U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 12:33 AM

3,172 posts, read 5,996,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Personally, I'm more worried about MS-13. They're alot more bloodthirsty than the "Bloods" ever dreamt of being.
haha.

Seriously, no gangs are better than the other. Just because one is Hispanic doesnt make it worse.

The Bloods have a pretty bad reputation themselves.

Like the ones that shot a 3 year old Latina girl point blank in the chest killing her.

But that got lost in all the stories of the evil Mexicans picking on the poor Black thugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 12:38 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,690,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
haha.

Seriously, no gangs are better than the other. Just because one is Hispanic doesnt make it worse.

The Bloods have a pretty bad reputation themselves.

Like the ones that shot a 3 year old Latina girl point blank in the chest killing her.

But that got lost in all the stories of the evil Mexicans picking on the poor Black thugs.
MS-13 is mostly made up of Salvadorans. How did Mexicans come into the mix? The FBI believes that MS-13 is the most dangerous gang in the U.S. today as well as being a threat to U.S. security. Think I'll go with their analysis rather than yours if it's all the same to you.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:42 AM

1,417 posts, read 852,550 times
Quote:
MS-13 is mostly made up of Salvadorans. How did Mexicans come into the mix? The FBI believes that MS-13 is the most dangerous gang in the U.S. today as well as being a threat to U.S. security. Think I'll go with their analysis rather than yours if it's all the same to you.

MS-13 openly recruits anyone of Hispanic descent.

Who thinks the Governement should step in and put all the Black gangs in relocation programs across the country ? After all they're the true victims

Old 09-05-2008, 12:45 AM

Quote:
I said "Hispanic". And then I talked about how Blood gangmembers killed a Mexican-American toddler, and the story being lost among stories about Mexicans being a threat to Blacks.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:47 AM

Quote:
I said "Hispanic". And then I talked about how Blood gangmembers killed a Mexican-American toddler, and the story being lost among stories about Mexicans being a threat to Blacks.
And I find that unbelievably sad. My heart goes out to the child's parents.

Perhaps it is lost in the mix because the amount of Hispanic on Black violence has thus far exceeded Black on Hispanic violence.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:49 AM

Quote:

Perhaps it is lost in the mix because the amount of Hispanic on Black violence has thus far exceeded Black on Hispanic violence.
Even though most crimes in the U.S are carried by Blacks? But they're the victims right?

Old 09-05-2008, 12:51 AM

Quote:

How many murders are actually interracial? Very few. Wayyyyyy more Black people killing Black people. As well as Hispanics killing Hispanics.

I remember looking through the Homicide Blog and seeing stories of Latinos being killed, where the perp was described as being Black. Wasn't really big news. If it wasnt for the homicide blog, the only people who would know would be the families.

But they made a big deal about Jamiel Shaw, and Cheryl Green(which were tragic murders), but who even heard of Kaitlyn Avila? That story is buried so deep, its like the girls life isn't as important.

The backdrop of the immigration debate makes me suspicious of how things are reported.

Immigration aside, I see Hispanics in general being vilified in a big way.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Even though most crimes in the U.S are carried by Blacks? But they're the victims right?
We're not talking about all crime in the U.S. now are we? We were talking about very specific crime....

Old 09-05-2008, 12:56 AM

Quote:
How many murders are actually interracial? Very few. Wayyyyyy more Black people killing Black people. As well as Hispanics killing Hispanics.

I remember looking through the Homicide Blog and seeing stories of Latinos being killed, where the perp was described as being Black. Wasn't really big news. If it wasnt for the homicide blog, the only people who would know would be the families.

But they made a big deal about Jamiel Shaw, and Cheryl Green(which were tragic murders), but who even heard of Kaitlyn Avila? That story is buried so deep, its like the girls life isn't as important.

The backdrop of the immigration debate makes me suspicious of how things are reported.

Immigration aside, I see Hispanics in general being vilified in a big way.

Why do you think L.A times was one of the few who reported this as 'Racial tensions'? No one wants to know about Hispanics killed in this crossfire. But if they're black and legal.. why not use this for the immigration debate!

Old 09-05-2008, 12:57 AM

Quote:
We're not talking about all crime in the U.S. now are we? We were talking about very specific crime....

Weren't we just talking about violence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or