U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 05:00 PM

1,417 posts, read 853,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomU View Post
If a man says he is not a racist that is good enough for me until proof is provided that he is. If I call you a "Racist" are you saying that your denial should not be good enough. (Personally if someone called you a "Racist" without IMMEDIATELY providing proof My opinion of them would diminish.)

So far in this thread NO PROOF has been given showing this guy ( I know nothing about him and don't even know why it is here on this forum) is a Racist. If someone has proof. PLEASE PROVIDE IT.

Random

Quote:
Most Americans have never heard of John Tanton because he operates behind the scenes, but he is the founder and/or early funder of almost every national anti-immigrant organization in the country, including at least a dozen groups. By his own admission, Tanton's creations include the largest and best known of the national anti-immigrant organizations: NumbersUSA and FAIR, which stands for the Federation for American Immigration Reform.

The Tanton-owned Social Contract Press publishes the views of white nationalists such as John Vinson, including a gem about how God prefers racial separation. Tanton also publishes Camp of the Saints, a racist screed that uses fiction to warn white Europeans about an impending invasion of immigrants from India who will overrun the government, kidnap white women and make them into prostitutes.

If members of the mainstream press did their homework, they'd discover that it is pretty easy to get to the bottom of Tanton's network. Dig just a little deeper and they would find what the Southern Poverty Law Center reports—that Tanton received large sums of early money for FAIR from the Pioneer Fund, possibly the last remaining funder of eugenics in the country.

You remember eugenics; it's best-known proponents were the Nazis who tried to demonstrate the power of this pseudo-science by executing millions of Jews, disabled people, and others who did not meet their views of racial purity. A visit to the Pioneer Fund's website is a walk back in time, and not a pleasant one. It contains biographies of board members and grant recipient scholars who support such ideas as black people having smaller brains than people of European or Asian descent, and women being genetically predisposed to have lower IQs than men.

At least through 2002, Tanton's organizations continued to receive support from the Pioneer Fund. According to documents that nonprofit organizations must file with the federal government (known as 990s), the heavily Tanton-funded Project USA received a general operating support grant in that year, and the prior one, from the Pioneer Fund. Project USA's 990 for 2002, lists its address as the same as NumbersUSA's DC office. This information never came up on CNN on June 25, 2007, when Wolf Blitzer's “The Situation Room” ran a nearly congratulatory piece about NumberUSA's efforts to defeat the immigration reform bill.

Possibly because of some of these connections, FAIR and NumbersUSA have themselves gone to great lengths to declare that they are not racist. Yet with a modest amount of research, it is easy to find that FAIR CEO Dan Stein appears to have great tolerance for white supremacists, at least among his paid staff. Former FAIR Western Regional Director Rick Oltman regularly represented FAIR at Council of Conservative Citizens meetings (see pictures here and here). The Council of Conservative Citizens, which “oppose[s] all efforts to mix the races of mankind,” is the successor organization to the White Citizens Council, whose membership terrorized African Americans attempting to register to vote or enroll in public schools following Brown vs. Board of Education.

Not to be outdone, Joe Turner, who was recently hired by FAIR as the successor to Oltman, had racist skinheads and neo-Nazis join his protests when he was head of the anti-immigrant Save Our State in California. Turner toes the company line at FAIR, claiming that he is not racist, but one needs to understand this in the context of his unique perspective on what it is to be a racist. Here is a remark attributed to Turner by the Southern Poverty Law Center:

I can make the argument that just because one believes in white separatism that that does not make them a racist. I can make the argument that someone who proclaims to be a white nationalist isnt necessarily a white supremacist. I dont think that standing up for your "kind" or "your race" makes you a bad person. [Lack of punctuation appears in the original.]

Similarly, NumbersUSA and FAIR do not distance themselves from the racist leadership of the AICF family of organizations. Notwithstanding Vinson's view that the South should secede to protect white people, he is welcomed as a speaker at rallies co-organized by FAIR. And despite AICF's racism, you will have no problem purchasing NumbersUSA head Roy Beck's Immigration by the Numbers video from AICF's website. This video is published by Tanton's Social Contract Press.

Beyond sharing the podium and selling each others' products, Americans for Immigration Control, NumbersUSA, and FAIR work together regularly to fund and move the anti-immigrant agenda. An example of this is the Coalition for the Future American Worker, in which these three relatively large organizations joined together with mostly small shell or wholly owned subsidiary organizations to fund radio, print, and television ads opposing the immigration bill.
Need I say more?

http://www.americanprogress.org/issu...r_sources.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 05:03 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,176,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Need I say more?
posted in error-sorry

Nicolem

Old 09-07-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Could we please have the link to your source?

Thank you.

Nicolem
Woops forgot that .

Know Your Sources: The Mainstream Press Keeps Finding Wacky Immigration “Experts”

Old 09-07-2008, 05:05 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,175,726 times
Quote:
Need I say more?
Yeah, find something that isn't a C&P from the SPLC...

Old 09-07-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Yeah, find something that isn't a C&P from the SPLC...
It's not.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:10 PM

Here's a list of grantees from the Pioneer Fund. Lots of racist groups there...

The Pioneer Fund - University and College Grantees, 1937-2000

University of Aarhus

University of Alabama at Birmingham

University of Calgary (Canada)

University of California Berkley

University of California Santa Barbara

University of California San Diego

University of California San Francisco

City College of the City University of New York

University of Connecticut

University of Delaware

University of Florence (Italy)

Griffith University (Australia)

Hampden-Sydney College

University of Hawaii

University of Illinois

Johns Hopkins University

University of London (United Kingdom)

University of Maryland

University of Minnesota

Montana College of Mineral Science & Technology

University of Montevallo

New York University

University of Northern Iowa

University of Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania State University

Randolph-Macon College

Saint Augustines College

University of Sao Paulo (Brazil)

Smith College

University of Southern Mississippi

Stanford University

State University of New York at Stony Brook

Tel Aviv University (Israel)

University of Texas at Austin

Texas Association of Scholars

University of Toronto (Canada)

University of Western Ontario (Canada)

University of Ulster at Coleraine (United Kingdom)

Old 09-07-2008, 05:12 PM

Quote:
It's not.
BS, it's a direct quote. I just read it today. Or it's a quote of a quote, but the 'song remains the same'.

I notice you DIDN'T provide a link now, did you?

Now that the link is there, I apologize for saying it's from the SPLC. The Center for American Progress is just as bad, a left-wing liberal website similar to the Daily Kos.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:15 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,176,199 times
Center for American Progress is a liberal think tank. This is nothing more than a blog. Where is the proof on what you quoted?

They want to silence talk radio because that is one of the few places that actually talks about the illegal alien invasion. I guess they have a problem with the First Amendment.

Also-in your post they imply that Numbers USA is racist. I have yet to see that in any of the E-mails that I receive from Numbers USA. If someone has real proof that Numbers USA is racists I would like to see it.

Nicolem

Old 09-07-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Their funding and publications have generated controversy since the 1994 publication of The Bell Curve, which drew heavily from Pioneer-funded research. The fund has also received criticism for its perceived stance on eugenics.
Quote:
It has also been criticized by some scientists and journalists, and in various peer-reviewed academic articles.
Quote:
The Center for New Community, a human rights advocacy organisation, mentioned the Pioneer Fund in an article on their website. They characterise the Pioneer Fund as 'a white supremacist foundation that specializes in funding “science” dedicated to demonstrating white intellectual and moral superiority.' They draw particular attention to Rushton's theories about differences between races as evidence of the racial slant which they claim accompanies much of the research which is backed by the Fund.
Quote:
In accord with the tax regulations governing nonprofit corporations, Pioneer does not fund individuals; under the law only other nonprofit organizations are appropriate grantees. As a consequence, many of the fund's awards go not to the researchers themselves but to the universities that employ them, a standard procedure for supporting work by academically based scientists. In addition to these awards to the universities where its grantees are based, Pioneer has made a number of grants to other nonprofit organizations, corporations some feel have been created to channel resources to a particular academic recipient while circumventing the institution where the researcher is employed
Quote:
In 2002, William H. Tucker criticized the Pioneer's grant-funding techniques: "Pioneer's administrative procedures are as unusual as its charter. Although the fund typically gives away more than half a million dollars per year, there is no application form or set of guidelines. Instead, according to Weyher, an applicant merely submits 'a letter containing a brief description of the nature of the research and the amount of the grant requested.' There is no requirement for peer review of any kind; Pioneer's board of directors—two attorneys, two engineers, and an investment broker—decides, sometimes within a day, whether a particular research proposal merits funding. Once the grant has been made, there is no requirement for an interim or final report or even for an acknowledgment by a grantee that Pioneer has been the source of support, all atypical practices in comparison to other organizations that support scientific research.
Quote:
Rushton, the current head, has spoken at conferences of the American Renaissance magazine, in which he has also published articles.[3] Anti-racist Searchlight Magazine described one of these as a "veritable 'who’s who' of American white supremacy.".
Quote:
The Pioneer Fund was described by the London Sunday Telegraph (3/12/89) as a "neo-Nazi organization closely integrated with the far right in American politics.
Pioneer Fund - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-07-2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Center for American Progress is a liberal think tank. This is nothing more than a blog. Where is the proof on what you quoted?

They want to silence talk radio because that is one of the few places that actually talks about the illegal alien invasion. I guess they have a problem with the First Amendment.

Also-in your post they imply that Numbers USA is racist. I have yet to see that in any of the E-mails that I receive from Numbers USA. If someone has real proof that Numbers USA is racists I would like to see it.

Nicolem
If they wanted to silence talk radio, why not Lou Dobbs? Lou Dobbs is a big proponent in the fight against illegal immigration in the mainstream media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration