U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-03-2008, 09:49 AM
 
Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,582,681 times
Reputation: 267

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone knows where the border fences that are intended to block the influx of illegal immigrants from Mexico & Central America are located? If anyone could provide a map with the details I'd be very appreciative.

In addition, does anyone have any information regarding where future border fences are already being constructed or have planned to be constructed?

I happen to have become a very concerned US citizen after seeing the negative effects of illegal immigration but I have little knowledge of any events regarding the construction of border fences. I don't plan on using any information provided to assist illegal aliens in circumventing the law but rather I'd like to have some sense of security knowing that there are border fences constructed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-03-2008, 01:54 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,804 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Reputation: 17696
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
I was wondering if anyone knows where the border fences that are intended to block the influx of illegal immigrants from Mexico & Central America are located? If anyone could provide a map with the details I'd be very appreciative.

In addition, does anyone have any information regarding where future border fences are already being constructed or have planned to be constructed?

I happen to have become a very concerned US citizen after seeing the negative effects of illegal immigration but I have little knowledge of any events regarding the construction of border fences. I don't plan on using any information provided to assist illegal aliens in circumventing the law but rather I'd like to have some sense of security knowing that there are border fences constructed.
One I've personally seen is going up in the canyon called smuggler's gulch. I wonder how it got that name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2008, 01:55 PM
 
1,417 posts, read 852,550 times
Reputation: 76
Too bad there have been companies cited for using illegal labor to build the fence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2008, 02:03 PM
 
Location: Oxygen Ln. AZ
9,321 posts, read 16,138,805 times
Reputation: 5685
I don't know...using criminal illegals to build the fence might be a darned good idea Californio. Bring back the chain gangs now!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2008, 03:44 PM
 
2,256 posts, read 2,963,718 times
Reputation: 1215
It's being erected in sections all along the border. I'm guessing the plan is that they start at one site and work their way toward another section of the fence. I've seen sections driving along the border and it really is a quite hideous scar across my beautiful desert landscape.

I wonder how long it'll be until there are gaping holes throughout.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2008, 03:46 PM
 
1,417 posts, read 852,550 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
It's being erected in sections all along the border. I'm guessing the plan is that they start at one site and work their way toward another section of the fence. I've seen sections driving along the border and it really is a quite hideous scar across my beautiful desert landscape.

I wonder how long it'll be until there are gaping holes throughout.
That's because they're building another corregated fence. In a episode of Penn & Teller's BS they hired some illegals to build a fence and then go through it. It took them 5 minutes to go through the fence, 5:30 to go under the fence, and a little over 10 minutes to jump it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2008, 04:11 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,174,996 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
It's being erected in sections all along the border. I'm guessing the plan is that they start at one site and work their way toward another section of the fence. I've seen sections driving along the border and it really is a quite hideous scar across my beautiful desert landscape.

I wonder how long it'll be until there are gaping holes throughout.
Speaking of hideous scars across a beautiful desert landscape...








I'd rather have the fence, TYVM...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2008, 04:29 PM
 
956 posts, read 2,647,333 times
Reputation: 576
"Where are the border fences constructed/being constructed?"

In Chertoff's PR department.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2008, 08:01 PM
 
2,256 posts, read 2,963,718 times
Reputation: 1215
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Speaking of hideous scars across a beautiful desert landscape...

I'd rather have the fence, TYVM...
That's actually a valid point, as some of these unfortunate landowners have to deal with the mess that is left. As border cities like mine have beefed up their protection, illegals have moved further and further into remote locations like rural Arizona to cross. As a result it is a more dangerous and lengthy journey, thus all of that trash left behind.

Its a tough problem to solve, and view anybody who offers up an easy solution with suspicion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2008, 10:10 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Reputation: 22159
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
I was wondering if anyone knows where the border fences that are intended to block the influx of illegal immigrants from Mexico & Central America are located? If anyone could provide a map with the details I'd be very appreciative.

In addition, does anyone have any information regarding where future border fences are already being constructed or have planned to be constructed?

I happen to have become a very concerned US citizen after seeing the negative effects of illegal immigration but I have little knowledge of any events regarding the construction of border fences. I don't plan on using any information provided to assist illegal aliens in circumventing the law but rather I'd like to have some sense of security knowing that there are border fences constructed.

Well -- one thing liberals and the open borders proponents don't realize is that there were already fences, they are just extending them and making them better. Silvestre Reyes himself had some of the fences put up before he sold out and became the puppet of the Mexican government.

I see the fence daily. At least some of it is going up in a place that is very dangerous and it will save lives. Fewer people will try which means fewer deaths out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top