U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 08:59 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times

Advertisements

Surveillance video and witness statements indicate officers struck victim
updated 6:11 a.m. ET, Tues., Sept. 2, 2008

CABO SAN LUCAS, Mexico - Six Mexican officers have been placed under house arrest on suspicion of homicide after an American man died while in police custody in the resort city of San Jose del Cabo, a prosecutor said Monday.

Baja California Sur state deputy prosecutor Omar Barajas said the officers were placed under house arrest Sunday while authorities investigate whether they played a role in the death. He identified the victim as a 38-year-old man from Oregon, but the U.S. Embassy could not confirm his name or hometown.

The man was arrested Wednesday after he was involved in a fight at an apartment complex and died in jail hours later, Barajas said.

A medical examiner recorded minor bruises on the man's face at the time of his arrest, but more were found on his body after his death, the prosecutor said.

Barajas said the police officers gave contradictory statements about the man's incarceration. One confessed to kicking him in the face. Others said the victim hit his face on the ground when they pushed him to the floor to subdue him.

Surveillance video and witness statements indicate that officers struck the victim, Barajas said.
U.S. man dies in Mexico jail - Americas - MSNBC.com

I'd say that a declaration of war against this cesspool is long past due.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:04 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,138,805 times
We arrest them in the US and treat them like they are going into a daycare center. We patch them up in the hospital, at our expense, only send them home when they are fully recovered or we have a destination hospital in Mexico that will take them. I am tired of being such a good neighbor. I think it is time to take back our homeland folks. We can start by writing and flooding our representitives with emails and phone calls. Sign up with ALPAC, they will send you faxes to send.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:42 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,072,228 times
what does this have to do with immigration?

US citizens are held in prisons through out the world. havent you seen Locked up Abroad?

maybe you should join the HRC, and make sure all prisoners thru out the world are treated fairly. if it is important enough to make a thread of.

or is it that you just really really hate mexico?

hummmm???????????

Old 09-02-2008, 06:27 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
what does this have to do with immigration?

US citizens are held in prisons through out the world. havent you seen Locked up Abroad?

maybe you should join the HRC, and make sure all prisoners thru out the world are treated fairly. if it is important enough to make a thread of.

or is it that you just really really hate mexico?

hummmm???????????
You want to know the TRUTH?? I'm getting to where I REALLY, REALLY HATE MEXICO!!!

Old 09-02-2008, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
We arrest them in the US and treat them like they are going into a daycare center. We patch them up in the hospital, at our expense, only send them home when they are fully recovered or we have a destination hospital in Mexico that will take them. I am tired of being such a good neighbor. I think it is time to take back our homeland folks. We can start by writing and flooding our representitives with emails and phone calls. Sign up with ALPAC, they will send you faxes to send.
Agreed. The more I read, the more I think a declaration of war is the best way to rid ourselves of this burden once and for all.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
You want to know the TRUTH?? I'm getting to where I REALLY, REALLY HATE MEXICO!!!
I posted the same thing yesterday. I'm meeting more and more people every day who feel the same way.

They do have a way of inspiring hatred don't they?

Old 09-02-2008, 07:19 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I posted the same thing yesterday. I'm meeting more and more people every day who feel the same way.

They do have a way of inspiring hatred don't they?
Abso-frickin-lutely!!!

Old 09-02-2008, 07:36 PM

10,479 posts, read 13,510,023 times
No hatred here, the guy died in a mexican prison. How many people die in prisons here I wonder?

Old 09-02-2008, 07:52 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
As much as I can't stand Mexico's double standard, I'd have to have more information.
What kind of American was this? One of those "duals" who was back in his other country but tries to use the "dual" to have the best of both and avoid consequences by becoming American as needed?

Or was he one of those stupid Americans who doesn't realize that Mexico is a whole different country with it's own laws? Was he there making drug deals? A pedophile? Not all Americans are innocent, and I'd have to know what he was doing over there in the first place.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Abso-frickin-lutely!!!
That word alone deserves a rep!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or