Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 05:12 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,852,055 times

Advertisements

I stated prior, in a previous thread, that White Mexicans comprising only 9 - 15% of Mexico's population but possess the majority of the wealth and political power. So, why aren't they being attacked or killed as often by the poor Mestizo population?

The Mestizos comprise more than half Mexico's population but are the poorest yet I never read any stories about them killing White Mexicans and I see them mixing in with the public. Why is that? I'm not advocating the murder of any people whatsoever but it intrigues me that the destitute racial majority does not commit any crimes against the wealthy racial minority. Isn't there any racial hatred towards the White Mexicans? How can the poor Mestizos who openly despise White Americans not say such things about the White Mexicans who dominate Mexico or launch any attacks whatsoever?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 06:17 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
This is FAR too complex a subject to be addressed on this forum. I'd guess that the "poor" (i.e., Indians and Mestizos) don't rise up 'wholesale' and slaughter the 'ruling class' (i.e mostly whites) for MANY reasons..

(1) They're afraid of being killed or imprisoned..

(2) They aren't sufficiently united with each OTHER to take on such a task..

(3) They find murder and revolution morally wrong..

(4) Their inborn fatalism leads them to simply accept their lot as 'inevitable'..

(5) They fear the unknown results of a revolution MORE than they dislike the present-day oppression.

Revolutions in Latin America have a very poor 'track record', and often leave the participants worse off than before.

Most of the world's population lives under conditions that WE (Americans) would regard as intolerably unjust..yet they 'do it', because that's what they know. Why don't MOST poor people around the world overthrow their OWN governments? For THAT matter, why don't WOMEN, in traditional Muslim societies, overthrow their HUSBANDS? They certainly don't enjoy 'equality'...yet that is the life they know, and the one they're accustomed to.

Mexicans always have an 'out', too, that most poor people do not share. Before they get to the point of murdering their oppressive white landlords, they have another option...they can simply leave, go to the US, and begin grumbling against a NEW set of 'white oppressors'...and THESE whites will even LISTEN to them..most of the time.

The biggest 'enabler' of the status quo in Mexico is the continued availability of 'voting with one's feet', and simply leaving...and this is where they come. Why get gunned down or locked up for life, when you can just leave?

Anyway, these are my humble opinions.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:04 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,308,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
I stated prior, in a previous thread, that White Mexicans comprising only 9 - 15% of Mexico's population but possess the majority of the wealth and political power. So, why aren't they being attacked or killed as often by the poor Mestizo population?
For the same reason that the 2% of the Americans who control 95% of the wealth are not attacked and killed. Geez!

Old 09-04-2008, 07:15 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicanRepublican View Post
For the same reason that the 2% of the Americans who control 95% of the wealth are not attacked and killed. Geez!
Good point, but you left out a lot. We Americans don't "kill" the rich, because in recent decades, MOST of us have been middle class..and the middle class is too comfortable to revolt, has too much to lose in doing so, and is too optimistic to give in to serious rage. THAT is why losing our middle class could mean losing our society..because if the REST of us, who aren't wealthy, ever become truly poor, we just MIGHT get 'ugly'. Americans have nowhere near the patience of Mexicans, nor any other third-world society.

The middle class has been shrinking for some time now. Will it continue? Let's hope not...

Old 09-04-2008, 07:26 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Good point, but you left out a lot. We Americans don't "kill" the rich, because in recent decades, MOST of us have been middle class..and the middle class is too comfortable to revolt, has too much to lose in doing so, and is too optimistic to give in to serious rage. THAT is why losing our middle class could mean losing our society..because if the REST of us, who aren't wealthy, ever become truly poor, we just MIGHT get 'ugly'. Americans have nowhere near the patience of Mexicans, nor any other third-world society.

The middle class has been shrinking for some time now. Will it continue? Let's hope not...
As you stated.

If the Upper Class was trimmed----------that would not hurt my feelings one iota.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:41 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,308,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
As you stated.

If the Upper Class was trimmed----------that would not hurt my feelings one iota.
Until the company they owned closed and you were out of work.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicanRepublican View Post
Until the company they owned closed and you were out of work.
Considering than an inordinate number of the putative 'Upper Class' prefer to hire illegal immigrants over American Citizens--------I would be getting shafted as it is.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:21 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,156,855 times
If you look at a lot of the countries, the "light-complexioned" people are usually the richest. South Africa, Mexico, Philippines e.t.c

Old 09-04-2008, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
If you look at a lot of the countries, the "light-complexioned" people are usually the richest. South Africa, Mexico, Philippines e.t.c
True.

If not the lightest complexion........then smooth hands which denote people who do not do manual labor.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:32 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,156,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
True.

If not the lightest complexion........then smooth hands which denote people who do not do manual labor.

I have calluses because of not using gloves to lift weight . I've actually had some Mexican kid ask me if he can see my hands. I think you could imagine what he said to me next.. (before I started lifting)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration