U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 05:43 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludachris View Post
It's too bad you're the only one coming back with level-headed, thoughtful statements.
As opposed to pro-illegals calling anti-illegals racists, idiots,xenophobes?
If you have read any ofmy posts the strongest term I use is criminals. Fact every illegal is a criminal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 05:51 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,005,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
If you have read any ofmy posts the strongest term I use is criminals. Fact every illegal is a criminal.
No, those are not appropriate either. The fact that someone is opposed to illegal immigration does not make them a racist. It's how they get their point across that makes some people come to that conclusion.

I don't think it was you that called them cowards.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:06 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times
When I first started seeing illegal immigration as a problem I was a whole lot less angry than I am today. I was nicer about it, I didn't rant and rave about it, I did what most everyone else did and just accepted it.

I accepted the lost jobs, the lowered wages, the increased taxes, the crowded schools, the crowded hospitals, the crowded jails, the increased crime and violence, the declining neighborhoods, I accepted it ALL.

AND IT JUST GOT WORSE!

I won't accept it anymore, and I won't accept the labels I get from bleeding hearts who are as naive as I USED to be. There is but ONE solution to the illegal immigration problem, and that is to BUILD 2,000 miles of fence, ENFORCE the law and DEPORT EVERY ILLEGAL we can catch!

So simple it HURTS!

Old 09-08-2008, 06:07 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
When I first started seeing illegal immigration as a problem I was a whole lot less angry than I am today. I was nicer about it, I didn't rant and rave about it, I did what most everyone else did and just accepted it.

I accepted the lost jobs, the lowered wages, the increased taxes, the crowded schools, the crowded hospitals, the crowded jails, the increased crime and violence, the declining neighborhoods, I accepted it ALL.

AND IT JUST GOT WORSE!

I won't accept it anymore, and I won't accept the labels I get from bleeding hearts who are as naive as I USED to be. There is but ONE solution to the illegal immigration problem, and that is to BUILD 2,000 miles of fence, ENFORCE the law and DEPORT EVERY ILLEGAL we can catch!

So simple it HURTS!
Well stated.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:20 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludachris View Post
That was the intent....

Macmeal, my sarcasm was not directed towards you. We've already come to terms on our debates and you've always had good points without referring to the group as cowards, villains, or any other term that suggests they have no dignity. I have nothing but respect for your stance, whether we agree or not. You've at least acknowledged the human side of it. I wish others would argue it the way you do.

I just had to make light of it so that I could let it go and not be so bothered by some peoples' attitudes.
There are many posters, myself included, who are compassionate. Contrary to your belief, my ability to empathize is not gauged by my stance on illegal immigration. It is possible to oppose open borders, the circumvention of our laws, MASSIVE illegal immigration, and the abuse of the hard-working taxpayers of this country……….and have a kind heart.

You castigate those of us who refer to illegals as “cowards” -– even accusing us of lacking basic decency. You have every right to your opinion, but you do not have the right to vilify us simply because our opinions differ from yours. You are not the arbiter of what constitutes decency and compassion. Nor do you have the ability to delve into our hearts and minds. Others can disagree with you without being heartless, vile, or ignorant.

Courageous people do not run from adversity; they are resolute, and face their problems head-on. It takes courage to fight for ones rights, and risk the threat of physical harm, or even death. A "coward" is the antithesis.

Obviously, you didn’t get the responses you anticipated; ergo, your tantrum, under the guise of sarcasm. Perhaps you thought your self-righteous indignation would put us all on a guilt trip. Perhaps your delusions of grandeur caused you to believe that YOU would change our minds……...YOU would convince us that illegal really isn’t illegal; and those “seeking a better life” are all paragons of virtue, deserving our utmost respect and compassion.

You will not change my mind, and I will not change yours. We will simply have to agree to disagree.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:38 PM

31 posts, read 51,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I've developed a thick skin to the foolish few pro-illegal people that label people against illegal invasion racist or bigots since after all.............illegal isn't nor has ever been a race. I guess some people didn't' get the memo though. Calling someone racist or a bigot is just a pathetic attempt to make themselves or their argument look better. Like water off a ducks back, just ignore it. I do. Now attacking one race of illegals would be racist, but I've yet to meet a person face to face that does that.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:43 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,657,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_builder View Post
I've developed a thick skin to the foolish few pro-illegal people that label people against illegal invasion racist or bigots since after all.............illegal isn't nor has ever been a race. I guess some people didn't' get the memo though. Calling someone racist or a bigot is just a pathetic attempt to make themselves or their argument look better. Like water off a ducks back, just ignore it. I do. Now attacking one race of illegals would be racist, but I've yet to meet a person face to face that does that.
Great point, Bob.

Obviously, anything that diverts the attention from the actual issue . . . aka: SPIN!

Old 09-08-2008, 06:54 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_builder View Post
I laugh at said pro illegals who try that 'race card' crap as well to further their immoral cause.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:59 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,125,167 times
The main problem is that the USA laws are being ignored. It has nothing to do with Mexico or anything else except a total disregard of the laws on our books. Put the laws into action and secure our borders and immigration is no longer a problem. We are only responsible for legal United States citizens. The responsibility for Mexican citizens, etc. lay with the country for which they are citizens.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:59 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post

AND IT JUST GOT WORSE!

So simple it HURTS!
A textbook example of a case of a compassionate person whose compassion has worn thin....probably, I'd guess, because all your compassion did no good. For your compassion, you got not appreciation nor gratitude, but just more demands.

Keeping people out who don't belong here is no more being 'mean' than locking your door is. When you lock your front door, are you being 'mean' to passers by? No..you're keeping people out of your house who don't belong there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration