U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-06-2008, 12:53 PM
 
Location: CO
1,599 posts, read 3,007,553 times
Reputation: 488

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
It's not cheap. They also want to know the ins and outs of a ducks a**. I was lucky that my wife and i have been married for a few years so it made it easier. If you have only recently married an American Citizen it is harder and more scrutiny.
The reason I asked is because some people make it sound as if the illegals should just wait in line and pay their dues too, when in reality, they almost certainly would never be able to come with the money to make it happen. So it's not a realistic statement to make really. You need to have money to get here legally.

How long have you been here now? And what part of Great Britain are you from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-06-2008, 12:57 PM
 
3,859 posts, read 9,176,863 times
Reputation: 2728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludachris View Post
The reason I asked is because some people make it sound as if the illegals should just wait in line and pay their dues too, when in reality, they almost certainly would never be able to come with the money to make it happen. So it's not a realistic statement to make really. You need to have money to get here legally.

How long have you been here now? And what part of Great Britain are you from?
What about the thousands and thousands paid to coyotes? Here is just one example of a woman paying $8,000 to come here illegally. Then another $1,200 for "documents". That would be enough $$ to come here legally. She is only one example of many. She had the money but refused to do it the right way.



http://www.marshallindependent.com/p....html?nav=5015
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2008, 12:57 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,640,026 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludachris View Post
The reason I asked is because some people make it sound as if the illegals should just wait in line and pay their dues too, when in reality, they almost certainly would never be able to come with the money to make it happen. So it's not a realistic statement to make really. You need to have money to get here legally.

How long have you been here now? And what part of Great Britain are you from?
That is not our problem.

It is not the fault of the USA that Mexico is a broken scrap heap of a nation. Their basic culture sucks to be blunt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2008, 12:59 PM
 
Location: London UK & Florida USA
7,922 posts, read 7,622,462 times
Reputation: 2035
I have been coming to and fro for the last 6 years but got my residency recently. I come from London and still have a home there so we spend time in the USA and the UK. If anyone wants to immigrate to America you should "pay your dues". Being poor is not a reason to ignore the immigration laws. Maybe if they say "no fee" if you are poor would start the immigration stampede for all poor countries. If you go to buy something they don't say you can have it free because you can't afford it.

Last edited by geeoro; 09-06-2008 at 01:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2008, 01:01 PM
 
Location: CO
1,599 posts, read 3,007,553 times
Reputation: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That is not our problem.

It is not the fault of the USA that Mexico is a broken scrap heap of a nation.
And that's the common theme I'm finding in most opinions here. If that's the root of an opinion there's obviously not much that can change it. It's much easier to say that it's not our problem. Until Pearl Harbor got bombed, we used that same line, unfortunately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2008, 01:14 PM
 
Location: CO
1,599 posts, read 3,007,553 times
Reputation: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That is not our problem.

It is not the fault of the USA that Mexico is a broken scrap heap of a nation. Their basic culture sucks to be blunt.
And hasn't it become our problem? Don't you think that no matter what we do, the poor will always be there because of the lack of opportunity for them in Mexico? It seems to me that it will always be our problem, at least to some extent. Even if we'd rather wash our hands of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2008, 01:46 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,713,551 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludachris View Post
And hasn't it become our problem? Don't you think that no matter what we do, the poor will always be there because of the lack of opportunity for them in Mexico? It seems to me that it will always be our problem, at least to some extent. Even if we'd rather wash our hands of it.
No matter how anyone spins it, in the final analysis it is Mexico's problem to solve- not ours. Surely we have learned something from our disastrous attempt at 'nation building' in Iraq. Things would be no different in Mexico if we were to become involved there. We have literally handed out billions in foreign aid over the decades to Mexico and have nothing to show for it. It is time for Mexico to grow up. The party has to end and the gravy train has to come to a halt. They need to take responsibility for their own poor people. If they choose to remain a Third World country mired in corruption, all I can say is that we are not the only country on the earth with less than ideal neighbors. Others manage and so will we.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2008, 01:55 PM
 
Location: London UK & Florida USA
7,922 posts, read 7,622,462 times
Reputation: 2035
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
No matter how anyone spins it, in the final analysis it is Mexico's problem to solve- not ours. Surely we have learned something from our disastrous attempt at 'nation building' in Iraq. Things would be no different in Mexico if we were to become involved there. We have literally handed out billions in foreign aid over the decades to Mexico and have nothing to show for it. It is time for Mexico to grow up. The party has to end and the gravy train has to come to a halt. They need to take responsibility for their own poor people. If they choose to remain a Third World country mired in corruption, all I can say is that we are not the only country on the earth with less than ideal neighbors. Others manage and so will we.
Absolutely! Reps for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2008, 01:58 PM
 
Location: S.Florida
3,325 posts, read 4,695,483 times
Reputation: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludachris View Post
And that's the common theme I'm finding in most opinions here. If that's the root of an opinion there's obviously not much that can change it. It's much easier to say that it's not our problem. Until Pearl Harbor got bombed, we used that same line, unfortunately.
--------------------

Latin America not just Mexoco is a sewer of corruption . USA can pour all the money it wants and nothing will change.

Only change will be the safe deposit box's of the ruling elite will get that much bigger .
USA will one day go down in history as the country that financially destroyed itself pouring money into corrupt countries while it's own citizens suffered.

We have states,area's in America that are in dire poverty , people actually hungry ,no shelter,etc.
What about FOR ONCE just for once giving our own citizen's priority?

Money does not grow on tree's so don't say we can do both because we can not. We are in financial trouble .

It is high time someone helps Americas poor . USA does not owe Latin America nor any country a thing not a penny and again if it sends money most is going to safe deposit boxes.

I don't understand what Pearl Harbor has to do with sending MORE money in aid to Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2008, 02:01 PM
 
Location: S.Florida
3,325 posts, read 4,695,483 times
Reputation: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
No matter how anyone spins it, in the final analysis it is Mexico's problem to solve- not ours. Surely we have learned something from our disastrous attempt at 'nation building' in Iraq. Things would be no different in Mexico if we were to become involved there. We have literally handed out billions in foreign aid over the decades to Mexico and have nothing to show for it. It is time for Mexico to grow up. The party has to end and the gravy train has to come to a halt. They need to take responsibility for their own poor people. If they choose to remain a Third World country mired in corruption, all I can say is that we are not the only country on the earth with less than ideal neighbors. Others manage and so will we.

Exactly we have POURED money and aid into Mexico over last 2 decades and imagine 10 cents if that out of every $100,000 made it to those who needed aid.
I am being kind knowing Mexico's elite saying that 10 cents made it to the needy .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top