Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 01:30 PM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I’m finished with you on this topic. If you are unable to comprehend what has already been presented, I certainly can’t help you. It would be as futile as arguing over the color of rain.

Blue!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 01:31 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,156,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I'm sorry, the example I gave of doubling the penalty for selling alcohol to someone under 21 did not change the age limit, it changed the consequence. Does that help? Did your parents teach you about consequences of bad behavior?

I'm really getting tired of trying to explain rudimentary concepts to you. Your teachers must have enjoyed your presence in their classes. If you still don't get it, I'm sorry but someone else will have to clue you in.
Even though I wasn't talking about buying it in the first place? I was talking about drinking it. Changing the age from 21 to 18. Nothing more. Benicar, you haven't presented ANYTHING. The only one who presented something I was never talking about in the first place is DontH8me.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:33 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Even though I wasn't talking about buying it in the first place? I was talking about drinking it. Changing the age from 21 to 18. Nothing more. Benicar, you haven't presented ANYTHING. The only one who presented something I was never talking about in the first place is DontH8me.
Tell us what the penalty is for drinking alcohol under 21 right now.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:36 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Blue!

Old 09-05-2008, 01:39 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,156,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Tell us what the penalty is for drinking alcohol under 21 right now.

Depends on the offense (like immigration laws):

First offense: 1. Probation.

2. A juvenile court hearing.

3. Driving privileges suspended for 180 days.

4. Attendance at a counseling or education program.

5. A fine of up to $500.00.

6. Community service work.

7. If truancy is involved, a whole host of programs with parents.

8. With a prior record that indicates delinquency, a whole other host of headaches.

9. A stern talking to by the judge. (Don't laugh, an angry judge is a very scary thing.)

Old 09-05-2008, 01:46 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
What is this about 'hating' illegal aliens?

I hate that the laws are not being enforced, I don't hate illegal aliens. I hate the situations that millions and millions of people crowding in create. I hate it when I have to follow the law but someone who came here illegally in the first place doesn't. I hate when I pay exorbitant school taxes. I hate when diseases which were supposedly irradicated re-appear. I hate having to be cautious about the latest food scare. I hate that they are now trying to change the name of a 150 year old street in my hometown. I hate being called a 'racist' when I was one who did not participate in white flight.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:47 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Depends on the offense (like immigration laws):

First offense: 1. Probation.

(Upgrade - first offense now goes straight to juvie court hearing)

2. A juvenile court hearing.

3. Driving privileges suspended for 180 days.

(Upgrade - suspended for 12 months)

4. Attendance at a counseling or education program.

5. A fine of up to $500.00.

(Upgrade - a fine up to $5,000.00.)

6. Community service work.

7. If truancy is involved, a whole host of programs with parents.

8. With a prior record that indicates delinquency, a whole other host of headaches.

9. A stern talking to by the judge. (Don't laugh, an angry judge is a very scary thing.)
Now, I went and upgraded the consequences as noted in bold above - how did that change the drinking age limit? It didn't. Case closed.

(I just knew you'd know what the penalties were for underage drinking...)

Old 09-05-2008, 02:10 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Not if we change our laws. Any illegal entry should be a felony, with immediate deportation.
In all fairness; if caught within 5 miles of the border for the first time, deportation should only be a civil offence. Why I say that is parts of the US-Mexican border are unmarked at the present time........and, it is possible to inadventently cross over.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:11 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times
Quote:
Dont8HMe explained this in terms even my 7 y/o niece could comprehend. Please stop making a fool of yourself. It's embarrassing.
I have come to the realization that they can't help it. Believe me, I truly feel your pain which is why I avoid conversing with any of them.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:28 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,843,540 times
America should use the Mexican blueprint for Immigration on Illegal Immigrants. ZERO Tolerance. Illegal means Illegal. If caught you are Deported...Simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration