U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 08:29 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,900,571 times

Advertisements

Deep pockets theory at work. Guilt, fault, and responsibility are not a factor. The only factor is who ever is being sued do they have lots of insurance, lots of money? Then they can afford to pay. Unfortunately american jurists are blinded by this concept.
Lady who sued mcDonalds because she burned her crotch with hot coffee and won???? The fact that she placed a hot cup of coffee between her thighs was not relevent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 09:00 PM

630 posts, read 977,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
An illegal immigrant who was struck and severely injured by a U.S. Border Patrol vehicle that also hit and killed his daughter is suing the government.

Lawyers for Juan Cruz Torralva accuse Border Patrol agent Gregorio Garcia of driving recklessly on the night of March 5, 2006, when he ran over Cruz and his 12-year-old daughter, Lourdes Cruz Morales, in the desert near Dateland, Ariz.

Cruz and his daughter were on the final leg of a three-day trek across the border when they were hit. According to the suit filed last month in U.S. District Court in Tucson, Garcia was driving across the desert after another group of illegal immigrants at such a high rate of speed that he could not control his pickup or avoid hitting Cruz and his daughter.

The patrol has said previously that Garcia never saw the father and daughter because they were hidden behind a bush that was in the path of the vehicle.

Lourdes died at the scene. Cruz was briefly held by authorities on a child endangerment charge after he was released from a hospital, but Yuma County prosecutors declined to file formal charges.

Father of girl killed by Border Patrol truck sues
boarder patrol should have hit him harder

i hope he has a good lawyer...hahaha

Old 09-02-2008, 09:08 PM

630 posts, read 977,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That 'father' needs to be hauled on murder charges--------his breaking the law (crossing illegally) endangered his minor age daughter.
yea thats almost the same thing as throwing yourself in front of a cop car on the interstate and suing a state because you chose to commit suicide. rediculous isn't it?>

Old 09-02-2008, 09:15 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,650,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie333 View Post
yea thats almost the same thing as throwing yourself in front of a cop car on the interstate and suing a state because you chose to commit suicide. rediculous isn't it?>
Thank you.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:20 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,900,571 times
Quote:
Thank you.
In my area the police were sued by the criminal because when he failed to pull over they pursued him. It turned into a high speed chase. The result was the criminal side swiping cars and finally wrecking his own car. His passenger is actually the one that sued, the criminal later joineed the suit.
The claim was the police had his licence plate and had no need to pursue.
A jury actually ruled in favor of the criminals but it was later over turned.
Deep pockets at its worst.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:26 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,904,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie333 View Post
boarder patrol should have hit him harder

i hope he has a good lawyer...hahaha
I'm sure LaRaza, LuLac or one of the other taxpayer funded pimps will lend him one of their ambulance chasers just like they did with the illegal aliens who were suing the U of I for transporting their vegetative relative back where he belonged.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:32 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,179,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I'm sure somewhere in the future, I'll be posting a followup story where he is granted full citizenship and a huge settlement.

Sadly you are probably correct. Gilmer Hernandez-another law enforcement officer railroaded by the devil Johnny Sutton-not only went to prison for doing his job but the two lowlife illegal alien smugglers who had minor injuries by shell fragments received $100,000 each while breaking the law and riding in a car attempting to run Gilmer over. The best is during Gilmer's trial-the Mexican consulate was trying to get jobs and citizenship for the illegal aliens in this case-including the two who received settlements.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:20 AM

7,965 posts, read 16,794,203 times
Quote:
That 'father' needs to be hauled on murder charges--------his breaking the law (crossing illegally) endangered his minor age daughter.
Herein lies the answer. Why isn't the onus being put rightfully on the real guilty party? This man is an alleged 'father'. I am also a father. I would never, ever, ever put my kids in the position this man did.

He should be ashamed of himself.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:27 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,904,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Herein lies the answer. Why isn't the onus being put rightfully on the real guilty party? This man is an alleged 'father'. I am also a father. I would never, ever, ever put my kids in the position this man did.

He should be ashamed of himself.
They have no shame. He is about as deserving of the title "father" as those masquerading as "mothers" who breed for the purpose of anchoring themselves to the US and our tax dollars.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:37 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,042,756 times
I feel for the guy, I can't imagine how hideous that scene was.
Does he deserve compensation? No. No more then if I and my son laid in the middle of the road and then sued when we got run over. At some point, doesn't common sense prevail?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or