-you need to go to YouTube, blogs, etc. There are plenty of Americans of all colors against this invasion.

My point is-and this is my my opinion-the MSM choses to show mostly whites against illegals because it helps the pro-illegals by feeding into their argument that if you are for enforcing our borders then you must be a racist. The MSM for the most part panders to ethnocentric open border groups. Gosh a lot of times the MSM won't even report stories about illegals or even call them illegals.

And as Benicar stated-it comes down to $$. LaRaza and other groups have much deeper pockets than "You Don't Speak for Me". LaRaza also gets millions of dollars of US taxpayer money.

Please don't make this about race or color. There are Americans and legal immigrants of all colors who are against this invasion. Some of the most devoted activists that I personally have met are black and hispanic.

If we are going to make this about race and accuse one group of people about not stepping up to the plate-just remember-two of the biggest traitors to this country-John McCain and Ted Kennedy-are white guys who introduced an amnesty bill. Lindsey Grahm is the one who called anyone who wanted our borders enforced bigots. These white guys are traitors and do nothing as American's quality of life is diminished by people who have no right to be here.
A truly excellent post.

Wish I could rep you....

Old 09-01-2008, 03:32 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,173,371 times
Thanks Benicar and Kele.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:39 PM

638 posts, read 1,638,378 times
Quote:
I'm not arguing. They exist. I know they are drowned out, disorganized, and definitely out-financed like the rest of us. This person brought it into a discussion of race :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, it's unfortunate that legal Hispanics have to suffer because of illegal aliens. Every legal Hispanic I know is soooooo upset with illegals.
It's no insult to call that hearsay. I have to take that person's word for it without proof, just like they have to take my word for it that I've only counted 17 Hispanics in one year who are against illegal aliens, which includes some posters on this forum, the website "they don't speak for me", a few references to Minutemen who are Hispanic, and 2 face-to-face.

All I'm saying is they need to shout louder . . y'know, Horton hears a Who. I'm an ordinary and average person like everybody else, and for all I know, Hispanics are racists and hate me because I'm not Hispanic. For all I know, regardless of whether it's a violent or a bloodless coup, Hispanics want to overthrow my country.

Hispanics against illegal aliens? They have a minority voice amongst their own race. That's not hearsay. But it is a current fact (or perception) which can be changed.

Last edited by r601020; 09-01-2008 at 04:58 PM..

Old 09-01-2008, 07:54 PM

5,612 posts, read 13,241,951 times
I have spoken to Hispanic who feel that the illegals make their life more difficult because people don't know the difference. As a Black woman living in LA, I have experienced deep racism against me by Hispanics. I'll be 40 this month and I have never experienced racism from a white person, it's always from Hispanics. Not every Hispanic I meet is like that, but everytime I experience racism, the person is Hispanic.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:26 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
I have spoken to Hispanic who feel that the illegals make their life more difficult because people don't know the difference. As a Black woman living in LA, I have experienced deep racism against me by Hispanics. I'll be 40 this month and I have never experienced racism from a white person, it's always from Hispanics. Not every Hispanic I meet is like that, but everytime I experience racism, the person is Hispanic.
One thing to consider is that the 'tipping point' has been reached with the 'Uptown Blacks' vs. the 'ignorant' ones-----------and the former are growing in power and influence vs. the others dropping off one by one.

The best analogy would be the Irish of another era........that was brought to my attention by Thomas Sowell, the sociologist in several of his books.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:48 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,668,910 times
Quote:

My point is-and this is my my opinion-the MSM choses to show mostly whites against illegals because it helps the pro-illegals by feeding into their argument that if you are for enforcing our borders then you must be a racist. The MSM for the most part panders to ethnocentric open border groups. Gosh a lot of times the MSM won't even report stories about illegals or even call them illegals.

And as Benicar stated-it comes down to $$. LaRaza and other groups have much deeper pockets than "You Don't Speak for Me". LaRaza also gets millions of dollars of US taxpayer money.

If we are going to make this about race and accuse one group of people about not stepping up to the plate-just remember-two of the biggest traitors to this country-John McCain and Ted Kennedy-are white guys who introduced an amnesty bill. Lindsey Grahm is the one who called anyone who wanted our borders enforced bigots. These white guys are traitors and do nothing as American's quality of life is diminished by people who have no right to be here.
Beautifully stated, Nicolem!

Old 09-01-2008, 10:59 PM

1,417 posts, read 852,550 times
I don't understand the color issue being played in this article. I mean would they really say "White workers cheer factory immigration raid?" Probably not. Except the media keeps making this a race issue. Just like the presidential campaign.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:07 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,996,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
I don't understand the color issue being played in this article. I mean would they really say "White workers cheer factory immigration raid?" Probably not. Except the media keeps making this a race issue. Just like the presidential campaign.
If they said something like "white workers cheer factory immigration raid", it might make them look racist.

but saying "black workers cheer factory immigration raid" shows that they are clearly NOT racist.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:51 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,016,842 times
How about they just reported a story about an ICE raid and the secondary story was the Black workers cheering the action of THEIR federal government.

NOthing wrong with the BLACK Americans cheering on THEIR Federal Government because God know the Feds didn't exactly step up to the plate early on for the Black American...........

Bravo, hip....hip hooray.........cheers and kudos.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or