Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 02:53 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Even though Hispanic birthrates declined? Let the data speak for itself rather than blatant generalizations.

Here is a chart concluding Mexico's fertility rate:

Mexico Total fertility rate - Demographics

2008 2.37 111 -0.84 % 2008 est.

Timely article in El Diario today -- kind of applies to this topic:

Para dar a luz, cruzan a EU 300 mil al año | Diario.com.mx: Edición Cd. Juárez

300 thousand pregnant Mexican women cross into the USA a year to give birth. “bebés ancla” (anchor babies)

El Paso— Cada año, procedentes del sur de la frontera, principalmente de México, más de 300 mil mujeres embarazadas cruzan hacia este país con el propósito de que sus hijos nazcan aquí y se conviertan en ciudadanos norteamericanos.
Los recién nacidos bajo estas circunstancias se denominan “bebés ancla” (anchor babies) y, sin sospecharlo, cambian sus vidas y las de sus familas, pero no siempre para su beneficio.
Con nueve meses y 10 días de embarazo, Yvette, de 29 años, atravesó caminando el puente internacional de Córdova proveniente de Ciudad Juárez hacia El Paso, con el propósito de alcanzar a dar a luz en un centro de parteras, pero justo antes de llegar a la Aduana estadounidense se le rompió la fuente y comenzó a sentir intensas contracciones.
“Me sentí sola, y se me hizo un nudo de tristeza en la garganta”, recordó Yvette.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 02:56 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,156,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Timely article in El Diario today -- kind of applies to this topic:

Para dar a luz, cruzan a EU 300 mil al año | Diario.com.mx: Edición Cd. Juárez

300 thousand pregnant Mexican women cross into the USA a year to give birth. “bebés ancla” (anchor babies)

El Paso— Cada año, procedentes del sur de la frontera, principalmente de México, más de 300 mil mujeres embarazadas cruzan hacia este país con el propósito de que sus hijos nazcan aquí y se conviertan en ciudadanos norteamericanos.
Los recién nacidos bajo estas circunstancias se denominan “bebés ancla” (anchor babies) y, sin sospecharlo, cambian sus vidas y las de sus familas, pero no siempre para su beneficio.
Con nueve meses y 10 días de embarazo, Yvette, de 29 años, atravesó caminando el puente internacional de Córdova proveniente de Ciudad Juárez hacia El Paso, con el propósito de alcanzar a dar a luz en un centro de parteras, pero justo antes de llegar a la Aduana estadounidense se le rompió la fuente y comenzó a sentir intensas contracciones.
“Me sentí sola, y se me hizo un nudo de tristeza en la garganta”, recordó Yvette.
Ok so Anchor babies would be representing the Hispanic birthrate in America right? The number stands at 2.3 since of May this year doesn't it? Or do these Hispanic anchor babies account for a different ethnicity ?

Old 09-07-2008, 02:57 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,490 times
Quote:
I see that the majority of the Mexicans back then were having 1, 2, and 3 children.
But their birth rate per 1,000 was DOUBLE that of everyone else...

Old 09-07-2008, 03:28 PM

638 posts, read 1,848,618 times
Quote:

. . So in essence yes, this is why pro-illegal arguments are centered around anti-illegals being racist.
Actually, it's just good propaganda. The best lies always have an element of truth.

Behind the Veil: America's Anti-immigration Network
Heidi Bierich
Southern Poverty Law Center

Q : Who is the "Southern Poverty Law Center"?
A : National Council of La Raza sure likes dropping their name a lot . . and they have a neat map on their website where you racists can find other racist groups to belong to. Tired of feeling alone? Want to find other racists like yourself? Southern Poverty Law Center can help you be part of a racist group. According to this map, California is a great place to go if you're a racist.

That la raza witch on Lou Dobbs one night threatened him with the Southern Poverty Law Center, "We're watching you . . we're counting your hate speech code words", etc. "I'll get you my pretty . . and you're little dog too!"

What a flake! Is economic parasite a code word? I use that one a lot.

Last edited by r601020; 09-07-2008 at 03:50 PM..

Old 09-08-2008, 08:09 AM

50,269 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
Is economic parasite a code word? I use that one a lot.
What a fitting term. I like it.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:02 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
That la raza witch on Lou Dobbs one night threatened him with the Southern Poverty Law Center, "We're watching you . . we're counting your hate speech code words", etc. "I'll get you my pretty . . and you're little dog too!"

Very fitting description of Janet Murguia.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:04 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,327,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Very fitting description of Janet Murguia.
Good one Benicar!!

Old 09-08-2008, 10:22 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Good one Benicar!!
I couldn't resist it after reading r601020's post containing the words from the Wizard of Oz. Sometimes it’s hard for me to contain my silliness. I’m glad you and ‘some’ others appreciate a little humor.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:37 AM

50,269 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
I couldn't resist it after reading r601020's post containing the words from the Wizard of Oz. Sometimes it’s hard for me to contain my silliness. I’m glad you and ‘some’ others appreciate a little humor.

I'm a wise azz all the time. The topic of II is the only thing forcing me sober

Fight the good fight

Old 09-08-2008, 01:22 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
Quote:
"Dios MIO, these gringos DO come and go in the most MYSTERIOUS ways !! Something tells me we're not in Michoacan, anymore, Toto !!"

(Dorotea).....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration