U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 02:43 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,185,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
What century are we living in? You forget about the people who come here that come from wealthy families.
Chances are if they're coming from 'wealthy families', they're coming LEGALLY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 02:43 PM

1,417 posts, read 859,845 times
Quote:
What century are we living in? You forget about the people who come here that come from wealthy families.
Which constitutes for most of the legal immigrants.. they're the ones who have the money.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:46 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,933,769 times
Quote:
What about them? What does that have to do with what I stated?

Last edited by JDubsMom; 09-07-2008 at 02:55 PM..

Old 09-07-2008, 02:57 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,670,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Make it 4 no's. How can we possibly feed the world?
On that context I agree. That is why I am against amnesty. 80% of all illegal immigrants in America are from Mexico. How is that fair to all the other poor and desperate immigrants from around the world that seek American citizenship. Why should Mexico's close proximity to the US give them a unfair advantage. If we cant level the playing field for all dont do it just for one country.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:58 PM

43,858 posts, read 43,705,254 times
Geez.....half of Florida doesn't speak English as it is.

Why doesn't the UN take some responsibility for these smaller poor countries? Maybe Europe would like to take at least their fair share.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:58 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,933,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Chances are if they're coming from 'wealthy families', they're coming LEGALLY!
Exactly. I might also add that I seriously doubt they: will increase our population 10 fold by having anchor babies, receive welfare, healthcare, etc. courtesy of the American tax payer; need an interpreter, ESL classes for their anchors, they will not join the MS13 and other illegal alien gangs . . etc.

I guess we should consider the source of the question and end this futile discussion.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
On that context I agree. That is why I am against amnesty. 80% of all illegal immigrants in America are from Mexico. How is that fair to all the other poor and desperate immigrants from around the world that seek American citizenship. Why should Mexico's close proximity to the US give them a unfair advantage. If we cant level the playing field for all dont do it just for one country.
Eh, no number regarding illegal immigrants has been proven. Pew Hispanic Center estimated that illegals from mexico constitute for 57% of all illegals. Again, no number is really accurate.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Eh, no number regarding illegal immigrants has been proven. Pew Hispanic Center estimated that illegals from mexico constitute for 57% of all illegals. Again, no number is really accurate.
I'd say the Border Patrol arrest statistics are probably the BEST indicator, and THEY put the % at almost 90%.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I'd say the Border Patrol arrest statistics are probably the BEST indicator, and THEY put the % at almost 90%.

I looked it up.. found no stats. I did find this though:

Border Patrol Ordered Not To Arrest Illegal Border Crossers - Video

Old 09-07-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
I looked it up.. found no stats. I did find this though:

Border Patrol Ordered Not To Arrest Illegal Border Crossers - Video
I looked it up 2 years ago and found ALL their statistics. I can't find them now, but what I've said is true, about 90% of arrests at ALL borders are Mexican nationals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or