U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 10:09 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,407 times

Advertisements

Having had my curiosity aroused by references to Mr. John Tanton, and having gotten no response from the originator of the subject, I decided to do a little Googling about him. It seems that Mr. Tanton has found himself a target of organizations like the SPLC and the ADL. In fact, the SPLC Intelligence Report published an unsigned article about Mr. Tanton back in 2002 entitled 'The Puppeteer'. You can read it here... SPLCenter.org: The Puppeteer

After reading that article, I decided to find out what Mr. Tanton himself had to say about it. Luckily, his response was easy to find. You can read it here... The Puppeteer Replies, by Dr. John H. Tanton

I would include excepts in this post, but you really have to read the whole thing to get the full effect.

I will say this about it. There seems to be, IMHO, a number of libelous accusations against Mr. Tanton that are founded on nothing more than an anonymous writer's opinion, with nothing but hot air to back them up. On the other hand, I found Mr. Tanton's response to these accusations to be rational and reasonable.

I've provided the links to these pages in order to give you the opportunity to decide for yourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 11:10 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Well-written and extremely informative! IMO, this man has been vilified similar to ALL who dare oppose illegal immigration and open borders.

Thanks for taking the time to research, and for sharing. I wish I could rep you.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:16 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Having had my curiosity aroused by references to Mr. John Tanton, and having gotten no response from the originator of the subject, I decided to do a little Googling about him. It seems that Mr. Tanton has found himself a target of organizations like the SPLC and the ADL. In fact, the SPLC Intelligence Report published an unsigned article about Mr. Tanton back in 2002 entitled 'The Puppeteer'. You can read it here... SPLCenter.org: The Puppeteer

After reading that article, I decided to find out what Mr. Tanton himself had to say about it. Luckily, his response was easy to find. You can read it here... The Puppeteer Replies, by Dr. John H. Tanton

I would include excepts in this post, but you really have to read the whole thing to get the full effect.

I will say this about it. There seems to be, IMHO, a number of libelous accusations against Mr. Tanton that are founded on nothing more than an anonymous writer's opinion, with nothing but hot air to back them up. On the other hand, I found Mr. Tanton's response to these accusations to be rational and reasonable.

I've provided the links to these pages in order to give you the opportunity to decide for yourselves.
I believe it comes down to these two points:

1. the cheap labor advocates want no restriction whatsoever on the amount of cheap labor they can bring in. Obviously the import of people brings wages way down, and that is what is behind much of the pro-illegal agenda.

2. Raza and Mexico want unrestricted immigration because Mexico sees it as a way of gaining control over the USA. Raza racists want the political power in the same way, by outnumbering Americans they will gain control over the USA and make it their dream Hispanic nation they believe.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:05 PM

1,417 posts, read 852,101 times
You'd have to be pretty naive to think he wasn't in fact a white supremacist/separatist and anti-immigrant. He questioned the "educability" of Hispanics . I'd like to think myself as being well educated

Old 09-07-2008, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
You'd have to be pretty naive to think he wasn't in fact a white supremacist/separatist and anti-immigrant.
Can you give us a SPECIFIC example of him being white supremacist and anti-immigrant?

Old 09-07-2008, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Can you give us a SPECIFIC example of him being white supremacist and anti-immigrant?
Want on example? Tanton is apart of an infamous group called "Council of Conservative Citizens. Not only is he apart of this group, his Right-hand man is the founder of this organization who stand for this:

"Advocating against minorities and racial integration."

Old 09-07-2008, 12:17 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Want on example? Tanton is apart of an infamous group called "Council of Conservative Citizens. Not only is he apart of this group, his Right-hand man is the founder of this organization who stand for this:

"Advocating against minorities and racial integration."
Again; would you mind providing credible sources (not pro-illegal) for your assertion?

Old 09-07-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Again; would you mind providing credible sources (not pro-illegal) for your assertion?

Why is it a pro-illegal assertion if it goes against your beliefs? You specifically would want to see an article the COFCC published comparing Michael Jackson to an ape? These people are anti-integration and against minorities.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Why is it a pro-illegal assertion if it goes against your beliefs? You specifically would want to see an article the COFCC published comparing Michael Jackson to an ape? These people are anti-integration and against minorities.
You keep making these accusations but provide no proof of them.

Why?

Old 09-07-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
You keep making these accusations but provide no proof of them.

Why?
A simple google search would tell you they have a website.

Council of Conservative Citizens

Benicar, I would hope that with you being Black would not support this website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration