U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 04:02 PM

1,417 posts, read 851,725 times

Advertisements

The Game- Spanglish:
YouTube - The Game - Spanglish [Exclusive]
(some of these lyrics just made me laugh)

Beyonce- Irreplaceable (Spanish):
YouTube - Shakira and Beyonce (spanish version)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 04:59 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
LA rappers have always thrown shoutouts to the Latinos, even if it is in a small way.
Thats why I laugh when people from the midwest complain about Mexicans kicking Blacks out of LA. Like the Mexicans just arrived.

I really respect Xzibit for doing that song encouraging more dialog between Blacks and Latinos and to kill the hate.

YouTube - Xzibit ft Jelly Roll - Black & Brown

The immigration crowd and people outside California rely on the sensationalist news and alarmist people from LA and assume its just Mexicans terrorizing Blacks.
But the people who are there know its both sides, and it isn't all hate.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:04 PM

Snoop Dogg- Vato:
YouTube - Snoop Dogg - Vato: Clean Version, Closed Captioned

Old 09-05-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Trip out on the end of that video where they show Snoop talking to Olmos in his Santana character from American Me. The leader of La Eme. I wonder if that was commentary on the Mexican Mafia's alleged green light on Blacks.

I love the animated version of that video so much better. I like seeing the characters of the hood animated. I would love to see a cartoon like that.

YouTube - Snoop Dogg - Vato (Animated Video / Full)

Haha, this thread is going to be closed pretty soon by all the over the age of 50 people on this board.
As bad as it is, I always got a soft spot for violent, misogynist LA gangsta rap. I never liked newer rap(I'm a 90s baby!), but I really liked this song and animated video when it came out.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:14 PM

The fact is Hispanics are having a large influence on American culture. This isn't about multiculturalism because as has been proven-- people are assimilating. It's all a question of is "Will people embrace change?"

Old 09-05-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
The fact is Hispanics are having a large influence on American culture. This isn't about multiculturalism because as has been proven-- people are assimilating. It's all a question of is "Will people embrace change?"
Even the Chicanos in America have a different culture as Americans. Its not that they're not American, theyre just a different flavor of American. And that still bothers people. Like, I dont want to sound cliche, but people arent really accepted in certain circles as being "American" until they act..well, white. Then, they are fully assimilated.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Even the Chicanos in America have a different culture as Americans. Its not that they're not American, theyre just a different flavor of American. And that still bothers people. Like, I dont want to sound cliche, but people arent really accepted in certain circles as being "American" until they act..well, white. Then, they are fully assimilated.
How much diversity have we seen at Car shows? Even at the Low rider car shows, I see mostly Whites and Latinos.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:27 PM

Quote:
How much diversity have we seen at Car shows? Even at the Low rider car shows, I see mostly Whites and Latinos.
Oh yeah, Lowriding is an AMERICAN culture big time. It just happens to be a mainly Hispanic-American subculture.

It has spread all over. To Latin America where Chicano culture is pretty popular among youths(the good and the bad =/), to Europe, its pretty in Tokyo.

And yeah, at the car shows, you see a diversity of people. The ones I been to have lots Whites and Blacks as well as Latinos.
Not to mention all the lowrider and cholo style you'd see in early 90s LA rap.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:31 PM

956 posts, read 2,646,563 times
If they want to pawn off rap music on illegal aliens, so be it. Better them than on me or my family.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Blooded American View Post
If they want to pawn off rap music on illegal aliens, so be it. Better them than on me or my family.
Because ALL Latinos are here illegally. Quoted for the funny ignorance . Hey wait a minute.. isn't the Treasurer of the U.S Mexican? She must be illegal too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or