U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 12:19 AM

54 posts, read 36,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcrules1 View Post
" please vote in november. obama 08."

Yeah, sure. Nothing like voting for a man who believes in partial birth abortion(murder) and who attended a racist church for 20 years that preached hate towards America and white people. He also claimed this racist man was his spiritual leader/adviser?

I'm not crazy about McCain either but no way in hell would I vote for Obama.

You couldn't have said it better. I'm not a McCain fanatic but he def gets my vote...and I'm a democrat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 07:09 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by npjohnso View Post
You have to feel sorry for the lady, but...This may be hard to take, but using a fraudulant government document, i.e. someone else's Social Security card is a federal violation. The hospital would have been violating law if they did not contact the authorities...If you don't like the law you'll need to change it!

Actually-I feel no such thing. I feel sorry for Americans whose identities are stolen by illegals. I feel sorry for Americans in construction and other industries whose wages have decreased over the years due to illegal labor. I feel sorry for the 12+ Americans who are killed everyday by illegal aliens-all preventable deaths. I feel sorry for American children whose education suffers because we are stuck teaching illegal aliens in their own languages. The list goes on and on.

I do not feel sorry for lawbreakers who took actions that they new were illegal. I feel sorry for Americans whose lives have been affected by criminals who have no right to be here.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:04 AM

3,325 posts, read 4,693,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southern living View Post
just for the record, obama and mccain both support "amnesty" bills and both pandered to "la rasa" which advocates for open borders.

the problem goes beyond that. even in texas we have amnesty cities, and dallas is one i believe. Garland even built (with tax payer money?) a day labor center, which is used by illegals as a place to get hired.

this problem is not going anywhere anytime soon. as a matter of fact, i believe it will get worse before it gets better...if it ever does
-----------
"this problem is not going anywhere anytime soon. as a matter of fact, i believe it will get worse before it gets better...if it ever does"

I agree . Mexico is pumping in people but so is rest of Latin America via through South Florida .

South Floridas politcal Cosa Nostra is very good at keeping it quite the Hispanic run media here is just as good .

Old 09-03-2008, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Actually-I feel no such thing. I feel sorry for Americans whose identities are stolen by illegals. I feel sorry for Americans in construction and other industries whose wages have decreased over the years due to illegal labor. I feel sorry for the 12+ Americans who are killed everyday by illegal aliens-all preventable deaths. I feel sorry for American children whose education suffers because we are stuck teaching illegal aliens in their own languages. The list goes on and on.

I do not feel sorry for lawbreakers who took actions that they new were illegal. I feel sorry for Americans whose lives have been affected by criminals who have no right to be here.
WOW! I don't think you could have said it ANY better. I feel the exact same way. It's the harsh reality of it all. My fiance is in the construction field and started off at $19.61/hr and usually averaged 50 hours a week. Now, they are allowing illegals to work there under fake SS cards and he is lucky if he gets 20 hours a week...extremely lucky. It's unfortunate because we are trying to pay our way thru college and economy is hard...and the illegals and immigrants just make it even harder. Did I tell you how much more inspiring it is to go into the grocery store with our few dollars in cash, in our hand, and stand behind a large family of fresh immigrants who are using the WIC checks and food stamps? Pretty awesome huh?

Old 09-03-2008, 11:25 AM

16,092 posts, read 35,779,846 times
I also feel sorry for people who have bought tract homes built illegally by unskilled illegal labor. Those homes will start falling apart before long...

Old 09-03-2008, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I also feel sorry for people who have bought tract homes built illegally by unskilled illegal labor. Those homes will start falling apart before long...

How are we supposed to know if it is illegally built or not ? Let me know so I NEVER support these illegals idiots.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:54 PM

1,417 posts, read 851,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post

A lot of homes around these new communities in CA were possibly built by illegals. Believe me, if these houses were falling apart we would have heard about it already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or