Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 01:02 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,586,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
A simple google search would tell you they have a website.

Council of Conservative Citizens

Benicar, I would hope that with you being Black would not support this website.
On clicking your link, I found the same video from the SPLC that you posted earlier with this below it.

Quote:
In this video, they explain how the CofCC is “racist” because this website once mocking [sic] the freakish appearance of Micheal Jackson back in 2001. I guess every late night television host is a “racist” also.
Michael Jackson IS freaky-looking, and has/had a pet monkey. Does saying that make me a racist, too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 01:05 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,151,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
On clicking your link, I found the same video from the SPLC that you posted earlier with this below it.

Michael Jackson IS freaky-looking, and has/had a pet monkey. Does saying that make me a racist, too?
I also think that you didn't think the Obama shirts with curious George were racist either.

Aside from that, promoting white nationalist websites on that website isn't racist?

Old 09-07-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
I also think that you didn't think the Obama shirts with curious George were racist either.

Aside from that, promoting white nationalist websites on that website isn't racist?
I didn't see the shirts or the white nationalist websites. I wasn't there long...

Old 09-07-2008, 01:17 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,510,236 times
Quote:
A simple google search would tell you they have a website.

Council of Conservative Citizens

Benicar, I would hope that with you being Black would not support this website.
Once again; where is your credible source? Where is your connection between this man and white supremacists? This is merely an SPLC video. It proves nothing.

Old 09-07-2008, 04:34 PM

307 posts, read 520,426 times
Quote:
Want on example? Tanton is apart of an infamous group called "Council of Conservative Citizens.....

Californio, you keep trying to use sources that don’t say what you claim, the sources are shown to be false, or the source is so long one can’t find your claim in it. This is why you are being asked for them.

Case in point is this post I responded to where you tried to claim Immigrants were not costing America more then they produce. Your own source you finally provided said that they did!!!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...ml#post5154749

Or this post where you tried to suggest that because your sorce said there are “579,974 REGISTERED sex offenders", that 579,974 is the sum total of all sex offenders in America both registered and unregistered.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...ml#post4957725

If you want to be taken seriously then an example of what many here are requesting follows.

Quote:
Here is proof that Tanton is a white supremacist.

According to Tanton’s own web site <Address of Hypothetical Website here> He is a member of an infamous group called "Council of Conservative Citizens. As can be seen by this post on the CoCC it says “All $#@% must die and their stain upon this great nation purged”.
That as recent events have shown the argument can be made that just because you are part of group where some members spout certain beliefs is not PROOF that you believe such beliefs.

A better source would be

Quote:
This FOX NEWS interview, look at the 15:37 minute mark, from 1998 shows Trenton as the Racist he is <Address of Hypothetical Website with video FROM FOX NEWS> shows Trenton saying “%^&*$ should be rounded up like the Jews in 1939!!!", while wearing Swastika and goose stepping around the stage with Bill OReily!
Notice that in the first exmple the quote establishes our claim AND just as importantly allows those who want to find it to use their browsers search command instead of reading 82 pages of stuff which has no bearing on our claim.

As it is you do little to support your cause, reduce your online reputation with those who are neutral on the subject, and lessen the chance of anyone aside from a few on your own side from listening to you. Mind you, there are others on your side doing the same thing as well as those on the Anti Illegal side who fail to provide sources.

I just find it annoying, that I start to read what I hope will be a good thread only to find out it is the same baseless accusations.

Random

Old 09-07-2008, 04:36 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,739,315 times
I don't put it past anyone to vilify the oppostion, not even the groups out for the rights of illegal immigrants, but are you guys just giving this dude the benefit of the doubt because he says what you like to hear?

Of course he's going to defend himself from accusations, but you pull a statement where he says "Its not true. Im not racist", and thats good enough for you?

Old 09-07-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
I don't put it past anyone to vilify the oppostion, not even the groups out for the rights of illegal immigrants, but are you guys just giving this dude the benefit of the doubt because he says what you like to hear?

Of course he's going to defend himself from accusations, but you pull a statement where he says "Its not true. Im not racist", and thats good enough for you?
I'm just asking for some kind of proof of the accusations made. I've been called a racist because I'm a member of NumbersUSA.

Old 09-07-2008, 04:41 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,519,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post

Tasteless, perhaps. Grumpy, maybe. Churlish, negative, curmudgeonly, 'out of it', and maybe even anti-simian.....but 'Racist'? ....No.....

Old 09-07-2008, 04:41 PM

And one other thing. I don't consider the SPLC a form of proof, either.

Old 09-07-2008, 04:48 PM

307 posts, read 520,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post

If a man says he is not a racist that is good enough for me until proof is provided that he is. If I call you a "Racist" are you saying that your denial should not be good enough. (Personally if someone called you a "Racist" without IMMEDIATELY providing proof My opinion of them would diminish.)

So far in this thread NO PROOF has been given showing this guy ( I know nothing about him and don't even know why it is here on this forum) is a Racist. If someone has proof. PLEASE PROVIDE IT.

Random
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration