Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 05:17 PM

109 posts, read 210,434 times

Advertisements

I don't know where you are from, but around here people take any work they can get.
I run a farm, raising crops, putting up hay, caring for horses and cattle, fencing and you name it.
Believe me it gets hot, and it is some of the hardest work you will ever do.
My children do it without pay, they can't find work any where else and believe me they look for work.
My brothers and sisters, and their children do this type of work.
I'm sorry, I have to disagree with you, your theory is not the case from where
I live and the places I have been.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2007, 05:27 PM

989 posts, read 5,925,035 times
Society, since day 1, has been a changing union(economy, culture, etc..) To view society as sedentary (or anti-changing) is simply anti-progress. You MUST be willing to accept the changing economy and act accordingly in order to succeed.(diploma, B.S., PHD)

In your case, you must realize that our agriculture system is not as strong as it was in 1900. You must realize that the world will NOT come to you. It comes to your priorities-What do you value?-your home town, friends, and family or a job/economy? What is your ambition level? This world is largely based on ambition. Do you have it in you?

Ambition is guided under rules; rules that illegals seem to ignore.

Old 02-04-2007, 05:36 PM

LaQuinta family, My brother used to have a good business cleaning parking lots, he has lost most of his business to people who pay illegals to do it cheaper.
He has picked up part time work cleaning horse stalls.
Another example of, doing the work Americans won't do.

Old 02-04-2007, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post
Society, since day 1, has been a changing union(economy, culture, etc..) To view society as sedentary (or anti-changing) is simply anti-progress. You MUST be willing to accept the changing economy and act accordingly in order to succeed.(diploma, B.S., PHD)

In your case, you must realize that our agriculture system is not as strong as it was in 1900. You must realize that the world will NOT come to you. It comes to your priorities-What do you value?-your home town, friends, and family or a job/economy? What is your ambition level? This world is largely based on ambition. Do you have it in you?

Ambition is guided under rules; rules that illegals seem to ignore.
I didn't say I am not sucessful at farming, I do very well financially and have never hired an illegal.
My wife is in the tanning industry, our children work for her also with out pay.
We do not believe in spoon fed children, they have to work for what they get.
Their pay is a roof over their head, food on their table, a car to drive, some gas money, and clothing.
We want them to get out in the work force but it is not there, hopefully that will change when they finish school with degree's.

Old 02-04-2007, 06:12 PM

989 posts, read 5,925,035 times
Then I think we're both on the same page.

Old 02-04-2007, 06:18 PM

I believe we are, I think I misunderstood you at the beginning of the thread.

Old 02-04-2007, 06:25 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
I tend to think or even ask the question to people who are pro illegal immigration this: "tell me one instance in history where illegal immigration has benefitted a nation/country, tribes and/or people?"

I can empathasize with the plight of many illegal immigrants to the U.S. but don't illegals know that by not registering/following customs,(in a broad sense) they are undermining/eroding away what they are so desperately seeking in the first place?!
I agree with your statement. I don't think illegals are heading here to make the U.S.A a better place for all. They come here for work so they can support their families living here and at home. When a company hires an illegal they reap the reward of a lower payroll.

I'd like to see public service announcements run on spanish TV and radio stations to make illegals aware of the laws we have in this country. I.E." Your car must be insured, it's the law"! Or, "If you hit someone with your car, it's your duty to stop".

Old 02-04-2007, 06:42 PM

I knew that (doing the job Americans won't do ) would come into play.
I'll make a challenge, Someone tell me a place that is hiring at over $10 per hour and tell me how many employees you need.
I will bet you I can send you all you want, they are working at anything they can find here for $6 per hr.

Old 02-04-2007, 06:44 PM

178 posts, read 735,184 times
I thought that's why all of us American's were working too. Not to
make the USA a better place but to put food on the table. I just
wonder how many people on this forum would like to run out a bunch
of other "types". I mean what about the black gang bangers in
LA.... let's work on sending them back to Africa... and then we can
start on the muslims in New York... I mean they might be terrorists...
let's get rid of them too. I bet when all was said and done it
would be 100 white here. And then who would you blame if you
couldn't find a job?

Old 02-04-2007, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by la quinta family View Post
I thought that's why all of us American's were working too. Not to
make the USA a better place but to put food on the table. I just
wonder how many people on this forum would like to run out a bunch
of other "types". I mean what about the black gang bangers in
LA.... let's work on sending them back to Africa... and then we can
start on the muslims in New York... I mean they might be terrorists...
let's get rid of them too. I bet when all was said and done it
would be 100 white here. And then who would you blame if you
couldn't find a job?
Those people you are referring to have as much right to be here as I do, if they are legal citizens.
That does not mean we can open the gates to the entire world, and say come on in.
Is it fair to the legal immigrants that can't find a job, or has to work for suppressed wages due to illegals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration