U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 08:21 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times

Advertisements

Widow of Murdered HPD Cop to Go to Washington to Address Immigration

HOUSTON — The widow of a murdered Houston police officer is headed to Capitol Hill on a dark anniversary.
It was two years ago this month when Rodney Johnson was gunned down by Juan Wuintero. He was in this country illegally according to prosecutors.

Johnson’s wife, Sgt. Joslyn Johnson, will speak at a congressional forum on immigration. She says she wants local and federal officials to do more to keep illegal immigrants off the street.
Johnson will be accompanied by the president of the police officers union Gary Blankenship.

They’re scheduled to speak before the Congressional forum next Tuesday.
Click here to see the full video story by FOX 26’s Isiah Carey.

http://oneoldvet.com/

Maybe if enough of us pay a visit to Washington, they will finally get it.
It has never been easy to be a cop, but the presence today of millions of illegal aliens makes the job enormously more difficult and dangerous. That hazard is multiplied for police who work in a sanctuary city or state (see map), where they are prevented from asking about immigration status, knowledge which should be part of every officer's toolbox. In such places, the criminal is given an edge and law enforcement suffers.

We don't know whether Houston's sanctuary policy had a direct connection with the murder of Officer Rodney Johnson on Sept. 21, for example by making the city a more attractive place for the accused killer, illegal alien Juan Leonardo Quintero, to settle. We do know that the accused was previously deported in 1999 for sexual indecency with a child, so he may have wanted all the advantage he could get.

Officer Johnson had stopped Quintero for speeding (http://www.click2houston.com/news/9909160/detail.html - broken link), found he didn't have a license, then cuffed him and put him in the back of the squad car. Quintero somehow was able to draw a weapon which Johnson had missed, and then shot and killed the officer as he sat in the driver's seat. Quintero was quickly caught and was arraigned a day following the crime.

Rodney Johnson truly was one of Houston's Finest and had been recognized more than once for his heroic actions in the line of duty (http://www.khou.com/news/local/houstonmetro/stories/khou060922_ac_officermurder.6943980.html - broken link).

Last edited by JDubsMom; 09-06-2008 at 08:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 09:27 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,690,528 times
Horribly sad....

Reminds me of Deputy David March of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department who was shot and killed in cold blood by Armando Garcia in during a routine traffic stop in 2002. Garcia admitted killing Deputy March to a number of acquaintances. He had previously vowed to kill any police officer who tried to arrest him. However, Garcia fled to Mexico within hours of killing Deputy March. Garcia eventually was arrested in a small town just outside of Guadalajara on Feb. 23, 2006. He remained in custody until his Mexican appeals were exhausted, then extradited to Los Angeles in early January 2007. He was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole on March 2, 2007.

Deputy March's parents and wife have become very vocal opponents of illegal immigration in the Southern Californa area.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:35 AM

1,787 posts, read 3,347,231 times
I wish her the best of luck and my condolences.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Horribly sad....

Reminds me of Deputy David March of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department who was shot and killed in cold blood by Armando Garcia in during a routine traffic stop in 2002. Garcia admitted killing Deputy March to a number of acquaintances. He had previously vowed to kill any police officer who tried to arrest him. However, Garcia fled to Mexico within hours of killing Deputy March. Garcia eventually was arrested in a small town just outside of Guadalajara on Feb. 23, 2006. He remained in custody until his Mexican appeals were exhausted, then extradited to Los Angeles in early January 2007. He was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole on March 2, 2007.

Deputy March's parents and wife have become very vocal opponents of illegal immigration in the Southern Californa area.

It is sad. My heart breaks for her and so many others who have in some form been victimized or had their lives cut short. Especially when it is at the hands of someone who has no right to even be here.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 09-06-2008 at 11:03 AM..

Old 09-06-2008, 10:56 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,016,557 times
I notice the usual apologist have not yet responded how racist this thread is because it paints a bad picture of all illegals.

Im a retired cop. the same thing almost happened to me

In 1985 I had an illegal pull a handgun and shove it in my stomach. He pulled the trigger three times but the weapon an RG missfired because of a weak spring.
I lived to tell of it and I beat the hell out him.
He was released on bond and fled the country................I am glad I got the extra time with my kids.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
I notice the usual apologist have not yet responded how racist this thread is because it paints a bad picture of all illegals.

Im a retired cop. the same thing almost happened to me

In 1985 I had an illegal pull a handgun and shove it in my stomach. He pulled the trigger three times but the weapon an RG missfired because of a weak spring.
I lived to tell of it and I beat the hell out him.
He was released on bond and fled the country................I am glad I got the extra time with my kids.
Thank you for sharing your story and I also applaud you for beating the hell out of him. My only regret is I wasn't there to help you.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:15 AM

1,417 posts, read 852,101 times
Quote:
Maybe if enough of us pay a visit to Washington, they will finally get it.
Finally? I guess all the protesting at home depot really made people think twice about their "location".

Old 09-06-2008, 11:49 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times
I still remember when Rodney Johnson's murder happened. So sad. I cannot believe it has been two years. In the past two years-how many more police officers, border guards and American citizens have been murdered by scum who have no right to be here? This needs to end. I look at that picture of such a brave and handsome man and I start to cry then I get pissed off.

Old 09-06-2008, 03:32 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Finally? I guess all the protesting at home depot really made people think twice about their "location".
You've been carping about Home Depot protests for a while now, belaboring the point that people need to protest in Washington, D.C. I was wondering if you'd like to volunteer to pay the travel expenses of some protesters to visit the Capitol? If not, why don't you just shut up about it?

You see, the crowds of illegal alien day laborers are present at MOST Home Depots, and Home Depots are located ALL OVER the country. It makes it a LOT cheaper for folks to protest, and believe me we NEED cheap, since so many of us have lost income and jobs due to the illegal alien invasion.

And yes, it IS an invasion, there is no other word for 30 million foreign nationals illegally on OUR soil.

Old 09-06-2008, 03:35 PM

1,417 posts, read 852,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
You've been carping about Home Depot protests for a while now, belaboring the point that people need to protest in Washington, D.C. I was wondering if you'd like to volunteer to pay the travel expenses of some protesters to visit the Capitol? If not, why don't you just shut up about it?

You see, the crowds of illegal alien day laborers are present at MOST Home Depots, and Home Depots are located ALL OVER the country. It makes it a LOT cheaper for folks to protest, and believe me we NEED cheap, since so many of us have lost income and jobs due to the illegal alien invasion.

And yes, it IS an invasion, there is no other word for 30 million foreign nationals illegally on OUR soil.
Telling me to shut up about it? Way to insult to get your point of across-- real classy. Would I like to volunteer to pay travel expenses? The white house would be nice, but a good place to start would be your state capital-- at the very least to start there. They'd get way better attention there than Home Dee-pott.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration