U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 06:20 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuquiyu View Post
Do you mean when the mexican territory of California was invaded?....
That is a weak argument at best.

#1: the Hispanics not only subjugated the Aztecs, Mayans, etc. in what is now present day Mexico but conquered the Navajo, etc. in what is our Southwest-----------yet, the former group of Indians embraced the culture of the conquistador.

#2: Mexico only had dominion of our Southwest from 1821-48 and Texas won their independence in 1836.

#3: had Mexico lost their war of independence against Spain in 1821----------the repercussions against especially the Mestizo/Indian Mexicans would likley have been brutal, to be polite.

#4: Guatemala was part of Mexico in 1821 yet the latter nation does not seem to want it 'back'. I wonder why.

#5: Mexico did not gain its actual independence till 1867 when the French left.

Bottom line: I have no sympathy for Mexico's problems-----------that nation needs to grow up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 08:02 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuquiyu View Post
child slavery, honor killings?????? what is this?, a commune in the U.S.?
Well, there are certainly ethnic enclaves within the US where immigrants refuse to assimiliate where these things are being carried out. Of course there is also the FDLS -- another group that refuses to assimiliate into mainstream american society.
Basically, why invite in an enourmous amount of people whose culture is at odds with our mores, laws, and sensibilities? Especially when these groups of people wish to congregate together and refuse to join mainstream american society. That answer is very simple ....no, we should not admit them. As to the ones already here such as the FDLS, well, we are saddled with them. But that is no excuse to let more in.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Well, there are certainly ethnic enclaves within the US where immigrants refuse to assimiliate where these things are being carried out. Of course there is also the FDLS -- another group that refuses to assimiliate into mainstream american society.
Basically, why invite in an enourmous amount of people whose culture is at odds with our mores, laws, and sensibilities? Especially when these groups of people wish to congregate together and refuse to join mainstream american society. That answer is very simple ....no, we should not admit them. As to the ones already here such as the FDLS, well, we are saddled with them. But that is no excuse to let more in.
The FDLS is being watched rather closely these days: if they even as much squeak----------they will be rousted. Warren Jeffs is dead man walking as it is.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:39 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The FDLS is being watched rather closely these days: if they even as much squeak----------they will be rousted. Warren Jeffs is dead man walking as it is.
And about time too! I wish local governments would investigate them more thoroughly for the welfare fraud that they perpetrate against the very country that they want to be seperate from.
Pedophilic hypocrites

Old 12-04-2008, 09:01 AM

14,006 posts, read 21,956,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
It's not Uncle Sam's responsibility to take care of some dirt poor woman in Haiti who decided to have 6 kids, even though she can't even financially afford to take care of 1 kid let alone 6. Let the Haitian government deal with it, that is their job not ours. It's not America's fault that so many of Haiti's poor and the poor in the 3rd world in general do not have common sense. The last thing we need is more welfare queens in the U.S, after all we already have our fair share here and I don't want the number to keep increasing no thanks.
What are you talking about. I happen to be haitian myself. And my mom only had 4 of us.

Old 12-04-2008, 03:58 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,308,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post
The Internet is full of appeals calling for loosened immigration from Haiti. The country is in chaos and with the damage from the last few hurricanes we need to allow a significant number of Haitians to come to America.

Would you support significantly increasing immigration from Haiti?
Hell no!!! We do not need more ignorant and uneducated immigrants into our country. We have more than enough legal ones now, and don't forget the illegals ones that have invaded us.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
What are you talking about. I happen to be haitian myself. And my mom only had 4 of us.
Assuming you are here in the USA legally.........I welcome you.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:29 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,693,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Lets be fair. Our government has done nothing but allow 10% of Mexico's poorest and least educated citizens to set up residence in America. Both presidential candidates have promised them amnesty. Why dont we allow 10% of all the other countries to do the same. That would be the fair think to do. I would be willing to bet Haitians would adopt English as their primary language than most Cubans do in Miami.

I agree about most Haitians learning English but I suspect you dont know Cuban from Dominican from Venezuelan from Colombian, etc ,etc.

Many if not most in S.Florida ESP in my area which is Venezuelan do not speak English.

Its just not Cubans as most here do not want to speak English REGARDLESS of what part of Latin America they come from.

I live in Doral and like I said to a woman visiting from CA who was thinking of moving here "You have no business living here unless you speak Spanish "

Now if you want to say Cuban men are some of the most aggressive drivers here dangerous drivers than I agree but its just not us who don't speak English .

Add some of the most corrupt and useless politicians in USA to that.

Last edited by Luiso; 12-04-2008 at 06:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or