Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 10:38 AM

570 posts, read 1,583,298 times

Advertisements

Most immigrants arrive from third world countries without the ability to
speak English, without job skills and without an education. All of them
arrive without jobs.
The ones that arrive illegally cost American taxpayers, according to the
National Research Center's economist and financial analyst Edwin
Rubenstein, $346 billion annually, year in and year out.

*Source: The Social Contract Press - a quarterly journal on population, environment, public issues, international migration, immigration, language and assimilation

Obama's Plan :

"You Need to Make Sure that Your Child Can Speak Spanish"

WASHINGTON, Jul 09, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE)
-- At a town hall meeting in Georgia this morning, presumptive
Democratic Presidential nominee Barack Obama told an audience that, "you
need to make sure that your child can speak Spanish." Speaking in Powder
Springs, Ga., the Illinois Senator said that the nation's chief priority
should not be for immigrants to learn English, but for American children
to learn Spanish.

read more...

Obama Tells Audience, "You Need to Make Sure that Your Child Can Speak Spanish" - MarketWatch

To take action:

NumbersUSA

Article Source: News With Views
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 10:44 AM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
That could come in handy if I ever decide to go to Tijuana.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:29 PM

570 posts, read 1,583,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That could come in handy if I ever decide to go to Tijuana.
Tijuana is a dirty and unhealthy place allot like Los Angeles. A good place too stay away from.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:34 PM

3 posts, read 6,581 times
Obama needs to shut the hell up.
-- At a town hall meeting in Georgia this morning, presumptive
Democratic Presidential nominee Barack Obama told an audience that, "you
need to make sure that your child can speak Spanish."

Old 09-01-2008, 02:50 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
It's no secret that everything is made so convenient for them in this country and so they think they don't need to learn English.

Press 1 for English, 2 for Espanol - comes to mind every time I call any government office, phone company, credit card company, city government office or just about anywhere in the USA.

They have television networks with commericals in Spanish, they have programs on English stations that broadcast SAP in Spanish.

But tell me this... do they broadcast in SAP in English on their networks? Hell no.

This is what really gets me angry.

We are too complacent in this country and are giving away the entire farm.

I was in Miami airport on Saturday and even the bank ATM machine in the airport was from Banco Popular.

Just disgusting.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:21 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
It's no secret that everything is made so convenient for them in this country and so they think they don't need to learn English.

Press 1 for English, 2 for Espanol - comes to mind every time I call any government office, phone company, credit card company, city government office or just about anywhere in the USA.

They have television networks with commericals in Spanish, they have programs on English stations that broadcast SAP in Spanish.

But tell me this... do they broadcast in SAP in English on their networks? Hell no.

This is what really gets me angry.

We are too complacent in this country and are giving away the entire farm.

I was in Miami airport on Saturday and even the bank ATM machine in the airport was from Banco Popular.

Just disgusting.
-----------

We shouldn't have Hispanic tv? Do we need to ask you what we are allowed to watch?

Now if you want to say signs, voting card's,etc should not be in Spanish and you must learn English than I agree.

However AGAIN it's politician's who have made it easy to live here without learning English.

Hispanic politician's ESP have vested interest in folks not learning English thus blind loyalty to Hispanic politicians.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:24 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,686,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adysmom View Post
Most immigrants arrive from third world countries without the ability to
speak English,

.. you need to visit graduate schools here. Most LEGAL immigrants from China, India etc are probably more educated than many of the bashers of legal immigration in some forums. I am not for illegal immigration -regardless of their English-speaking capacity.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
.. you need to visit graduate schools here. Most LEGAL immigrants from China, India etc are probably more educated than many of the bashers of legal immigration in some forums. I am not for illegal immigration -regardless of their English-speaking capacity.
------------

I agree but there is a huge difference . The Chinese -East Indian come here on school-work Visa's legally. As you noted.

They do try to assimilitate -learn English ,etc .

Legal mean's they had a background check we know who they are ,etc BIG BIG difference.

Having lived in South Florida 2 yrs I must say even the legal immigration has now become a huge scam.
You can buy a residency that allows you to start a business and live here.
Most are simply empty vacant offices with a person who answers phone while the business is located over-seas.

Thus another scam among the endless in South Florida approved by the political Cosa Nostra here and imagine same all over the USA.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:39 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,408,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
-----------

We shouldn't have Hispanic tv? Do we need to ask you what we are allowed to watch?

Now if you want to say signs, voting card's,etc should not be in Spanish and you must learn English than I agree.

However AGAIN it's politician's who have made it easy to live here without learning English.

Hispanic politician's ESP have vested interest in folks not learning English thus blind loyalty to Hispanic politicians.
Luiso, for the first time I have to respectfully disagree with you re: hispanic TV channels.

I have cable and my package dictates that my monthly bill is predicated on the number of channels that I have. The first year I had one spanish channel. Fast forward to my second year I am now subsidizing the cost of 4 spanish channels.

That being said, I know I could cancel the service in protest, but why should I be forced to endure or make the change in lieu of paying for/subsidizing the children and ignorance of those in this country illegally?

It's not only the demands and presence of illegal aliens, it's also the perpetual hispandering of our government and the corporate masters. If they want to pander to illegal aliens and those who prefer everything in spanish fine, but make them pay the full price for their preferences and pleasures.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Luiso, for the first time I have to respectfully disagree with you re: hispanic TV channels.

I have cable and my package dictates that my monthly bill is predicated on the number of channels that I have. The first year I had one spanish channel. Fast forward to my second year I am now subsidizing the cost of 4 spanish channels.

That being said, I know I could cancel the service in protest, but why should I be forced to endure or make the change in lieu of paying for/subsidizing the children and ignorance of those in this country illegally?

It's not only the demands and presence of illegal aliens, it's also the perpetual hispandering of our government and the corporate masters. If they want to pander to illegal aliens and those who prefer everything in spanish fine, but make them pay the full price for their preferences and pleasures.
-----------
My cable Hispanic channels don't add to the bill I rarely watch it as not interested in "Chupacabra" and pro illegal news which they ALL are.
I am in South Florida which is still USA ONLY because it hangs on to the rest of USA .

In my case 6 Hispanic ch don't add to the bill .
I agree Hispanic media does NOT want Hispanics to learn English as now a huge market is lost.

I can't fathom a bilingual Hispanic watching the cheap hooter type shows that look like put on in High School but in my case it doesnt add to the bill.

It does in your case I see your point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration