U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-07-2008, 05:26 AM
 
494 posts, read 647,266 times
Reputation: 201

Advertisements

While neither presidential candidate will come clean with the American people and tell them where they really stand on illegal immigration, recent signs in Spanish ( see video below) appearing all over Los Angeles Latino neighborhoods promise Sen. Barack Obama will end all raids on illegal aliens!

Video
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-07-2008, 06:07 AM
 
Location: John & Ken-ville
13,692 posts, read 15,112,510 times
Reputation: 9486
Ha ha ha. Who are they talking to in that sign? The ones who need this treatment can't even vote.

Or do they vote?

There's going to be some problems in Los Angeles this November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2008, 07:28 AM
 
Location: US
3,071 posts, read 3,334,721 times
Reputation: 1619
If they get a driver's license as Obama's supporters are seeking, they will be able to vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Ha ha ha. Who are they talking to in that sign? The ones who need this treatment can't even vote.

Or do they vote?

There's going to be some problems in Los Angeles this November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2008, 08:27 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Reputation: 3785
Obama needs to be very careful pandering to the illegal Hispanics-----------otherwise the man will alienate our American Blacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2008, 08:59 AM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Obama needs to be very careful pandering to the illegal Hispanics-----------otherwise the man will alienate our American Blacks.
He MIGHT even alienate a few NON-blacks, as well.....I don't care how you 'shake it', at some point, if you're 'pandering' to those who aren't supposed to be here, then by definition, you're snubbing those who ARE supposed to be here...and that's a VERY risky position to take for one who's 'applying for a job' (the job of president)....essentially you're asking for votes from those you're planning to snub, once they vote you in. It's like saying "loan me some money, so I can use it to hire an attorney, who will then help me sue you". Brilliant.

If Obama was smart, he'd lie about it....swear before ALL of us that he'd "control illegal immigration", and then simply 'go back on his word' once he was securely installed in the White House. That's how the REAL politicians do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2008, 09:57 AM
 
Location: Texas
835 posts, read 1,174,389 times
Reputation: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Obama needs to be very careful pandering to the illegal Hispanics-----------otherwise the man will alienate our American Blacks.
Yes not only that but Texas has gleefully shipped 1.3 million illegals back to Mexico this year alone! Guess that voting base is not so sound afterall. I love it when we actually enforce our laws, come legally and all is good.
Breitbart.tv » Better Mexican Economy has Immigrants Returning in Droves
Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2008, 10:08 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
He MIGHT even alienate a few NON-blacks, as well.....I don't care how you 'shake it', at some point, if you're 'pandering' to those who aren't supposed to be here, then by definition, you're snubbing those who ARE supposed to be here...and that's a VERY risky position to take for one who's 'applying for a job' (the job of president)....essentially you're asking for votes from those you're planning to snub, once they vote you in. It's like saying "loan me some money, so I can use it to hire an attorney, who will then help me sue you". Brilliant.

If Obama was smart, he'd lie about it....swear before ALL of us that he'd "control illegal immigration", and then simply 'go back on his word' once he was securely installed in the White House. That's how the REAL politicians do it.
How true! Most politicians simply feed the sheeple what they want to hear; then, renege on their promises once in office. Strangely, it’s now as though our current presidential nominees are more concerned with appealing to illegal aliens and their supporters, than the majority of legal citizens in this country.

Given the fact that these people cannot ‘legally’ vote, it defies logic for politicians to continue to pander. Perhaps they think most citizens will be so preoccupied with gas prices and the economy, that no one will care about illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2008, 11:23 AM
 
485 posts, read 1,627,300 times
Reputation: 383
Default Obama has promised an end to raids and amnesty

If you type "obama + Immigration raids" in Google you will find many different articles where he or his wife say they will end immigration raids.

Homeland Security Today - news and analysis - Obama Calls for Review of ICE Procedures (http://hstoday.us/content/view/4881/149/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2008, 11:28 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
Yes not only that but Texas has gleefully shipped 1.3 million illegals back to Mexico this year alone! Guess that voting base is not so sound afterall. I love it when we actually enforce our laws, come legally and all is good.
Breitbart.tv » Better Mexican Economy has Immigrants Returning in Droves
Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
The tsunami of illegals fleeing California is starting as well..............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2008, 12:10 PM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
9,308 posts, read 25,652,204 times
Reputation: 10566
Quote:
Originally Posted by progressive25 View Post
While neither presidential candidate will come clean with the American people and tell them where they really stand on illegal immigration, recent signs in Spanish ( see video below) appearing all over Los Angeles Latino neighborhoods promise Sen. Barack Obama will end all raids on illegal aliens!
Simple solution to . . . "end the raids on illegals" is for the Illegals to GO HOME and enter the country LEGALLY!

Sorry, but ending the raids would be equal to releasing all the other Common Criminals such as Rapists, Murderers and Child Molesters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top