Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 06:39 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,675,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainPharmD View Post
Nice point. I wonder if the same people who are complaining about this hospital would care if their house burned down and no one called the fire department because they weren't "required to". Illegal aliens have become the cause celeb in the United States. It is time we take a stand......Immigrate to this country legally the same way almost all of our grandparents and great grandparents did or get deported back to where you came from.
Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 06:43 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
the facts are
the woman has no legal right to BE in the US--much less work in it
I don't care who you vote for but at this point in time the law of the US says that if you don't have a legal right to BE here you can't work here--and you are supposed to be deported...
the hospital did what a company is supposed to do if it becomes aware that employees or applicants are here illegally...
I just wonder how many other people working there have better forgeries...

if the city of Garland used taxpayers' money to build a site for ILLEGAL workers to gather then I think the INS should know where to pick them up--think of it as building a better mouse trap--
but if it is a site for ITENERENT DAY LABOR and some people are legal and some people are not--then that is a different situation...

and folks please stay on topic--this is not a political forum for your presidential pros or cons...
there is a forum on city date for those posts...

Old 09-01-2008, 06:43 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,212,329 times
All this could have been avoided if they try to get here legally. I have no remorse for those people especially when they have fake ID's and take our jobs away. Good riddance and STAY OUT!!!

Old 09-01-2008, 06:55 PM

625 posts, read 1,956,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainPharmD View Post
Nice point. I wonder if the same people who are complaining about this hospital would care if their house burned down and no one called the fire department because they weren't "required to". Illegal aliens have become the cause celeb in the United States. It is time we take a stand......Immigrate to this country legally the same way almost all of our grandparents and great grandparents did or get deported back to where you came from.
Immigration was a lot easier for your grandparents and great grandparents. Most of them just hopped on a boat and came. Do you think they filled out mountains of H-1 paperwork or had a company sponsoring them?

Old 09-01-2008, 07:10 PM

6,819 posts, read 14,032,189 times
I really don't have a problem with what the hospital did. A law was broken and they should report. I have never blamed illegal immigration on the illegals. For the most part they are just people looking for a better life themselves. I do blame the government for not doing a single thing to stop it. I always get a laugh out of the "let's make some new law folks" because we won't even enforce the laws we have. This country will never take illegal immigration because it is cheap labor and we are not about to cut that off. There are many hard to fix issues in this country but illegal immigration is not one of them. Cutoff the jobs and they will simply go back home pure and simple.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:54 PM

625 posts, read 1,956,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I really don't have a problem with what the hospital did. A law was broken and they should report. I have never blamed illegal immigration on the illegals. For the most part they are just people looking for a better life themselves. I do blame the government for not doing a single thing to stop it. I always get a laugh out of the "let's make some new law folks" because we won't even enforce the laws we have. This country will never take illegal immigration because it is cheap labor and we are not about to cut that off. There are many hard to fix issues in this country but illegal immigration is not one of them. Cutoff the jobs and they will simply go back home pure and simple.
If you really wanted to stop illegal immigration, then we would punish the companies that hire illegal immigrants more severely.

Right now, all someone has to do is show a fake SS card, and they get a job. There needs to be a better system in place where employers can check if their employees are legal. If they're presented with an SS card, note down the info, file report with some database. Database checks to see if employee is legal. If employee is not legal, do not hire. If employee is legal, hire. If it turns out employee somehow was illegal and the system did not catch it, don't hate on the employer. If employer willfully bypasses the system, fine the corporation $250,000 per incident.

OR

We can make immigration a lot easier. If we make immigration a lot easier, immigrants can come in, register, and pay taxes. Thus they'll be contributing to the government pool of money that serves them. They can also be paid minimum wages, rather than "$30 for all the lawns you mow today". Wages increase to normal levels and all of this "they're taking our jobs!" nonsense will stop.

BUT

methinks that we like our $20 lawn care services too much for this to happen.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:38 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,159,147 times
Hopping on a boat is not quite what the Irish had to endure coming across the Atlantic - also Ellis Island was not such an easy place to get a pass on in to the country. 12 million from south of the border in a decade or less. 12 million Irish over 100 years.

You can't buy a fake SS card at Wal-Mart but you can around the corner. Look for the macadero making a "C" signal with his hand.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:56 AM

5,476 posts, read 12,244,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unexpected View Post
Immigration was a lot easier for your grandparents and great grandparents. Most of them just hopped on a boat and came. Do you think they filled out mountains of H-1 paperwork or had a company sponsoring them?
So because it's harder to immigrate that entitles people to break the law of the land? I mean really? You know what? Immigrating and becoming a citizen of this country SHOULD be hard. If where someone is coming from is so horrible and they want a better life for themselves, then they'll do the required work to become a legal, productive citizen. It's no different from screening applicants for a job. Just because you want one does NOT mean you're entitled to it. You have to prove your worth. It should be no different in coming to the US. But what message are we sending? Break the law and come on in. This only conditions the entitled behavior we see. Scads and scads of protesting ILLEGAL ALIENS taking to the streets? Heck...INS should have been waiting right there with the buses.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:49 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:
She did use a counterfeit social security on her application to Trinity Medical Center, but her relatives and supporters wonder whether the hospital overreacted by calling the police.

She thinks calling the police was "overreacting"? How is it any different than trying to pass off a conterfiet $100 bill, or trying to buy something with a stolen Credit card? Wouldnt you call the cops if anyone did that to you?

Old 09-02-2008, 11:57 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unexpected View Post
Easy? They needed to prove they had a job, could care for themselves and would not be a burden on society. They needed to undergo health exams and were not allowed to leave Ellis Island if they weren't healthy. They infact did need a sponsor as well-someone who vowed that they would be responsible for them. Once they made it through that-they were on their own-no welfare, food stamps, etnocentric groups who get millions in tax payer dollars to fight for them. And afterall that-allowing all those people to come here-we had a time out on immigration because it was what was best for our country.

As cobolt said-coming here legally should be difficult-very difficult. Am I supposed to feel bad that someone has to fill out mountains and mountains of paperwork to come here? Sorry-I don''t feel bad about that. I do however feel bad that illegal aliens come here the wrong way and in fact take the easy way out compared to legal immigrants. We don't have to let anyone in. However we legally allow more people to come here than any other country in the world. If you are going to come here at least be willing to do what it takes and not complain. No one has a right to come here-legally or illegally. However legal immigrants are are allowed to come and that is a privlege. All the more reason that many of us are angry over this illegal invasion. Legal immigrants do it the right way-sacrifice time and $$ to play by the rules.

To me the easiest thing to do is hop over the border. More than likely you won't get deported due to our lax government. Ethnocentric and other anti-American groups will fight for you-in many cases with taxpayer $$. You will get some sort of public assistance and more if you have an anchor baby. Illegal aliens have it much easier than legal immigrants of yesterday or today-not to mention they are breaking the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration