Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 01:45 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,404,509 times

Advertisements

Instead, after an intensive examination, agents discovered 18 pounds of heroin with a street value of $1.8 million, a CPB statement said.

The CBP officers arrested Moises Noel Brown-Sosa, 48, a Guatemala native and a resident of Culver City, Calif., on federal drug charges.

"It is a very good seizure for CBP," spokesman Eduardo G. Perez said. "It is a significant amount of heroin."

Brown-Sosa appeared before U.S. Magistrate Judge B. Janice Ellington Tuesday and he is being held without bond. He is under the custody of the U.S. Marshal's Service. Ellington scheduled a detention hearing for Sept. 4 in the U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, public records show.

"Arlet," a narcotic detection dog alerted to the odor of narcotics on the suspect's luggage.

In a statement issued Tuesday, Perez said that Brown-Sosa arrived at the bridge in a taxi and that officers referred the vehicle to secondary inspection where they discovered the narcotics.

"K-9 Arlet's alert assisted officers in this discovery. This was team work at its best, great job by all," CBP Port Director Michael T. Freeman said in the statement issued.

Local: Officials seized heroin, beads and baby stroller | officials, baby, protection : Brownsville Herald (http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/news/officials_89695___article.html/baby_protection.html - broken link)

Just when you think they can't sink any lower on the "human" food chain . . . . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 01:47 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,156,264 times
Why is this in the immigration forum? What does being an immigrant have to do with the fact that this article is talking about drug smuggling and not immigration?

Old 09-03-2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Why is this in the immigration forum? What does being an immigrant have to do with the fact that this article is talking about drug smuggling and not immigration?

Quote:
The CBP officers arrested Moises Noel Brown-Sosa, 48, a Guatemala native and a resident of Culver City, Calif., on federal drug charges.
You people really need to stop drinking the lack of comprehension, paranoia and gotcha koolaid.

What the hell do you think CBP stands for? Clueless much?

Furthermore, the article clearly states the illegal alien is a NATIVE of Guatemala (residing in California). . . translation: illegal alien.

I make no apologies for your ignorance or that your comprehension skills are so poor. Shooting the messenger is not going to change the fact that this is another illegal alien of hispanic descent committing another crime in addition to having no legal right to be here.

[sarcasm on]If you don't think this story qualifies to be in this thread then feel free to tell us all or wise one where it should go?[/end sarcasm]

Old 09-03-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
You people really need to stop drinking the lack of comprehension, paranoia and gotcha koolaid.

What the hell do you think CBP stands for? Clueless much?

Furthermore, the article clearly states the illegal alien is a NATIVE of Guatemala (residing in California). . . translation: illegal alien.

I make no apologies for your ignorance or that your comprehension skills are so poor. Shooting the messenger is not going to change the fact that this is another illegal alien of hispanic descent committing another crime in addition to having no legal right to be here.

[sarcasm on]If you don't think this story qualifies to be in this thread then feel free to tell us all or wise one where it should go?[/end sarcasm]
I'd rather drink Agua de Horchata, its healthier.

Native of Guatemala and a Resident of where ever. It doesn't matter. It doesn't say if she's an illegal or not. You really need to read some of the articles you're posting thoroughly.

Old 09-03-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
I'd rather drink Agua de Horchata, its healthier.

Native of Guatemala and a Resident of where ever. It doesn't matter. It doesn't say if she's an illegal or not. You really need to read some of the articles you're posting thoroughly.
Don't change the subject while blaming me for your dismal failure to comprehend what you read. If Agua de Horchata contributes to your ability to read and comprehend above a 2nd grade level then I'll chip in and buy you few cases.

I did read it which is why I posted it and translated it for you in my previous post.

Wow . . . just wow.

Old 09-03-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Don't change the subject while blaming me for your dismal failure to comprehend what you read.

I did read it which is why I posted it and translated it for you in my previous post.

Wow . . . just wow.
My parents are Natives of Mexico. If there was an article pertaining to them, it would probably have said the same thing like: "Natives of Mexico and residents of xxxxxxxx, California. Therefore we do not explicitly know if she was illegal or not.

/thread

Old 09-03-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
My parents are Natives of Mexico. If there was an article pertaining to them, it would probably have said the same thing like: "Natives of Mexico and residents of xxxxxxxx, California. Therefore we do not explicitly know if she was illegal or not.

/thread
So I ask you for the second time oh wise one, why CBP (which you obviously have no clue what CBP stands for) is involved if it's not about immigration?

Old 09-03-2008, 03:36 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,559,023 times
JBub, you've been known to post articles that have no relevance. As a matter of fact, quite often you really stretch to find any correlation whatsoever, even when there is no obvious correlation. What's w/the hatred? Don't you have anything better to do w/your time than to hunt around for articles that may or may not have anything to do w/illegal immigration? I'm guessing you do not work. Didn't one of your threads get closed because there was no connection w/the article you posted & immigration?

Old 09-03-2008, 03:38 PM

Jorge's day

1. Wake up
2. Get on the computer and type in 'Mexico' on Yahoo news
3. Post anything related to Mexico under the immigration forum
4. And repeat

Old 09-03-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Jorge's day

1. Wake up
2. Get on the computer and type in 'Mexico' on Yahoo news
3. Post anything related to Mexico under the immigration forum
4. And repeat
So I ask you for the THIRD time oh wise one, why CBP (which you obviously have no clue what CBP stands for) is involved if it's not about immigration?

THIRD TIME IS THE CHARM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration