Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 11:19 AM

1,417 posts, read 1,156,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Time tochange the law tomake the first offense a felony.

Didn't most of the people on the immigration forum say "WE DONT NEED TO CHANGE ANY IMMIGRATION LAW! WE NEED TO ENFORCE OUR LAWS AND INTERPRET THE 14th AMENDMENT DIFFERENTLY!!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 11:21 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,867 times
Quote:
Time tochange the law tomake the first offense a felony.
Agreed. It's obvious that they totally ignore the fact that entering the US illegally is a crime. Criminals tend to ignore any crime that they aren't imprisoned for. That is exactly why we have millions of illegal aliens who refuse to leave.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:23 AM

307 posts, read 521,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I see I'm not the only one smelling something rancid. Why aren’t these people being immediately processed for deportation? They are all illegal aliens, and most are guilty of some form of identity theft or fraud. This is simply a slap on the wrist, and is certainly not a deterrent for other illegals. It’s absolutely ridiculous!
They aren't immediately deported for several reasons.

1) Because then they would not be punished for both crimes. To put make it more clear, If an illegal murdered someone would you want them to simply be deported? The crime of ID theft deserves punishment. That punishment is jail time. The crime of entering the country illegally deserves deportation. That will also be done.

2) It will HOPEFULLY deter at least SOME of those who think they can come here and use a fake I.D. to steal American jobs. After all, the 3 months in jail means 3 months of NO money being sent back to there families.

Hope this helps ease your mind, clarifies the situation and shows that at least SOME of the justice system actually makes a bit of sense.

Random

Old 09-05-2008, 01:45 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomU View Post
They aren't immediately deported for several reasons.

1) Because then they would not be punished for both crimes. To put make it more clear, If an illegal murdered someone would you want them to simply be deported? The crime of ID theft deserves punishment. That punishment is jail time. The crime of entering the country illegally deserves deportation. That will also be done.

2) It will HOPEFULLY deter at least SOME of those who think they can come here and use a fake I.D. to steal American jobs. After all, the 3 months in jail means 3 months of NO money being sent back to there families.

Hope this helps ease your mind, clarifies the situation and shows that at least SOME of the justice system actually makes a bit of sense.

Random
Thanks! That makes sense. I guess I'm simply sick of our tax dollars being wasted on illegal aliens. It would be nice if we could make their countries of origin foot the bills.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Thanks! That makes sense. I guess I'm simply sick of our tax dollars being wasted on illegal aliens. It would be nice if we could make their countries of origin foot the bills.
We could, if our lame government would start deducting the costs from their foreign aid packages. I guarantee you Mexico would issue shoot to kill orders for any brown person caught trying to cross our borders. We all know they hate their "brown" people.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:14 PM

307 posts, read 521,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
We could, if our lame government would start deducting the costs from their foreign aid packages.
Sounds good by me. The best way to get our immigration problem under control is to attack it on multiple fronts.

1) Put pressure on the Employers (via Criminal charges, loss of government contracts, etc)
2) Pressure the government of those countries to enforce their borders.
3) Put pressure on Sanctuary Cities.
4) Put pressure on the Illegals themselves (This however is the not very effective if you don't focus on #1. I'm not saying we shouldn't do it, just that as Arizona and OK show you get more bang for your physical and political buck going after the Employer.
5) Eliminate benefits to Illegal Aliens.

Random

Old 09-05-2008, 05:19 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,156,855 times
Quote:
2) Pressure the government of those countries to enforce their borders.
We're the only ones NOT defending our borders

Old 09-05-2008, 06:05 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
S.Korea, Germany, Japan, Egypt to name a few have US soldiers stationed there that could serve their nation better if stationed on our border with Mexico.
Pay would be neutral. Cost should be close to neutral. Short fall taken from foreign aid package to mexico

Old 09-05-2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
S.Korea, Germany, Japan, Egypt to name a few have US soldiers stationed there that could serve their nation better if stationed on our border with Mexico.
Pay would be neutral. Cost should be close to neutral. Short fall taken from foreign aid package to mexico
We are definitely on the same page. Deduction of massive amounts of their annual foreign aid is the only thing that will force their corrupt government and criminal citizens to get their act together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration