U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 03:42 PM

1,417 posts, read 852,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
So I ask you for the THIRD time oh wise one, why CBP (which you obviously have no clue what CBP stands for) is involved if it's not about immigration?

THIRD TIME IS THE CHARM
Why would an illegal immigrant be using the border to transport drugs? This makes no obvious sense meaning she must of been a passport holder. You can't hope to get through the border with no documentation. Read your article next time thoroughly. Have you ever gone through U.S customs on the border? I have dozens of times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 03:51 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Why would an illegal immigrant be using the border to transport drugs? This makes no obvious sense meaning she must of been a passport holder. You can't hope to get through the border with no documentation. Read your article next time thoroughly. Have you ever gone through U.S customs on the border? I have dozens of times.
So I ask you for the FOURTH time oh wise one, why CBP (which you obviously have no clue what CBP stands for) is involved if it's not about immigration?

Yet you continue to change the subject. Please answer the question so we can end this discussion. Otherwise stop crying wolf and personally attacking me every time I post an article that is clearly related to immigration.

Thank you in advance.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:01 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,072,228 times
this would be best filed under border issues. customs issues. drug smuggling issues.i guess that would be a "CONTROVERSY".

immigration issue? not really. the drug smugler could very well hold US citizenship, they were trying to cross legally after all.

as for CPB's invovlement. anything that includes traffic between the US, Mex and CND will involve them, from the smallest fruit, to the biggest load of drugs. thats why thye are in it.

but there is still no connection to immigration. this is about drug smuggling.

and all i could say is...

THanks customs agents for keeping more drugs out of the US!!!

Old 09-03-2008, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio
Quote:
So I ask you for the FOURTH time oh wise one, why CBP (which you obviously have no clue what CBP stands for) is involved if it's not about immigration?

Yet you continue to change the subject. Please answer the question so we can end this discussion. Otherwise stop crying wolf and personally attacking me every time I post an article that is clearly related to immigration.

Thank you in advance.
*Crickets *.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
*Crickets *.
One of the most horrible diversion posts goes to, none other than our, Jorge.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:14 PM

Quote:
One of the most horrible diversion posts goes to, none other than our, Jorge.
So I ask you for the FIFTH time oh wise one, why CBP (which you obviously have no clue what CBP stands for) is involved if it's not about immigration?

Thank you in advance.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:19 PM

Quote:
So I ask you for the FIFTH time oh wise one, why CBP (which you obviously have no clue what CBP stands for) is involved if it's not about immigration?

Thank you in advance.
Did I not explicitly mention "U.S customs on the border"? I'm starting to think YOU don't know what CBP (U.S customs and border protection) is. I know their procedures, as I've stated before, have been through U.S customs on the border many times.

Quite the contrary, the article is centered around drug smuggling. Que no?

Old 09-04-2008, 12:09 PM

a waste of time.
she probably thinks ICE and CBP are one in the same.
true, its all homeland security, but with different functions.
ims sure she would be just as confused about why the coast guard was involved in a drug smuggling boat raid. it has to be about immigration! the coast guard always catches mexicans trying to swim into san diego from TJ via the pacific ocean. IT HAS TO BE ABOUT IMMIGRATION.

Quote:
Did I not explicitly mention "U.S customs on the border"? I'm starting to think YOU don't know what CBP (U.S customs and border protection) is. I know their procedures, as I've stated before, have been through U.S customs on the border many times.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:

No, you DID NOT. That being said, it's obvious that only after considerable badgering you decided to look it up. Either you refuse to admit your accusation was incorrect or you lack the skills to comprehend the functions of CBP. Key words: BORDER PROTECTION. Border protection's main function is to PROTECT OUR BORDERS AND KEEP ILLEGAL ALIENS, their drugs, etc. OUT.

To say or think otherwise is dishonest on your part.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:26 PM

ACTUALLY its a function of ICE. Immigration and Customs ENFORCEMENT. the CPB just makes sure they are caught. its like the place holder to the kicker. they set up the regualtions for international trade and traffic. while they also deal with illegal people, that is not their main function.

Quote:
No, you DID NOT. That being said, it's obvious that only after considerable badgering you decided to look it up. Either you refuse to admit your accusation was incorrect or you lack the skills to comprehend the functions of CBP. Key words: BORDER PROTECTION. Border protection's main function is to PROTECT OUR BORDERS AND KEEP ILLEGAL ALIENS, their drugs, etc. OUT.

To say or think otherwise is dishonest on your part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration