Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 11:20 AM

485 posts, read 1,840,082 times

Advertisements

The Internet is full of appeals calling for loosened immigration from Haiti. The country is in chaos and with the damage from the last few hurricanes we need to allow a significant number of Haitians to come to America.

Would you support significantly increasing immigration from Haiti?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 11:23 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post
The Internet is full of appeals calling for loosened immigration from Haiti. The country is in chaos and with the damage from the last few hurricanes we need to allow a significant number of Haitians to come to America.

Would you support significantly increasing immigration from Haiti?
NO.

And why I say that is because we are dealing with a high unemployment rate in the USA already. Another factor is that we are already allowing in too many Third World culture people as it is---------no matter their race/ethnicity.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:36 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
NO.

And why I say that is because we are dealing with a high unemployment rate in the USA already. Another factor is that we are already allowing in too many Third World culture people as it is---------no matter their race/ethnicity.
Ditto!

Old 09-07-2008, 11:51 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Ditto!
Make that 3 NO's!

Old 09-07-2008, 12:17 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
Make it 4 no's. How can we possibly feed the world?

Old 09-07-2008, 01:19 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,636 times
Lets be fair. Our government has done nothing but allow 10% of Mexico's poorest and least educated citizens to set up residence in America. Both presidential candidates have promised them amnesty. Why dont we allow 10% of all the other countries to do the same. That would be the fair think to do. I would be willing to bet Haitians would adopt English as their primary language than most Cubans do in Miami.

Old 09-07-2008, 01:21 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
I would be ok with an even trade, for every Haitian allowed one Illegal Immigrant must go home. U pick which ones it doesn't matter to me.

Old 09-07-2008, 01:39 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I would be ok with an even trade, for every Haitian allowed one Illegal Immigrant must go home. U pick which ones it doesn't matter to me.
I think ALL illegal aliens should go home before we resume any form of immigration. Every branch of our government is dysfunctional, unorganized and in many cases the inmates are running the asylum. In other words, administratively on every single level, this country is a hot mess.

We need to clean house, get rid of all the parasites, and put our citizens who are on welfare to work. After which, any legal immigrant granted entry should be sponsored by and the sole responsibility of his/her employer.

While I sympathize with the plight of those from 3rd world countries, their desire to come here to live the "American Dream" has become America's social, economic and cultural nightmare.

The expectations of those coming here illegally and otherwise are not even realistic in terms of what the average American not born into wealth has to do just to survive. We need to give our own poverty stricken citizens an opportunity to dream. We need to make it a necessity that they work towards getting off of welfare and start building their dreams.

The more 3rd world peasants we allow to come here, the bigger masses of imported poverty we are paying for, the astronomical birthrates and overwhelming billions of tax dollars being wasted to prop up the citizens of the corrupt regimes of other countries should no longer be accepted as our burden.

Continuing along this path of destruction merely serves to obliterate the dreams of success of our own poverty stricken masses. It's time to clean up our back yard and let other countries do the same.

Old 09-07-2008, 01:42 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,157,127 times
In order to to have a functional guest worker program we don't need illegals.

Old 09-07-2008, 01:42 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
The more 3rd world peasants we allow to come here, the bigger masses of imported poverty we are paying for.
What century are we living in? You forget about the people who come here that come from wealthy families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration