Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 01:49 PM

109 posts, read 210,462 times

Advertisements

I rarely post or read forums, however after reading some of these threads I have to believe the posters for illegals must have a motive.
I truly believe any red blooded American would want our laws enforced, would want to be relieved of the tax burden illegals put on us,
would want our jobs freed up and wages no longer suppressed.
Unless???
They are an illegal.
They are involved with an illegal.
They employ an illegal.
They some how make monetary profit from illegals.
I may be wrong, but this is my thoughts, now go ahead and let me have it,
and don't forget to pull the race card first.
Oh, don't forget to add the one about lazy Americans that won't do manual labor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2007, 03:28 PM

989 posts, read 5,925,394 times
It's a liberal metal disease that makes normal people love anyone with two legs regardless of what laws were broken.

Old 02-04-2007, 03:57 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,481,893 times
I tend to think or even ask the question to people who are pro illegal immigration this: "tell me one instance in history where illegal immigration has benefitted a nation/country, tribes and/or people?"

I can empathasize with the plight of many illegal immigrants to the U.S. but don't illegals know that by not registering/following customs,(in a broad sense) they are undermining/eroding away what they are so desperately seeking in the first place?!

Old 02-04-2007, 04:06 PM

291 posts, read 1,361,121 times
I could not agree more with perfect and therefore I am boosting his or her points for having a backbone to even start such an interesting discussion and also for bringing truth to the threads that should and must be heard!

Old 02-04-2007, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post
It's a liberal metal disease that makes normal people love anyone with two legs regardless of what laws were broken.
I love every human being on this earth, but if we take every disadvantaged person from every country we would be poverty stricken ourselves.
From your point of view, we may as well advertise come one, come all.
We can't save the world.

Old 02-04-2007, 04:20 PM

There are many countries that are severely impoverished, if the reasoning for some is sympathy, we may as well round them all up by use of U.S. ships and planes and bring them on.
If this is the reason, lets be fair, we must not discriminate.

Old 02-04-2007, 04:40 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfecttan01 View Post
There are many countries that are severely impoverished, if the reasoning for some is sympathy, we may as well round them all up by use of U.S. ships and planes and bring them on.
If this is the reason, lets be fair, we must not discriminate.
Please don't give bleeding hearts ideas!! We might see ships in our oceans and planes above bringing everyone here!!!

Old 02-04-2007, 04:49 PM

I have an idea, those with all this sympathy for povery stricken countries surely must give them financial support.
Why don't they post how much they donate and where to, if they are so insistent on our country supporting all poverty stricken countries, surely they must be doing it personally.

Old 02-04-2007, 05:03 PM

178 posts, read 735,208 times
It's not a matter of being pro immigrant and having a bleeding heart.
These people are working here and providing services. I'd love
to see all of you that say they are not needed or wanted out in
some field in 120 degree heat... oh, not you some other American
right?

It's the big lie of the immigration debate: Namely, that Americans would eagerly and gladly do the jobs being done by illegal immigrants if only wages were higher.

It started out as a rebuttal to President Bush's insistence that illegal immigrants “do jobs that Americans won't do.” Anti-illegal immigrant crusaders responded that these are actually “jobs that Americans won't do . . . for the wages offered.”

There are actually people out there who like to believe that there's some magical hourly or daily wage that an employer could offer at which a slew of Americans would leave their desk jobs and line up for a chance to do some of the hardest, dirtiest and crummiest jobs our society has to offer. In many cases, there is no such wage.

Still, someone has to do these types of jobs. And when employers try to fill them with illegal immigrants, they get crossways with native-born workers who are suddenly eager to do the very jobs that they and their families have shunned for a generation.

A recently filed class-action lawsuit against Tyson Foods Inc. insists that the world's largest meat processing company has kept wages low by hiring illegal immigrants. The suit by former and current employees alleges the company violated federal racketeering law, and that wages have dropped between 10 percent and 30 percent since the company began hiring large numbers of illegal immigrants. If the claim is successful, the alleged damages could exceed $150 million.

Tyson has been in the headlines before. In 2003, the company was acquitted in federal court of charges that it conspired to run an employee recruitment initiative that resembled a smuggling operation. The government alleged that Tyson managers hired intermediaries to transport hundreds of illegal immigrants across the U.S.-Mexico border and place them in more than a dozen Tyson plants.

Meanwhile, two months ago federal immigration agents raided a number of Swift & Co. meatpacking plants and arrested hundreds of illegal immigrants, some of whom were charged with identity theft.

We're told that employers hire illegal immigrants because they're willing to work for less than American workers. But it's more complicated. The issue is also how immigrants, illegal or not, approach the very institution of work. While many native-born Americans have come to consider labor a nuisance – especially if it is low-skilled, physical labor – immigrants have tended to see work as an opportunity to get ahead in America and fulfill the promise that brought them here.

Think about your own immigrant parents or grandparents and what they were willing to do for a dollar. Then think about what you would do.

Of course, employers shouldn't knowingly hire illegal immigrants, and those who do so should be punished. But, as I've come to realize over the years, the fact that employers are hiring illegal immigrants doesn't necessarily amount to exploitation. And, from what I gather, many employers resent the accusation.

I've heard from employers who say that, when they try to hire Americans, all they get are headaches and demands and complaints and demands and attitude and more demands. Once on the job, the employers say, many of these employees don't want to work; in fact, they spend their energy trying to find creative ways not to work and still get paid. Some quit after only a few weeks on the job – but not before making the employer feel as if they're doing him a favor instead of the other way around. In some cases, even the low-skilled are demanding high salaries because they value their time as much as the high-skilled workers do.

This might include the workers at a construction firm in Denver that was recently the subject of a report by Tom Brokaw of NBC. In the segment, the owner of the firm complained that some of the American workers he hired for as much as $15 an hour would quit after only a few weeks on the job. What was the problem there? Certainly not the wages.

One employer told me that, when she hired the native-born, she got a barrage of questions: “How much does this job pay? What are the benefits? How much vacation time do I get?” But when she hired immigrants, some of whom may have been illegal, she got only one question: “How much work can you give me?” Now, which one would you rather have working for you?

I still don't condone the hiring of illegal immigrants, but I'm beginning to understand it.
written well by Ruben, couldn't of said it better.

Old 02-04-2007, 05:16 PM

989 posts, read 5,925,394 times
Quote:
I love every human being on this earth
What about Hitler? Fidel Castro? Unibomber?..

Quote:
We can't save the world.

What is there to save? ..LOL

Poverty? Poverty is a relative term, and it will always exist no matter what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration