U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 11:29 AM

1,417 posts, read 851,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
YES HE DOES

1st issue under immigration from his website:
The talk must stop. We must secure our borders now. A nation without secure borders is no nation at all. It makes no sense to fight terrorists abroad when our own front door is left unlocked. This is my six point plan:

Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.

Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law. This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas.
No amnesty. Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.
No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.
End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong.
Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.

RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT 2008 - News on Ron Paul 2008 Revolution

Those who attack bilingualism are jealous & feel inferior. (Dec 2007)
No amnesty, but impractical to round up 12 million illegals. (Sep 2007)
No amnesty, but border fence isn't so important. (Jun 2007)

But then wait a minute.. only a year earlier before he said building a border fence wasn't so necessary he said:

Voted YES on building a fence along the Mexican border. (Sep 2006)

RON PAUL STICK WITH YOUR OPINIONS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 11:33 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Those who attack bilingualism are jealous & feel inferior. (Dec 2007)
No amnesty, but impractical to round up 12 million illegals. (Sep 2007)
No amnesty, but border fence isn't so important. (Jun 2007)

But then wait a minute.. only a year earlier before he said building a border fence wasn't so necessary he said:

Voted YES on building a fence along the Mexican border. (Sep 2006)

RON PAUL STICK WITH YOUR OPINIONS!
You just posted a few sentences-how very political of you-perhaps you should run for office. It is very easy to post a sentence here and there and take it out of context.

Ron Paul makes more sense than McCain or Obama on this issue. Ron Paul wants to end the disgusting hijacking of the 14th amendment and end all freebies to illegal aliens. The quotes that you posted-without reference or context by the way- were referring to the fact that once the freebies and anchor baby benefits are gone-most will leave on their own and there will be much less incentive for lawbreakers to come here.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:39 AM

1,417 posts, read 851,725 times
Quote:
You just posted a few sentences-how very political of you-perhaps you should run for office. It is very easy to post a sentence here and there and take it out of context.

Ron Paul makes more sense than McCain or Obama on this issue. Ron Paul wants to end the disgusting hijacking of the 14th amendment and end all freebies to illegal aliens. The quotes that you posted-without reference or context by the way- were referring to the fact that once the freebies and anchor baby benefits are gone-most will leave on their own and there will be much less incentive for lawbreakers to come here.
Take it out of context? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how much more literal it can get than that. Really he meant after the freebies were gone? Was this before or after he took back the fact that a border fence was important?

btw source: Ron Paul on the Issues

Old 09-06-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Take it out of context? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how much more literal it can get than that. Really he meant after the freebies were gone? Was this before or after he took back the fact that a border fence was important?

btw source: Ron Paul on the Issues
Well I would rather take my info from Ron Paul's own website-not to mention the two times I heard him speak up here in NH and I liked what he had to say about immigration. I trust him on this issue- I certainly don't trust McCain or Obama on this issue.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:52 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,005,814 times
Quote:
Well I would rather take my info from Ron Paul's own website-not to mention the two times I heard him speak up here in NH and I liked what he had to say about immigration. I trust him on this issue- I certainly don't trust McCain or Obama on this issue.
So why is it okay if Paul flips on an issue but when John Kerry did it, his campaign was damaged beyond repair because he couldn't be trusted?

There just seems to be some irony when someone will trust one candidate over another even when things like this bring about a question in credibility. If we all took the info from the candidate's website (and their other marketing materials) or based our decisions on speeches, how would we challenge their beliefs or plans?

What makes you trust Paul over McCain or Obama? Just curious.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:55 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
We are in total agreement on that Nic. Ron Paul has never switch hit his positions based on pandering whatever ethnicity he was speaking to.

On Friday Obama held a private conference call with his "latino" constituents. I dialed in to listen but unfortunately it was delayed. I didn't have time to redial because I had to get some work related projects completed.

I'm sure the conversation was interesting, to say the least.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludachris View Post
So why is it okay if Paul flips on an issue but when John Kerry did it, his campaign was damaged beyond repair because he couldn't be trusted?

There just seems to be some irony when someone will trust one candidate over another even when things like this bring about a question in credibility. If we all took the info from the candidate's website (and their other marketing materials) or based our decisions on speeches, how would we challenge their beliefs or plans?

What makes you trust Paul over McCain or Obama? Just curious.
I don't know why you are interjecting John Kerry in here as I never mentioned him. I am also not buying into Californio's few quotes that he posted that Ron Paul "flipped". I already stated in my prior post what I felt about Ron Paul.

I trust Ron Paul more than Obama or McCain when it comes to immigration for many reasons. Record and platform for starters-however that does not mean I don't question what he says and does. Ron Paul is serious about correcting the abuse of the 14th ammendment. Ron Paul is serious about ending freebies to illegal aliens. Ron Paul cares more about the sovereignty of our country than either one. I have seen Ron Paul speak two times in person and McCain once. Based on the two times that I have seen Paul speak I believe him to be more sincere than McCain or Obama when it comes to immigration.

I did not vote for Ron Paul in the primary and there are issues that I disagree with him on. However, when it comes to immigration, in my opinion, he is much better and I believe he actually cares about putting America and Americans first. I cannot say the same about McCain or Obama.

Old 09-06-2008, 02:47 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
Some of you are propagandists.

Most of the things you say in this forum are like listening to fingernails on a chalkboard. If you're brainwashed, I could understand this nonsense you constantly spew, but if you're not, then what are you? A creature of malice? Are you a teenage girl?

Nah, we challenge the propaganda.

You guys post news stories one after another..instilling a fear and negative stereotpyes.
You guys use word association. Too scared to call illegals illegal immigrants...no! it has to be illegal alien, or invaders, or the menace. Negative word association.

JDubsMom puts Goebbels to shame! With her in charge of the propaganda, we'd be speaking German right now!

Old 09-06-2008, 03:14 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Nah, we challenge the propaganda.

You guys post news stories one after another..instilling a fear and negative stereotpyes.
You guys use word association. Too scared to call illegals illegal immigrants...no! it has to be illegal alien, or invaders, or the menace. Negative word association.

JDubsMom puts Goebbels to shame! With her in charge of the propaganda, we'd be speaking German right now!
I see you managed to come out of hiding just long enough to nibble at my ankles with your childish personal insults, for lack of anything intelligent or of substance to add to the conversation.

Yet you avoid my reply to your lame post.

I'll bump it to the top for you AGAIN just in case you missed it.

Old 09-06-2008, 03:18 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I see you managed to come out of hiding just long enough to nibble at my ankles with your childish personal insults, for lack of anything intelligent or of substance to add to the conversation.

Yet you avoid my reply to your lame post.

I'll bump it to the top for you AGAIN just in case you missed it.

Wow, like to gas yourself up much?

Why should I keep arguing the point when I KNOW what youre doing, and you will always cover your ass on it. If you aren't bullsh_tting, then your lying to yourself.

How can I argue against your insane way of thinking?

Your the person who said Mexicans have a way of inciting hate, and then went around and denied you hate Mexicans, remember?
I wonder if youre son's Mexican best friend's parents know about your hobby. I wonder how they'd feel about the stuff you say on here.
Im sure youre gonna BS something like , "they hate illegals!" or "they dont consider themselves Mexican-American! They consider themselves AMERICANS." pssh..whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or